“New Stanton PA”

Super 8 New Stanton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Not wanting to drive to 5.5 hours in one shot for all the anniversary festivities in Gettysburg, New Stanton, Pennsylvania was a great place to spend the night. I've never stayed at a "Super 8" before so I didn't know what to expect. Overall, it was fine. It was definitely lower budget, for example; smaller room, double, not queen beds, few amenities in bathroom and bare bones breakfast. Yet, it was clean, quiet and the employees were all very friendly. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Holland, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

After traveling for 6 hours and with another 6 hours ahead of us the following day we were looking for a nice, comfortable, clean and not to expensive place to stay. We have stayed at other Super 8 hotels and have found a variety of experiences. This one however was very clean, smelled so fresh and clean as did all the linens. The bed was so comfy it was hard to get out of bed. This gave us some assurance and confirmation of our choice as we were to be staying at another Super 8 in Brooklyn the following two nights. Thanks for the great stay!
Tim & Chris

Room Tip: We were charged for the Safe which was in our room. I asked for it to be removed from our bill sinc...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We usually stay at a Hampton Inn or Courtyard, but because of the mostly good reviews on this Super 8 and the excellent price, we decided to try it. We were very pleased. We booked two rooms, a double for my 83-year-old mother and a king for us. When I called the hotel to let them know Mom would be checking in first and her age, Frank insisted our rooms be moved from the second to the first floor so she would not have to climb stairs. Our rooms were a little on the small size, but quite adequate. I didn't notice the smoke smell others have mentioned, but I agree the staff should not be permitted to smoke right outside the front entrace. Not very welcoming! I felt the rooms were were clean, smelled fresh and the beds were comfortable. There is a small fridge and microwave in each room. The TV was a little on the old side, but they had a decent selection of cable channels, including HBO; however our channel guide was not correct and we had to channel surf to find anything. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired; it was just bread for toast, cold cereals, coffee, juice, pastry, yogurt, toaster waffles & syrup and fruit. I prefer a lean protein over carbs for breakfast, but it held us until lunch. We ate at the Bob Evans across the street on the first day of our stay, but decided to have breakfast at the hotel on the second. If I have the need to stay in New Stanton again, I would not hesitate to book a room at Super 8.

Room Tip: Our rooms were near the back of the hotel and were very quiet - rooms 118 and 120.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Frank F, Manager at Super 8 New Stanton, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review for the Super 8 Motel in New Stanton, Pa. Our goal is to satisfy all our guests and if we can make your stay more pleasant we are happy to do so. I'm glad your mother was able to access her room with no problem and also we are pleased that your family enjoyed your stay with us. When you return to this area we will be available to take your reservations by phone at 724-925-8915. Again thank you for staying at our Super 8 Motel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
#3 of 7 in New Stanton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon

Been to Super 8 New Stanton? Share your experiences!