“Definitely recommended”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Mount Vernon, New York
“Definitely recommended”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I needed a stopping-over place to break up a cross-country trip. The Comfort Inn at New Stanton turned out to be a perfect choice. First of all, it was very easy to reach from the highway, just off I-70 West, where it meets the Pa. Turnpike. Our room was comfortable and pleasant, the staff was quick and efficient, and everything (including the free wifi) worked fine. The complimentary breakfast was, in our view, a solid notch or two above the customary standards of the genre—including eggs and tasty sausage patties, two flavors of make-your-own waffles and a fair variety of healthy breakfast fare, as well. The lady in charge of the food service was there to help and clearly took personal pride in providing satisfaction. For an evening meal, a number of restaurants are within easy walking distance (and an even easier drive, I suppose).

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAH43
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We love to hear from our guest good or bad so we know how we are doing. Our staff tries to make ever stay memorable. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kimberly
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I travel the country delivering firetrucks.Once in awhile I come across outstanding employees.Hence,Maggie and Sheila.They always ensure I have a super clean room and a timely check in .Today when I walked in the front door,I was already checked in.They provided me with my elite Diamond goody bag.It contained chips,peanuts and a bottle of water.Posted my name on the welcome board and even found me some peanut butter.You see,it pays to stay at Choice Hotels.You also receive free hotel nights or a $50. Gift card with numerous stays.I come here because Maggie and Sheila make it like a home away from home.This location has a nice indoor pool and a small exercise room to stretch out in.Bob Evans restaraunt is next door .Parking for my 30' firetruck or the 47' truck out in the street.Easy access to hotel from I 70.Come and meet Maggie and Sheila.You will be glad you did .Oh yes,paid $110 a night for a spacious ,clean room with a flat screen TV.Room 107.Quiet.Next door to a storage room.I will be back and hope to hear that Maggie and Sheila were rewarded for their hard work

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ronald E
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Ronald,
We are delighted that you love to stay with us. We are glad to have you be our guest anytime. Our staff makes sure that your stay with us is enjoyable and rooms are clean always. Thanks for being a Choice Privileges Member.
Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. My friends and I were in the area for biking, hiking, and rafting in Ohiopyle. The drive to Ohiopyle was 35 miles and took about 45 minutes. Upon our arrival, we were offered fresh baked cookies. Staff was friendly. Rooms were decorated nicely and very clean. Comfortable bedding. The room size was comfortable, even with two double beds. Typical breakfast included waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, and a variety of breads. Nice area to stay for outdoor activities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
It was a pleasure for us to have you for your 3 day stay in the Laurel highlands. Our staff try to make sure that everyone feels welcome and has a clean comfortable room. We hope you come back to visit us again soon. There is plenty to see and do around the area.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Traveling east during a post-Christmas snow storm required us to stop and spend the nite. The hotel, while modest, was clean and comfortable and the small hotel staff was kind and friendly. While I would not seek out the town of New Stanton, PA or necessarily this hotel, I am glad we stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
weeneydog, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Our town is usually for stop overs or local companies. I'm very glad you got to spend the night with us. Our staff tries to keep our hotel friendly and clean.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had driven all day. Got to the motel about 8:30 and hadn't eaten any dinner yet. We found a gas station that was open and served sandwiches. The clerk said she had been calling around trying to find places to eat for other guest and the gas station was the only place open serving food. Friendly

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
weeneydog, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
We are glad that you had a nice stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that nothing was open for you to enjoy a meal. Hope you had a great holiday.
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed here twice because i convinced my parents to do so. The first night wasnt that great the pool room was full of people parting and the had stinky food. The the next day we were suppose to leave but i end up crying becuase i wanted to stay agen and it worked. We stayed a sceond night i got to swim in the pool with no one in the pool to bother me it was the best stay of my life. O i forgot to mechen the breakfest was the best and the stuff was nicer then anything.

• Stayed November 2012
weeneydog, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I'm sorry your first night was not as good as your second night. I am pleased you got to talk your parents into staying a second night with us. I hope you return again to enjoy the pool and our breakfast.
Cleveland
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Good place to go. going back to stay ! Have got 1 complaint, there was no restroom on the first floor near the breakfast area, AND that was the only thing I could find wrong. Other than that, it was and will be a pleasure to return ! THANKS

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
weeneydog, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
It was our pleasure to serve you. Our staff will make sure your stay is comfortable everytime. We will be glad to welcome you back anytime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!