Comfort Inn
Motel 6(New Stanton)
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg(Greensburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsbob evanspool roomwafflesin great shapewe've stayedchoice hotelseating breakfastnice stayroad constructionclean roomsair conditionerwould stay againkeuriglobbystantonsinkmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Maggie, the night clerk, has been a dear to our family. We stayed twice in one week; once in a 2 queen non-smoking room and this time in a suite. I chose this location initially because it was halfway to our destination and had an indoor heated pool and breakfast. I came back because of Maggie (the pool was heavily chlorinated but useable and the room smell a bit smokey with the fan on). My kids love this motel and we will use it whenever we make the trip to the East Coast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

I'm glad you like our hotel for your stay when in the area. I'm sorry to hear about the pool and your room. I will be looking into this matter for you.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Visit August 27th for 1 night....expected a very basic stay as we stayed at this motel years ago and was nondescript at best.
In the last 2 years management have upgraded the rooms, they were clean and smelled clean....handicapped room had a roomy and functional bathroom.
Breakfast was more than most "free" offerings, lots of variety, plenty of fruit, yogurt as well as the standby waffles, eggs, and sausage.
Not a high end motel but a super moderate cost motel and overall super value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us. We have been making alot of changes. Plus we are going to be doing some more this fall/winter. We try to keep up with what guest ask for. Thanks again for travling.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were in PA to take care of some family business when we stopped here. The room was everything you expect from a Comfort Inn, but there was a surprise outside the window. Our first floor room looked onto a narrow strip of lawn, then up an overgrown bank about 30 feet high. As I spoke on the phone, I noticed movement in the underbrush. A weasel-like creature came into an open spot and I called my wife over. As we watched, she tried to get a picture of the first fisher either of us had ever seen! It was foraging among the weeds and even came out on the grass briefly! You may not see one if you stop here, but it's possible!
The hotel staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. We walked to a nearby restaurant for a light dinner.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid the room nearest the vending machines.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have several animals that you may see out your window if you have a backside room. Thanks for traveling!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Traveling east from Kentucky we stopped at this Comfort Inn before getting on the PA Turnpike from Interstate 70. Only King rooms were available when we stopped, so my niece and I grabbed it. Imagine our surprise to find a huge spa tub in the middle of the room. My niece took immediate advantage to soak off the aches of a long-day's drive. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (pillows labeled firm and soft); the shower and toilet in separate room from the sink allowing two women to get ready for the day simultaneously. We didn't take advantage of the pool but checked it out and it was small but clean. Nice for a family that wants to relax after driving. The hotel was walking distance from a Bob Evans which is where we had a most acceptable dinner, but unnecessary for breakfast. The complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn was adequate and fresh if not terribly varied, but absolutely no complaints here. Was as good or better than others we experienced on this trip.

Room Tip: Nothing to add here.....this is definitely a stop off the highway, not a tourist hotel. I'm sure any room would work. The hotel is situated off the highway so no room is liable to be troubled by highway/traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thanks for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a lot to do and see in the laurel highlands. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again and enjoy some of our area. Thanks for traveling.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Probably second best for New Stanton hotels. This hotel has a better than average breakfast, which is kept stocked very well even in the busy hours. It also has a small indoor pool and small exercise room and computer in lobby for guests. The thing that I don't like is the internet. Slow as snail snot in the winter. It is wireless and the bars say you have a good connection, but slowwww.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay except for the internet. I will be looking into see why it shows you a strong signal then its slow. Thanks for sharing.