Comfort Inn
Courtyard
US$121
US$124
Hampton.com
All reviewsbob evanspool roomwafflesin great shapewe've stayedchoice hotelseating breakfastnice stayroad constructionclean roomsair conditionerwould stay againkeuriglobbystantonsinkmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We made this last minute reservation and the staff at the desk were super friendly and helpful. We requested a top floor, however, one was not available due to our last minute decision and there weren't any options for what room we got. The moment we opened our door,which was just past midnight after a long drive) we were overwhelmed by the musty/mildew smell. EVERYTHING was damp, from the carpet to our sheets. That was the most musty place I have ever smelled in my life, and it only seemed to be in our room. The rest of the hotel smelled fine. I also noticed, while our room was really clean, there was a bit of mildew at the ceiling of our shower. Due to the smell and dampness, I would never stay there again. Also, our room was on the first floor at the end of the hallway, right across from the ice machine and the stairwell. We were awakened by 5AM by the constant slamming of the stairwell door and constant use of the ice machine (who needs all that ice at 5AM??). My guess it there were a group of workers staying there and they were out and about early.

HOWEVER, I do have to say kudos to the staff. We let them know about our musty/damp room and were given a decent discount with no problem. The breakfast was wonderful with many options (even my 3 kids had plenty to choose from). There was an employee at the eating area at all times that kept all the food well stocked (which was awesome but at times it felt like we were constantly being monitored so it was a bit uncomfortable).

That being said, we loved the staff and breakfast, but it wasn't worth the smell and dampness. We felt sticky all night, and sleeping in damp sheets didn't help. The next day, all our belongings smelled of mildew. Still amazed at how damp the carpet was - almost as if there was a large water leak in the room. I would not stay at this place again unless I was guaranteed that the dampness/mustiness is gone.

Room Tip: At minimum, avoid rooms on bottom floor and stay far away from the stairwells!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lolly492
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

First I would like to apologize for the condition of the room. This was our first having a room like that. After your complaint we had the room down for a week so we could find the issue and get it fixed, so no one else would have to have the same issue. We have discovered it was an issue with the ac unit and we got it replaced and it taken care of. All other issues was handled also. I hope this does discourage you from staying again because our rooms are not like this. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I made a recent trip from Phildadelphia to Ohio with an overnight stay at the half-way point in New Stanton, PA. What a delightful stay we had. Being Choice Privileges members, when we checked in the pleasant woman behind the desk gave us a lovely gift bag with some "goodies." And our room - WOW! The simple No-Smoking King room we requested had an awesome whirlpool spa. Never have I slept in a more comfortable hotel room bed with both firm and soft pillows available. In the lobby there were bags of popcorn arranged neatly in a popcorn "machine" and, as always, fresh pots of coffee and hot water for tea. The breakfast was incredible with a great selection of choices. The staff attended to our every need and were professional and pleasant. And there were a variety of dining opportunities within walking distance. We rated our stay a perfect 10!

Room Tip: A great value in a convenient location - just minutes off the PA Turnpike.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice B
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I want to thank you for taking time to share your stay with others. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. My staff will make sure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable everytime. Your Business is Appreciated.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife & I have stayed here 3 times over last 3 years. Each experience has been better than the last. Rooms are clean, bedding is better than the norm, staff is VERY friendly and seem very eager to please the guests. Breakfast area is a tight fit at peak times, but clean and well run. There are even fresh cookies available all day long!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee S
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. This helps us improve our service to better serve our guest. I am so glad to hear that we improve every year you visit. We will look forward to serve you again. Thanks for traveling.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our family was on a road trip from MN to DC. We were just passing through. At over $100 a night, the most expensive hotel during our stay, I was rather disappointed as it was just ‘average’. We choose this hotel over others in the area because I thought it had a hot tub. After 1000 miles, we needed it, however, there wasn’t one. We used the pool but it was cold. Room was nice and clean, beds were comfortable, however, doubles. Who uses a double this day and age? Bathroom was small as it was hard to enter the tub with the toilet so close. Couldn’t take advantage of their breakfast as their hours were limited and shut down way too early. They have added fees they add to the room. I had to pay extra for a safe I never used. I wish they would have removed it or it should be part of the room rate, why nickel and dime people? In the morning, elevator smelled of smoke and the front desk clerk didn’t even acknowledge that I was checking out. Didn’t say a word, just took my keys. They shovel a bill under your door in the morning so they don’t have to have any personal communication. This should be a $65 a night hotel. If you just want a comfortable bed, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank msum_rose
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

First I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our Breakfast hours are M-F 6am-9am and S-S 6am-10am. we do this due to alot of workers that we have stay with us. Yes! Our hotel does have double beds. The express check out is because alot of guest like that they can just leave in the morning. We do like when guest stop at the desk at check out because it lets us know how we did.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was put up here for an extended stay while I was working in the area. the rooms are clean, sheets are nice. All in all, a very nice room in a hotel conveniently located to a good selection of fast food restaurants and gas stations.

However, there is much to be desired if you are staying for more than one night.

-There is no laundry aside from a very overpriced laundry service provided by a dry cleaner (I was told $40-50 for a tiny bag provided in-room)

-Internet here is incredibly slow, regardless of connection (Ethernet or WiFi)

-Location. Wow, the traffic patterns and roads in new Stanton completely STINK! Even the one, single entrance to the Comfort Inn parking lot has a drain in it that you can easily bottom out on while driving over (I am driving a Subaru Forester).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I am sorry that you was not happy with your extended stay with us. There is plenty to do and see in the Laurel Highlands. Sorry we do not have guest laundry but there is two laundry mats close to the hotel. The road area is going to be changed. The whole exit off of I-70 with get redone with in the next year along with our entrance. I am working with our internet crew to see what we need to do to fix the internet connection.