“Terrible service. Dirty hotel.”

New Stanton Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Baltimore, Maryland
“Terrible service. Dirty hotel.”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

One of my worst customer service industry experiences ever. The desk clerk was not professional at all. I'm a pretty open person, but cover up a bit more please. When I arrived, I requested to view a room-because I had not seen pictures. The look of disgust was immediately evident on her face. We traded my ID for a room key. Reluctantly, she obliged. The room smelled odd, and the common areas were not much better. Overall, I just had a bad feeling about it. When i went back to the desk, she initially refused to return my ID, telling me that I had made a reservation and that the room was mine. If i chose to leave, my "card" would be charged. Funny, I never actually gave them a card. After a yelling match, the desk clerk released my ID and I walked out the door. This hotel, gets 0 stars for service, 1 star for accommodations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The motel was clean and I got a good nights rest. It is old and needs to be updated. The price was right and I was tired. The area is busy with trucks but was quiet in the room. There are plenty of places to eat in the area as well as laundry mats etc. its just a short drive to westmoreland community college.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Seasidehandy

Travellers are raving about these New Stanton hotels

Beverly
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I booked on line through Howard Johnson site & was given description of room I had reserved it included refrigerator & microwave. The room I was given did not have this. Then when I returned to the room for the night, it was very cold & I discovered the heat was not working in the room. The refrigerator & microwave I could deal with but not heat. I was given another room but with protest. I ironically, this room had refrigerator & microwave. I said, "oh now I get the room I booked?" There was NO hot water either. I ended up leaving a day earlier because this place was a nightmare.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in New Stanton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg

Been to New Stanton Garden Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Stanton Garden Inn

Property: New Stanton Garden Inn
Address: 112 W Byers Ave, P.O. Box 90, New Stanton, PA 15672-9431 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn New Stanton)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > New Stanton
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — New Stanton Garden Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Stanton Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn New Stanton Hotel New Stanton