“This place is incredible!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Tripoli
Dockside Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 New Tripoli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the elk suite in late october. I expected it to be really nice, but when we arrived i was blown away at how beautiful the room was. The room was very home feeling, and everything in the suite was spotless. The cleanliness is a big factor in where I like to stay and the room overall surpassed my expectations. Also the comforter was the softest and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The room has a country theme and so staying there is like home away from home for us. I recommend staying here in the fall as the leaves and the area is breathtaking!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alyssa1023

Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Elk suite for our anniversary this past weekend and we are already planning our next visit. The suite was exactly as it looks in the pictures and has all of the comforts of home. There is a small kitchen with microwave, mini-fridge and sink along with dishes and silverware. The bathroom is fantastic with a Jacuzzi tub big enough for two and plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion and toilet paper. We definitely took advantage of the privacy for this particular suite and brought with us bocce and croquet and were able to set-up a nice course right off of the deck. There is also a fire pit on the deck with fire wood and paper in a nearby bin. We would suggest bringing a few duraflame logs to get the fire started. Every room was booked over the weekend and we never saw another guest and only saw the proprietors because we spent so much time out on the lawn. There is also a paddleboat for use by guests and benches scattered along the main lake which is a nice way to spend a lazy afternoon taking in the beautiful views. Truly a great place for some quality one on one time with your significant other.

The other three rooms appeared to be part of the main house and two faced the lake directly. The Elk suite sits partially behind the main house and is its own structure and looks more like a small cottage. You really hear nothing but the sounds of nature as the property is not on a main road. The Elk suite has lovely views of both lakes from the deck and living room and offers the most privacy of all the suites.

The proprietors, Bob and Donna, provide you with a “voucher” for breakfast at a local restaurant (which was very good) and it more than covers the bill (just remember to bring cash for a tip). I must mention that the bed was so comfortable that we almost chose staying under the covers until check-out on our last morning over food! This was a big plus for us as being on a schedule and having to eat breakfast when told and making small talk with other guests is not our cup of tea. Breakfast is served at the restaurant until 11:30am.

There are many things to do in the area (their website is a great resource) and we ended up spending a day at Blue Mountain Winery (lucky for us they were having a charity event with live music all day) which is literally walking distance to the property. Dinner options are a bit limited in the area and nothing is too close. Definitely bring a GPS!! We forgot our toiletry bag and had to find a CVS for some necessities (about 15 minutes away).

All in all, we would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting this area and hope you have as good a time as we did!

Thanks, Bob and Donna, for offering guests such a wonderful place to relax, unwind and reconnect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shillz21
Reviewed 26 April 2010

What a beautiful property !! I planned this trip for a weekend getaway (we stayed 2 nights) for my boyfriend and I. We stayed in the Elk Suite. I was worried from the pictures that it would be more sportsman like and not romantic enough for me.... but it was soooo romantic.
This is not your typical B&B. The owners are very hands off (but we liked that). You get a voucher for breakfast at a local family restaurant. Food and service were good (and breakfast is served til 1130). You have no access to the main house. You can come and go and never see anyone else or the owners. Dockside is located out in the middle of nowhere. I recommend bringing a GPS navigation system if you plan on traveling anywhere. We had one, and we were able to get around.
The property is beautiful and well maintained. The room was spotless and well stocked with towels and shampoo,conditioner and lotion, There was a mini fridge in our room with water and soda in it. There was also some small snacks there.
The owners left some local brochures in the room for things to do/see in the area. There is no usable fireplace in the Elk Suite, and no dvd player in the bedroom. The bed in this room was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The attention to detail in this room was amazing (look at the sink, the toilet, the eating area table & chair set, the bed, etc...)
The kitchen area had a microwave, small mini fridge, wine glasses, dishes, and silverware.
The 2 person corner jacuzzi was awesome, and we had no problem filing it and the water staying hot.
We are planning to go back in October.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneannm
Reviewed 1 February 2010

The three days we spent at Dockside were wonderful. We arrived early our first day and drove around to take took in the land and the scenic views. When we pulled into Dockside to check in, the view from our room and all the rooms was equally wonderful. The sunset casts beautiful colors on the ice on the water, we cannot wait to see it again in the warmer weather. We explored and used many of the pamphlets left in our room. Close by is the oldest drive in theater in the country and the oldest and the oldest continuously open bookstore in the world (Moravian Book Shop, Bethlehem, PA). After our busy days out, the room was truly a special haven to come home to. The bed was super comfortable and the decor was very relaxing. We also really enjoyed the place where breakfast was provided; it was a delicious country meal to start the day with. We will recommend this place to friends as the owners are very nice and friendly and the town was exactly what we were looking for."

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed there in September of 2007 in the Safari room for 2 nights. It was very easy to get to and is very quiet. The room was wonderful and the bathroom was like something out of a magazine. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It also came with a mini frig and a TV in the bathroom. We give the room 5 stars. We went to the Blue Mountain winery around the corner and had dinner at a local Italian restaurant. They were both very nice. Remember this is a small town and there is not much around. The local people were very nice. This is not your usual B and B. For one we never saw the inn keepers and the huge house is not open to the guests. Guests are only allowed in their luxury guest suites. You are free to walk around the property. The inn keepers don’t come by to freshen your room if you stay less than 3 nights unless you ask them too and they charge you an extra $25 to do so. So if you are staying more than 1 night I would recommend bringing an extra role of toilet paper. For breakfast there is a local charming restaurant that you can have breakfast in. They serve breakfast until 11:30 am which is perfect for any late sleepers. Their food was very good and you can get whatever you want. Bob will stop by and pay your tab. We did leave a tip for our server. I highly recommend this B and B. We are going back in August of 2009 and are staying in the Asian room.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2008

My husband turned 40 on Memorial Day Weekend, and instead of the usual poolside party, we decided to get away for the weekend without the children. I searched the internet looking for a quaint experience that offered privacy, romance and serenity. A hot tub/jacuzzi was the only stipulation. After researching several places on the web, the Dockside BandB became our only choice. From the moment we called until we left on Sunday, the place was perfect. The room we stayed in was adjacent to the house, and was a private cottage, equipped with a fireplace, Jacuzzi and King bed. It was decorated like a log cabin, and was correctly called the sportsman suite. It was immaculate. The grounds were breathtaking. The owners take pride in their beautiful home and made our weekend getaway very special. We enjoyed the outside fire pit and beautiful lights at night, and fishing and paddle boating during the day. The breakfast voucher was an added bonus as the options were endless. I can't wait to return in fall for the autumn foliage!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay one night for our anniversary and we didn’t want to travel too far (within an hour). I found dockside on the internet and we decided to try it. We were very satisfied. Nice people, very clean, nice view, very quite, and great fishing (I brought fishing equipment just in case – glad I did). The restaurants in the area were good and we went to a few small wineries. It is true that the breakfast is at a local restaurant and not at the dockside, but its close and you do not have to get up early.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dockside Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!