“Always treated like family! ”
Review of Vecchia Osteria

Vecchia Osteria
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Vecchia Osteria since they opened and it is one of my top places to go and to recommend. Chef Pasquale will always remember your face and will make you feel as if you are part of the family. When I walk in I feel as if I have entered a small authentic restaraunt in the middle of Italy. The food is fantastic, we are always pleased. There is no rush when you are here and Ana's homemade tiramisu is to die for!!! Just a hidden gem in Newtown and the perfect place for a casual night out or a special occasion. I have spent the last 5 birthdays here because I love it so much! The fusilli pasta dish is my favorite thing on the menu along with the arugula sardegna as a starter :) if you haven't been here you are missing out!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had my mom's birthday there. Risotto was very salty. Ordered octopus. Little pieces with a lot of arugula. If I knew, would not order it. Home made mozzarella was excellent. Bronzino and meet we're very good.
I told them in advance about birthday. The forgot to bring a cake with candle.
For $100 per person + tip was a little expensive for this experience

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Everybody like their meals, including our vegetarian. No easy task and great value. They were great about modifying dishes to please diners.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When you keep going back to a local restaurant with great food and service, its like putting on an old sweater that just makes you feel good. That's what Vecchia does for my wife and I. The staff is always warm and friendly. The food always fresh, inventive and delicious. We always try to get something new from the specials and are never disappointed. Atmosphere is inviting and it is a BYOB. Vecchia is a real local treat.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

After living in Italy I can truthful say this is the best Italian food I have had in American and possibly even Italy.

Pasquale and his family treat you as if you are a family member.
Everything I try a new dish it becomes my favorite.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who has the chance to eat in Newtown. It is perfect for couples, families, friends, business, and even if you want to dine solo. You will not leave this restaurant without feeling as if you had just had the best italian meal of your life.

If you are expecting a fast in and out dinner.. this is NOT the place of you. This restaurant offers a meal that is meant to be enjoyed at a slow pace around family and friends that you love.

What a wonderful experience. One of my absolute favorite restaurants.