“Solid overall, minor issues when looking closely”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtown
Santa Clarita
“Solid overall, minor issues when looking closely”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this particular property for a quick business meeting that only necessitated a one night stay so I will offer my observations based on just that.

I can't imagine there are many better options in Newtown as it is not exactly a business destination and the Homewood Suites offered plenty of amenities. I can definitely see the hotel being ideal for an extended stay as they offer a free grocery shopping service to stock the full kitchen (included in every suite).

I also took advantage of the free breakfast. It included a decent selection of hot and cold items. I'm a sucker for belgian waffles so the presence of a do-it-yourself waffle machine is always a bonus.

So between the friendly staff, suite-style accommodations and free breakfast the hotel earned some quality points.

Now for the drawbacks, and honestly, most people probably would not notice, but I am such a frequent traveler that I have a very particular routine, including a thorough inspection of the room.

Upon pulling back the sheets and mattress covers, there were some small hairs that did not belong to me and faint stains on both the mattress cover and mattress itself. This was not enough for me to request a room change, but enough to make me a little uncomfortable. The most obvious overlook by housekeeping staff was the bathroom curtain. Oddly this room did not have the curved shower rod, nor the inner liner and outer curtain, just a single curtain. This particular curtain had a large stain on it and without the curved rod no effective way to keep it away from me while showering.

So with some minor improvements to the housekeeping department, I could see giving five stars.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FightOn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rockville, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Traveled for business and found hotel to be very comfortable, clean and well furnished. Both the breakfast and managers evening reception were excellent. Time to re-think my choice of stays for the future. This Hilton was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank gbrownski
Ballston Spa, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great hotel. Clean, friendly, spacious. Perfect for our family of 4. We had the separate king bedroom with the kids on the pull out in the living room. Short distance from Sesame Place. This hotel was PERFECT for our vacation. The home-like accommodations were great. Full size fridge, microwave, stove. We could cook there or bring "home" leftovers. LOVED IT!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathleen N
HomewoodNewtownGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Kathleen N.,

On behalf of all of us here at the Homewood Suites Newtown, I wanted to take a brief opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a spacious, clean, and comfortable suite and warm, friendly service allowing them to feel right at home. I am delighted to hear your vacation was enjoyable and honored that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future! Again, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing to stay with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown
Woodside, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The suite is spacious and clean. Wonderful service from the staff and a great breakfast to start the day. This hotel is very close to Sesame Place. I also had a chance to do some shopping at Franklin Mills which was also minutes away. My 4 year old daughter loved the swimming pool and my 1 year old boy slept comfortably in a playpen provided to him by the Hotel. I would highly recommend Homewood suites and look forward to coming back the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodNewtownGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Rob M,

On behalf of the entire team, I wanted to take a brief opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience with us. At the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Newtown, we are honored to welcome families traveling both short and long term and are truly grateful that you chose to stay with us. I am glad you and your family had a restful night's sleep after spending what sounds like an exciting time at Sesame Place and Frankin Mills as well as having the opportunity to utilize the hotel's indoor pool. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the near future! Again, on behalf of the entire team, thanks for choosing to stay with us and share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel at some point in the near future. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Newtown
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

At a wedding the hall was beautiful,staff were professional. The outside was clean, and there was a pond,it was clean and a beautiful view. I took a walk down to the pond with the girl of my dreams,and held her tight over looking the pond. The perfect spot to take pictures for anyone. The best day of my life... So romantic,thank you Homewood suites.

• Stayed August 2013
salvatore44,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable and that you enjoyed the beautiful area surrounding the property. At the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Newtown, it is always our goal to make our guests feel right at home. It is an honor for us to be part of a special memory for you and your loved one. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back to our property at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Newtown
Hebron, CT, USA
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here as part of a wedding group and found everything just as one would wish. Clean room, well appointed. Nice bathroom and plenty of consumables. Full kitchen with full size fridge-freezer, and a dishwasher.

Nice breakfast in the Lodge - although no bacon or sausage with the hot breakfast on the Monday which is a bit mean given the room price.

Not a destination hotel though. Location is pretty poor though unless you are visiting the business-park it is located in the center of, although there is a water-park type set-up around the corner. And it is a bit of a trek to get dinner - and not much to choose from.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator and it is both slow and busy. If you are fit, a room by the staircase wou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
David-from-CT,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing the Homewood Suites Newtown for your most recent stay in our area. We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable.

I am sorry we did not have a breakfast meat available for you on Monday. As we have the privilege of welcoming both short and long term guests, we do try to balance offering variety each day with meeting our guests expectations.

We do have an additional elevator at the rear of the building. As our guest suites are quite larger than the typical hotel room, having an elevator both in the front of the property and the rear helps assists guest decrease the distance traveling from the elevator landings to their suite.

While the hotel does cater to the businesses immediately surrounding it, we are just a few miles from Newtown's downtown area offering some great local, and unique dining options.

David-from-CT, I simply cannot thank you enough for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay. I will be sharing your comments with our entire team as we do with all feedback received. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Homewood Suites Newtown
Oakdale, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

While staying at this hotel, we were able to visit many of the local attractions. Sesame Place is only 15 minutes away and Hershey Park about an hour and a half. The Philadelphia Zoo is 30 minutes according to the GPS but took more then an hour and 15 minutes due to traffic lights and traffic. The rooms were clean and well kept. The pool is very small but we were alone must visits so it wasn't a problem. We enjoyed the breakfast and even though we did not have the dinner they do offer complimentary wine and beer with the meal. The staff was pleasant and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewoodnewtown, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for the kind review of the Homewood Suites Newtown-Langhorne. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our proximity to the many family friendly venues in our region. We look forward to seeing you again in the near furture.

Brian Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
The Temperance House Inn
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA? Share your experiences!