“Great Local Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtown
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stay at the Homewood Suites in Newtown and am very pleased with the hotel, the staff, and the services offered. This is my go-to hotel every week. The front desk staff and the dining room staff are all very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are nice and I really enjoy having a living room and bedroom as well as the kitchen area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here during a business trip (1 night stay). I was thoroughly impressed with both the size of the room as well as the quality of the furnishings and finishes. The bed was very comfortable as well. I didn't use the kitchen, but it was nice to know that a full kitchen was at my disposal. Also, I really appreciated the complimentary dinner and breakfast. Lastly, every member of the staff that I interacted with was very nice and helpful. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nothing to complain about, the hotel was in great shape and very clean. We only spent one night here and the hotel served its purpose very nicely. I would stay here again without any hesitation next time I'm in town.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Jenna from Front Desk was very attentive to our needs and gave our kids two coloring books and crayons which helped a lot to keep them quiet just on time for us to pack our bags. Breakfast on Sunday was very busy, kitchen staff seemed to be overwhelmed, food was constantly ending. We came at 9:20 AM, no seats, no coffee, no fruits. We waited for the table and ended up without several more choices. Manager compensated our trouble with one free night. Thank you!!! Otherwise, the price would be too much considering the breakfast disaster. Even though, hotel is spotless clean, very good maintained, with pool, also spotless clean ( just wanted to ask: why without Jacuzzi?) and nice lobby area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a Wonderful experience, from check in to check out. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms very clean, and well appointed. The kitchen had everything we needed except a oven. The bed was soft, without being too soft. There are 2 flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom, one in the living room. There is a DVD player in the living room. Free hot breakfast every morning. Monday through Thursday they have free dinner. We had other plans for dinner but it was nice to know that there were options. Overall, a great place to stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms have kitchens so you can bring in groceries for late night snacks, or milk so you can...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my first time staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. I must say, I was very impressed with both the room and the staff. The kitchenette was clean and well appointed.I wish they had an oven, but otherwise everything else was there. The beds were soft, but not too soft. Very conducive to a good night sleep. Flat screen TVs and a DVD player made it feel just like home. The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Very knowledgeable, and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have rated this property terrible , but it would have been excellent had it not been for the Front Desk individual named Jen. What I am reflecting below has been reported to Hilton Corporate Honors Program because that is how upset this individual made my husband and I. My husband has a disability, and we were traveling with my grandson who has Downs Syndrome, so the insensitivity of this individual was beyond my wildest scope.

Upon my arrival, I was so called greated by Jen. We discussed my reservation which, per my conversation with Management the night before, had been adjusted. When I tried to explain this to her, she was very confrontational, and when I tried to explain that this was discussed with the Manager, she told me that he had no authority. I then asked to see a Manager, she finally went to the back and came out and said that what I had informed her was correct and then finally decided to check us in. She had a poor attitude and definitely not up to Hilton standards. We got a cart, loaded our luggage, parked and proceeded slowly to the elevator. We had to let 2 elevators go because they were full before we could get on, which was fine. Now we get to the door of our suite, and as we are opening the door and putting on the light switch, the telephone is ringing. My husband answered it and it was Jen. She said "how is your room". My husband said, we do not know, we just entered it and the telephone was ringing---you'll have to give us a few minutes. That was the end of that experience with Jen.

Our suite was lovely, clean, spacious and comfortable. The beds and pillows were great. We enjoyed the indoor pool and the complimentary breakfast was good. Fortunately, when we left for dinner on Saturday there was a wonderful person named James at the front desk, and he was also there on Sunday. He was so congenial and was of the level of what Hilton employs. Another outstanding employee was Jarred, who handled our reservations and upgrade.

Next problem. On Sunday, we were out from 10:00 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. When we returned to our Suite, it still had not been cleaned, refreshed, nor had the beds been made. I went out into the hallway and saw a chamber maid and asked her if she could please make up our room. Of course, she did not understand English and didn't know what I was saying. I then saw another staff member in the hallway, and he told me that he would have my suite made up next. I reflected to him that we had a dinner engagement and needed our suite to get dressed and towels to take our baths/showers. He told me that they were too busy to work on the rooms for the guests that were staying and were doing the rooms from the people who checked out? This I did not understand at all as every other hotels takes care of the guests that are staying rather than empty rooms. After half an hour, no one came. I then called James at the front desk, and he informed me that he would speak with a supervisor. After 20 minutes, finally someone came to clean our Suite and left us with 2 bath towels, no wash clothes, no hand towels, no dish towel for the kitchen. I then walked down the hall and asked for additional towels. I was informed that they had none and I'd have to wait for them after 7:00 PM to come from the laundry. I then asked if they could get some clean towels out of an empty room and give them to us so that we could take showers and get ready for dinner. After another 15 minutes, she arrived with the towels. Of course, we had to make a call and advise that we would be 1/2 an hour late for our dinner. I have never been in a Hilton property or any other property that this has ever happened to me that checking out guests get priority over staying guests???? When we finally left for dinner, James apologized to us. At this time, I asked James what time check out was. He informed me Noon, but if I needed additional time, to let him know. I told him that Noon should be good give or take 5 minutes. He told me, that it was NO PROBLEM.

On Monday, I was all ready to go down at 11:40 a.m. and get the luggage cart to load for our departure. Unfortunately, my grandson had a slight accident which necessitated my washing him again and re-dressing him. At one minute to Noon, I left my husband and grandson in the room and went down to get the cart. When I got back to the room, my husband was very upset. He told me that at 12:01, Jen called from the front desk to remind us that check out was at 12:00 noon. My husband told her that I should be passing her desk as we speak as I was on my way to get the cart. He told her we would be out shortly. She informed he that she needed to know this so she could tell housekeeping. Wow, housekeeping was waiting to clean our room at 12:01, but where were they the day before when the room was vacant for 6 hours??????

We loaded our luggage as quickly as possible and proceeded out of this hotel. Never in my life have I ever been thrown out of a Hilton or any Hotel in this manner. So much for being a Hilton Rewards customer or any customer for that matter. I expressed to Jen that I felt it was very nasty and insensitive at the way she so rudely handled our stay and that I was definitely going to report this to Hilton Corporate Honors. I feel certain that if this was your experience, you would have felt that way we did. We would never stay at this location again, not because of the other employees, management or facility, but due to one rude, insensitive horrible employee, JEN. Perhaps Hilton Corporate should determine if they need a better General Manager and some employee training on courtesies at this location.

We are world travelers both for business and leisure, and we have stayed at Hilton's worldwide, and never had an experience like this at a Hilton Hotel or any Hotel. Hope this never happens to you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank janie51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA? Share your experiences!