“Breakfast service was not up to par” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtown
“Breakfast service was not up to par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I must start this review by saying I am a Hilton Honors enrollee and I frequent Homewood Suites and absolutely love them. However, the breakfast service and wait staff was not acceptable in my standards. Breakfast was from 7:00 to 10:00 on Saturday and there was no coffee. I asked once at 7:30 and was rudely told it takes 10 minutes to brew. So I went back to my room and made a pot there. When we went back down at 8:30 for breakfast, the coffee urn was empty again. This time my daughter asked and was told the same story. I then went to the front desk and voiced a complaint. Meghan at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. She mentioned the food services manager was there and she would advise them of the problem. Well, it did not help because by the time we left at 9:30 the coffee was gone again. I totally understand that the the hotel was booked solid with a wedding, softball and lacrosse tournaments but..... Coffee is a necessity. I cannot believe they would allow the coffee urns to go empty. If they cared about the breakfast service they would have had someone keeping the pots full at all times.

Other than that, this hotel was in a great location. The rooms were very nice and the hotel was clean. But I am not sure that I will book again when I return to the Newtown area. I will probably pay a little extra and stay in Langhorne.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
mila02, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your recent stay here at the Homewood Suites-Newtown, Pa. We take your complaints very seriously. That particular weekend the hotel was extremely sold out and everyone on the breakfast staff tried to keep up with the 150 people we had to supply breakfast for on that weekend. No excuses and the hotel will do a better job next time on these types of weekends.

I hope that you give us another try as you can see by our past Trip Advisor comments we do a very good job and make sure our guests our the first priority when it comes to service!!

Thank you greatly for your feedback and hope to see you in the future when you visit the Newtown area!

Suzanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Concord, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our family was visiting Sesame Place and booked this hotel (10 minutes away). I can't say enough good things about our experience. Everything was nearly perfect: friendly, efficient staff; clean, comfortable room; excellent breakfast and dinner! When we go to Sesame Place again (and we are), we're staying here!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

mila02, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so happy that you made the choice to stay here at the Homewood Suites-Newtown for your Sesame Place visit. I know there are plenty of hotels to choose from and I am thankful you choose our Homewood.

Thank you so very much for the kind words: Everything was nearly perfect: friendly, efficient staff; clean, comfortable room; excellent breakfast and dinner! Our staff appreciates the feedback!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for a softball event for 6 days. Every employee we came across was friendly and helpful. If what we needed was not normally what they handle it didn't matter, they went out of their way to help us and did it immediately. Called last minute to make changes to our reservation and it was no problem. Although we paid slightly more than usual for the room it was worth it. During the week you get a free delicious breakfast and a dinner that is more than just an appetizer and drinks, it was a meal! Rooms were big and pretty clean. Used the work out room every day, because of the glass wall I was able to watch the kids swim while working out! Outside we used the BBQ grills to cook dinner on the weekend and the fire pit to make smores.

Room Tip: The only thing I found odd was the layout of the hotel. Seems elevators are in an odd place, One at...
Dear Guest,

I was delighted your team choose our Homewood Suites-Newtown for your softball Tournament!! It was very nice of you to share your thoughts about our staff, Breakfast, dinner, and our Suites!!

We hope your softball tournament finds it way back to the Newtown Area and you visit us again!!!

Longwood, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

There was significant mold in the bathroom, climbing up the walls outside of the shower. The whole room smelled. The treadmill kept slipping when I was running in the fitness room. There are newer Hilton properties in the area, which I would suggest staying at before you stayed here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty caulk in our rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards.

Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Homewood is a very fine chain, with medium-class furnishings/spaces and this one is in great shape. The staff here, is accessible, warm, charming and helpful. They were more pleased to helping me, than I was to have the help. Exception meals, too, among complimentary programs.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for choosing the Homewood Suites-Newtown. I was very happy to hear about the kinds words with regards to the staff and the breakfast!!!

We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the Newtown area!!

Greater Metro NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a funeral Memorial Day weekend. It was a last minute booking and we are very fortunate to have stumbled across this property. For the most part, the staff was very helpful and friendly. As Hilton Diamond members, we definitely felt a strong "business" vibe at this location - and I found that a positive. The one bedroom suite on the 5th floor was immaculate and tastefully appointed. It was very quiet on Friday day - and that's saying a lot as we were told the hotel was sold out for the night. The only reason I can't give an "excellent" review is due to the complimentary breakfast. We were told at check in breakfast on the weekends is 7 to 10:30am. On Sat morning, we came down around 945am and everything was pretty picked over - and nothing was being refreshed. As we were heading out to the funeral mass, we really just wanted yogurt and coffee so it was ok for us. However, on Sunday morning, we went down around 9:55am and were met by a young server who said rather abruptly - "you know, breakfast ends at 10am. There's still a few things out, but we that's it". My husband and I looked at each other, I turned to her and said "that's unfortunate as we specifically asked about the breakfast hours and were told it was until 10:30am". She then interrogated us on who checked us in. I told her we would provide feedback to the Diamond desk. She then changed her tune, and said there was still some coffee, etc. She apologized for the misinformation and then offered to get us "anything" we wanted. We were again fine with coffee, yogurt and bagels. I appreciate her change in tune but it took mentioning we were Diamond members. I suspect they have a better routine for the business travelers during the week, and got the impression they aren't well managed for a large weekend crowd. This minor issue won't keep us from staying here again, but we will be more diligent with the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor away from elevators for a quiet night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mila02, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing the Homewood Suites-Newtown for your visit to our area. Thank You for the lovely comments with regards to the staff and the cleanliness of your guest room.

However, I do apologize for the problems that you experienced at the Breakast both mornings during your stay. I am very sorry the staff told you breakfast was until 10:30am. I will certainly speak to the hostess and front desk of the knowledge of our breakfast hours. Our employees are trained to treat all guests the same way reagardless if they are Hilton honors guests or not. I will promise you a training will be done with all staff members regarding this matter.

Thank You for the feedback from your recent stay here at the Homewood!!!

Suzanne,

pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a place that really makes you feel as if you are staying at a home away from home. It is a really lovely, friendly, safe hotel. I will absolutely stay here again as I am often in this area for business. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

mila02, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Gear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Homewood Suites-Newtown for you your recent stay!!

I was so excited to see this on trip advisor because this is truly what the Homewood Suites Brand Stands for and we could not he happier.

Thank you and please come and visit us soon on your next trip to the Newtown area!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
The Temperance House Inn
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA? Share your experiences!