See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stayed at this historic hotel for a family affair. It was pleasant,clean and affordable. Full amenities, and walking distance to breakfast places. Convenient to Langhorne, and Yardley. All rooms are walk up, and I didn't see any elevators, so not a good place if you can't climb stairs. But if you are young and able bodied, a nice alternative to the chains. No problems with air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you for the nice review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My room was ok they need to take care of the plumbing issues in room 204 it was very difficult to take a shower when the shower head is up against the shower curtain but other than that the room was nice. As far as the dinner make sure you get clarification when substituting an item for your meal I was told it would be $2 more for my son's substitution later I realized I was charged full price for the entree and for the item that was substituted the tables on the porch are entirely to close together the food is very good the wait staff needs to be a little more attentive the guy at the outdoor bar was awesome

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank robbardsley
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

First, we were overnight guests and didn’t eat at the Brick Hotel, so perhaps Chef Gordon Ramsey’s overhaul of the kitchen and restaurant in 2015 has worked out.

We arrived to check in around 4:00pm yesterday and were directed away from parking near the building by the complimentary parking valets. Parking close to the main entrance is reserved for diners, not overnight guests (probably paying more) with suitcases. Mmmkaaaay.... My husband dropped me off so he wouldn’t have to drag my bag from 50 yards away. I checked in, very low tech, one key for both of us in an envelope. I grew up in Bucks County and this is an 18th Century inn so I expected to pull my arthritic legs up the stairs, but I also expected a young bellhop to assist with the bags. The three young receptionists informed me there was no such service as I looked to spy we had been put on the top floor. The proprietress arrived and called someone from the serving staff to take my bag up and cordially arranged with her parking staff to allow us to park closer to the front door. All’s well that ends well.

Nope. When my husband reconnected with me and we two 60+ year olds made it to the third floor, my bag was no where to be found. I started back down, and on a hunch searched the 2nd floor. There it was, down the hall, sitting by itself associated with no particular room on the wrong floor. (I’m glad the young man refused my tip earlier. Thanks for nuthin’, dude.) I humped it back upstairs to find the queen bed my husband reserved was, in fact, a full. There are none of the usual amenities like a coffee maker. The light switch didn’t work, one lamp didn't work, there was an extremely noisy window unit cooling the room so we didn’t bother to watch the TV, the wallpaper was twisted and badly done, the bed linens unsubstantial, the furnishings looked tawdry, but clean, so perhaps the bollocking Chef Ramsey gave them in 2015 had some effect.

We had to attend an event off the property and didn’t have the time or inclination to change rooms.

When we returned, we were too tired to sort out better accommodation so we thought we would “rough it.” I called the hotel number for the WiFi password (with my own phone, there was no hotel phone to call the front desk) and was informed by the proprietress I would have to bring my iPad and/or phone DOWNSTAIRS to get it set up! I was already in my PJs so I opted to suck up 4G minutes instead.

I digress. The full-sized bed and cheap pillows offered me the most uncomfortable sleep of my 62 years (including backpack camping and European hostel-hopping of my youth). Because I couldn’t sleep, I poked around online and found the video of the 3rd season, 6th episode of Hotel Hell featuring the Brick Hotel! Our room was one of those refreshed by Ramsey’s team in November of 2015!!! I could tell by the gray chevron wallpaper. Our room, 303 or the Pearce Room, certainly looked NOTHING like the luscious boutique hotel “after” rooms represented on the video! This morning, we escaped by 6:30. No one was downstairs.

They don’t tell you in their advertising, but you *will* have to haul your bags up flights of stairs to your room. If they are busy, you may be shunted off to a creepy room with only one full bed despite what you reserved.

The restaurant was busy, so perhaps Ramsey’s lessons sunk in there.

We wish them well, but we won’t be staying there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Karen D
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry about your experience. You booked the room through EXPEDIA where it specifies that it is a full size bed and not a queen. But sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

No Gordon Ramsay did not provide us with any linens. Hope guests understand that it was a show that was exaggerated for show ratings according to Gordon Ramsay scripts. We do regularly buy new linens. We are filled to capacity every weekend and the linens would not survive if we did not change them every few months. We have taken note of the pillows and will buy new ones.

Yes, our building is old and with the brick walls it is tough to get the internet connection everywhere. We are trying to get the wifi to the third floor.

Gordon Ramsay was here 3 years ago with his own agenda of ratings and show biz. For the record, we did not even invite him here.

We are a 255 year old building and so we do not have an elevator. Sorry about the mix up of the rooms. The boy understood second floor.

Gordon Ramsay did not do anything for the restaurant. His whole show was a hoax and not the truth.

Now 3 years later, we have new operators in the restaurant that are really skilled restaurateurs who have invested a lot of time and money and are doing an "outstanding" job.

The hotel is being renovated with all rooms being scheduled to be renovated this year.

We have taken your feedback into consideration and will accordingly make changes.

Thank you for the feedback and hopefully you can stay with us on the first floor and go up only one flight of stairs.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. Bates motel like. Smells like a boys locker room or sweaty gym bag. Go home
Stay elsewhere. We only came here because Hampton inn wasn’t available and we needed to sleep somewhere close to a dinner party. Will never return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
23  Thank Chefcpb
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been open and closed numerous times. This time I think it's here for a long time to stay. Food was excellent!!!!!! Service was perfect. It can get noisy in there. I suggest early or late for a more comfortable setting.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Walter M

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate it.