“Nice Atmosphere”

La Stalla
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family Style Italian Kitchen..Located in a renovated historic barn, creating a rustic ambiance that is both warm in the winter, and cool in the summer...Perfect for families, date nights, business dinners, or special occasions...Off premise catering also available
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been here several times with my husband, family and friends. A very nice atmosphere no matter what time of year and the outdoor area is nice as well. I enjoy all of the entrees I've had and I like how everything is a good portion size. Family style portion sizes are also an option which is great when wanting to share a few things with the rest of your party. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights can be fun outdoors with a DJ. Just wish they had BYOB options certain days a week.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff and service at La Stalla are top-notch. They were extremely attentive to our large party (of about 10) and the even offered to get us "extra food" since we loved their gorgonzola gnocci so much!! It's totally the best "Family style" italian you can get in the reason and I would absolutely recommend to friends.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Newtown has many restaurants, and many of them are average, so it was nice to finally try this place. While the reviews are mixed, we had a lovely meal, which was tasty and the service was great. Portions are huge. The salad appetizers, definitely enough for two, were a great start. We tried the fresh arugula salad, which had grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, shaved fennel, chopped roasted red peppers -- very unusual, and a real standout! I loved this salad. The main courses boasted plenty of options for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. I opted for the Penne Arrabiata a somewhat spicy pasta with garlic, hot peppers, fresh tomato and basil. I would have liked a bit spicier, but added some red peppers and was fine with the result. Service was very attentive despite the crowds and large party.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Talk about overpriced. This restaurant in the middle of nowhere charges Manhattan prices for shoeleather chicken - obviously cooked at 10 am and reheated for dinner. What a disappointment. My wife and kid's pasta were both tasty but this place has a lot of nerve serving up recooked food at $23 a plate. I'll never return and neither should you.

2  Thank Rocky P
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Be prepared to take home some or half of your meal. Portions are more than generous. Very good decor, service and prices.

1  Thank Thomas R