“Great group dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccolo Trattoria

Piccolo Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 84 Restaurants in Newtown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Septa
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great group dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We had a company dinner with 18 people. Piccolo was very accomodating for our group.
Service was very good.
The food was very tasty. I had the veal saltimbucca. This was excellent.
They had entertainment tonight. The guitar singer made the night very enjoyable. He took our requests.
Plenty of parking.

Ivyland
“KEEP FORGETTING TO RETURN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There are not a lot of great restaurants in the Newtown area. Many are family owned with slight variations in sauces. Piccolo Trattoria has 3 locations. This location surpasses the quality of the Langhorne restaurant. It is a BYOB. My wife and I have never had a bad meal at this location and have been here many times. Restaurant is attached to a pizza parlor. Soups are home made. Large italian menu to choose from with daily specials. Bread is fresh and warm. Seafood and poultry are fresh, though calamari a little bit tough and chewy. Vegetable option is available in place of pasta. Portion size has decreased. Used to have larger doggie bags. Service was good. Noise level LOUD. Would suggest calling ahead for a table.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Robert S
PA/NJ
“Good for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch. The place was empty, but it was an off time. Our waiter, Jordon, was very friendly. He took our order. Everything came out hot...soup, and lasagna. I also got their salad with arugula and crab meat. All fresh and tasty. I'd go back for lunch or dinner.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York, NY
“MANAGEMENT needs HELP”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO STEP IT UP. Ordered take-out. When i arrived, there was no one at the take-out counter. I called out and one of the pizza makers said someone will be there shortly. It took awhile, but finally when the take-out guy came out, another customer behind me pushed ahead and complained that he did not order this entree - he was handing back a take-out styrofoam. The take-out guy shrugged and said "ok" and took it back. Well, turns out that THAT was one of my entrees. No apologies, he just included it with the rest of my order. I asked him to read back the order to me - to avoid any mistakes. The order was correct and I paid for it. 15 minutes later - the time it took me to get home - the second entree was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered Founder Francese, and instead got some stuffed shrimp! My husband is allergic to shellfish!
It was too late to have to turn around, return it and go back home. We threw it out. We will not be returning. Very poor management, and food was just so-so.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
trenton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Italian food with Service to match”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Amazing food, with a very friendly and knowledgable staff. Owner stop by the table to check on the food and service which i feel is very important when dining. I highly recommend dining at Piccolo.

• Visited August 2013