“Five Star Hotel at Three Star Prices!!!!”

HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norristown
washington, dc
“Five Star Hotel at Three Star Prices!!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay at The Hyatt House at Plymouth Meeting /Morristown. We had a 2 bedroom suite that had 2 bedrooms with full sized bathrooms and king beds, a living room and a kitchenette.

The hotel was modern, clean and well maintained. The members of the staff (there were many) were friendly and courteous.

We had the complimentary breakfast (I had a wonderful omlette) and it was great. There was a good variety.

I highly recommend this hotel. THANK YOU HYATT HOUSE PLYMOUTH MEETING.

• Stayed June 2014
Nicholas D, Manager at HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to hear that our spacious suites made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We are also glad you were able to come down and have a freshly prepared omlette by one of our wonderful team members! Our complimentary breakfast is a great way to start the day. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime your travels bring you to our area.

All the best,

Nicholas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at this property 4 yrs ago when it was owned by another company. It was clean and well managed. On my recent return trip, I found the property in the beginnings of decline. The stairwell had a musty and moldy smell. The first room I was assigned smelled like cigarettes and mold. The internet is not secure, though it seemed like there was a password. When I checked in for my return flight home it seems that my credit card was stolen when I paid for my checked bag. Room 209 is a room to avoid- apparently it is directly over the boiler room and there is a frequent, very loud noise emitted when it vents. If you are a business traveler, be aware that this hotel caters to families and school trips as much as the business traveler. There was at least one bus load of 6 th graders there and a prom part. The housekeeping was unpredictable and they tended to be stingy the room necessities.

Room Tip: Don't choose 208 or 337. 208 is noisy and 337 has an Oder problem
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K B
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. We apologize that your stay was anything short of satisfying. We are very concerned about some of the points you made, and would like to address any and all concerns you may have. Please contact the hotel at 610-313-9990 and ask for a member of our Management Team so we can make this right. Again we thank you very much for your feedback, and apologize for any inconveniences.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spacious, clean, comfortable. Walls were a bit thin and shower head was not working well; but it was okay. Was there for an event nearby but the vicinity has little going on other than standard suburban strip malls and such. Breakfast buffet was decent with omelet station but Hyatt Place in Virginia I have stayed at before was better; no Starbucks coffee here and the coffee they did have was weak and not so good - and yes, it does matter! :) Outdoor pool looked inviting but closed until memorial day. Would definitely stay here again if I need to be in the area.

Room Tip: King one bedroom suite. Nice and roomy!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zamalama
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I like the location, and the spaciousness of the rooms. Has a nice area outside with a pool and lounge area that is nice to enjoy after a long day. It is definitely a hotel, that if given the choice when in Norristown, I would stay at again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Greetings,

Thank you very much for your review, and we look forward to being your home away from home when in our area. We are glad that our large suites and swimming pool made your stay enjoyable. We like to boast that we have the largest accomodations in the area, and a great group of people to take care of our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occassions.

All the best,

Delanson, New York, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was a little annoyed when I arrived at check-in time and my suite wasn't ready yet. But all was forgiven. First off, the manager provided us with some complimentary drinks/snacks while waiting. But then the two bedroom, living room/kitchen combo room in the suite was perfect. Very clean and well equipped and certainly more than I expected for the price. I would definitely stay here again and have no problem recommending this facility to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wyoming, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel for a conference. I made my reservations online and found a king suite available for $26 less than the conference rate. The room was a small apartment! It included a very comfortable sitting area, separate bedroom with bath, desk, and a kitchen with a 2 burner glass top stove, microwave, coffeemaker, dishwasher, large apartment-sized fridge and freezer, real dishes and flatware, pots and pans, a large water pitcher, dishwashing liquid and automatic dishwasher detergent. They advertise a "guest mart" incase you forgot something, and I worried that they would expect me to buy the coffee there to use in the coffeemaker (it was not mentioned anywhere online as being free in the room), but I was happy to find a basket awaiting me filled with coffee, Twinings tea, and all the accoutrements. Large screen HD TVs in both the bedroom and sitting room area. I was so comfortable I almost did not want to leave! The staff was friendly and so helpful. Michael at the desk was great whenever I encountered him! The "house person", Joy, was very friendly and helpful when I got disoriented in my search for the elevator, and later when she came to my room to assist when I could not get a lamp to turn on and an hour later still could not figure out the crazy way the kitchen faucet worked. She arrived in minutes each time and didn't treat me like I was an idiot for not being able to figure it out myself. The rest of the staff I came in contact with were friendly and efficient as well. The breakfast had a great selection each day. I had saved the made-to-order omelet option for Sunday morning, but then could not get near him for the line. The "evening social" they offer Monday through Thursday had only 1/2 hour left when I arrived Thursday evening, and it was a nice option. Unfortunately, the staff does not wait until the end to break it down, and did not keep things filled, so I encountered many empty dishes that had once held hummus, etc., but a chicken meat that was there in plenty was good. I added it to a salad, not knowing what it was. I wished they had signs telling guests what things were, but they did not. It was only later that I discovered in my room a schedule that told me it was Thai lettuce wraps that had been there. It was an excellent stay and I will be thrilled to stay there again when I next have a chance.

Room Tip: King suites are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at a Residence Inn but decided to try this hotel because it was less expensive. I was very, very pleased! It was quiet, very clean, had a well equipped gym, delicious breakfast, and extremely comfortable and well appointed room. I could go on and on! I would definitely look for a Hyatt House again when traveling.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norristown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!