I just finished a 67 night stay at the Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting and overall had a good experience. I would rate the hotel a high three and round to four.
The hotel is formerly a Summerfield Suites that is starting to show some age. I actually toured both this Hyatt House and the Hyatt House in King of Prussia and the KOP location is nicer and newer, but also more expensive. There is nothing wrong with the hotel, but you can tell it is showing some age.
-The rooms are large with a full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave and small sink. Plenty of living room space with a small eat in desk/table and a pull out couch. Plenty of storage space with a dresser, night stands, full size closet and a very large bathroom vanity. Standard size tub/shower.
-HVAC system is a full size apartment style unit, not a through wall unit. This provides for quiet operation with quick heating and or cooling. The caveat is that the thermostat they are using is motion activated to conserve energy with can mean warm nights when the tstat does not detect movement in the living room and defaults to a higher than set set point.
-rooms are quiet. Over my 67 night stay I never experienced an issue with noise either from adjacent rooms or from the pool area.
-price. The hotel worked with me and my per diem rate that I was given by my employer to allow me to stay at a rate below their standard long term rate. They also seem to be cheaper than other similar fully equipped suites in the area on a standard room rate.
-location. The hotel is close to highways, shopping malls and restaurants. Some within walking distance, others 2-3 mile drive.
-off putting smell from the 4th floor. I can only describe it as mildew masked with mint air freshener. I am not sure if they have a moisture issue with the 4th floor or what but the entire 4th floor smells like this. And my room smelled even worse. I got used to it, but upon coming home after 2 months I had to was everything thoroughly and Fabreeze all my luggage. With this being said I would request a room that is not on the 4th fl.
- I was never blown away by the staff. I have only stayed at a few Hyatt properties over the years, although I travel frequently for work staying mostly at Marriott. There were only a handful of front desk clerks who seemed welcoming. The breakfast crew was always nice and friendly and the cleaning staff/maintenance were also pleasant. The woman running the evening social hour seemed almost unhappy to be there though. Overall I never got the warm and fuzzy from the hotel. The hey we appreciate your patronage. I'd say it was more indifference than anything else. Not a huge deal, but being a hotel and part of the hospitality sector I expected just a bit more from the staff. I happened to stay at the Hyatt Place in Portland, Maine while in the area and they knocked it out of the park. They are also a brand new property and as such probably have a greater focus on such things.
-gym is fairly well equipped. Better than many although I've been to nicer. The issue I had was that it never seemed like it was really maintained from a restocking standpoint (water glasses, picking up after guests) and this is the first hotel I've been in where there weren't Lysol type wipes to sanitize equipment.
Overall this is a property I'd recommend. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. If not newly updated. Price seems fair for the type of room with the only big caveat being the really odd smell on the 4th floor. Staff won't knock your socks off but they aren't rude either. If you can get a room on another floor it's a hotel worth staying at.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Plymouth Meeting Hotel Norristown
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Norristown
- Summerfield Suites Norristown
- Hyatt Plymouth Meeting
- Hyatt Norristown
- Norristown Summerfield Suites
- Norristown Hyatt