Before I moved away, I worked in Norristown and drove past this hotel all the time. It's set back a bit from the street, so I never really paid much attention to it. I booked three nights here through Hotwire and was amazed at how nice a property it was. I even notified my counterparts at the office I transferred out of to add this location to the list of local hotels where we put up our visitors.
I had a king-sized suite, consisting of separate bedroom, large bathroom with the most amazing closet I've ever seen it a hotel (it had built in shelves running vertically down one side), and a well-appointed kitchen that included a full-sized fridge, toaster and convection microwave. The efficient check-in clerk also informed me that a full, hot breakfast buffet, along with an omelette station, was also available seven days a week. I didn't partake in that, but did grab an apple and a cup of tea one morning.
My room was clean, with a flat- screen TV in each room. The one feature that really stood out was the charging station on the bedside table, which included not only regular a/c outlets, but also both standard and tablet USB ports. That was really appreciated when I needed to charge my portable battery pack.
Despite the fact that the parking lot was full and the hotel was hosting a wedding party, it was very, very quiet. The bed was amazing.
My only suggestion would be some sort of table in the living area by the couch. There was no place to set my water bottle.
My only complaint was that housekeeping was very spotty. Not one day was my sink wiped down. And on one day, when I'd been gone seven hours, I returned to find that housekeeping still had not serviced the room. I did get a call shortly thereafter asking if I still wanted service and offering an apology. Fortunately, I had to go back out, so I had her come in, but if I'd been in for the night I would not have wanted to be bothered that late in the day.
Otherwise, I plan for this to be my go-to spot when I need to return to that area. I was very pleasantly surprised, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Plymouth Meeting Hotel Norristown
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Norristown
- Summerfield Suites Norristown
- Hyatt Plymouth Meeting
- Hyatt Norristown
- Norristown Summerfield Suites
- Norristown Hyatt