“one place to make sure to stop”

Freeport Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in North East
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

locals told me about the Freeport and those are the people to listen to. First went there two years ago and they make their own sausage, it is sold for breakfast , lunch and dinner. There are three varieties, my favorite is the hot sausage which is not red in color as most hot sausage that I buy in the store. This sausage is supreme, fresh casing and the flavor is unbelivable. You can buy it by the pound to go uncooked, it is best to call ahead to make sure they have it ready as it seems to be made daily. As with most hot sausage people add tomato sauce and onions and peppers and usually chees. this sausage needs no sauce or cheese. I do love it with sauteed and carmelized onions and peppers. It is all flavor stands on its own with each mouth watering bite. if u dine at the restauraunt they offer it as a meal in which u can get the country sausage, a sweet sausage and then the hot sausage, this is the way to try all three, they each have their own flavor and uniqueness. It always seems busy and the other local guest are always quick to tell u their favorites, which I am sure they all are. Also they have wonderful desserts, my favorite is the bread pudding, I am old school and this is amazing. the slice is huge and so thick and the raisins both black and golden add to the total enjoyment. Can't drive by with out stopping on my way to syracuse to visit my daughter from pittsburgh. This is one stop u should be sure to make. Then u will be hooked and need to travel to North East Pa at least once a year if not more. How can u go wrong when u are so close to all the wineries also

2  Thank thebex

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Short drive through pretty vineyards from I-90. My family of 4 ate lunch with desserts for less than $50. Cleaned our plates, great food.

1  Thank flcatfam
Reviewed 2 August 2014

When we arrived in North East the person checking in mentioned this place had Sweet Potato pancakes for breakfast and good food over all. We decided to try breakfast and and I am glad we did. The 2 sweet potato pancakes were gigantic and delicious. The cinnamon butter they gave with them made them perfect. I had a sampler place which features their house smoked bacon, country sausage and ham which was some of the best I have tasted. My only regret was not having a cooler to buy some sausage to go (which they sell at good prices). The dinner menu looked good as well and all the prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely stop by if we are in that region again.

1  Thank hooligan17
Reviewed 31 July 2014

our inn keeper told us about the Freeport, good home town food, nice people and the biggest hot cakes on the planet lol

1  Thank Kimberlee M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We heard of this restaurant from our host at Grape Arbor B&B. We had good food for a reasonable price and fast friendly service. Nothing fancy, but well worth the stop.

1  Thank 981Beth123