“A Pleasure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North East
Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North East
New Lyme, Ohio, United States
“A Pleasure”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This was our second time at Contented Acres. Ted and Norma treat us like family. The breakfasts were perfect, just what we needed before a day of bike riding. We especially loved Norma's jam (a mix of raspberry, blueberry and strawberry). The rooms were quite comfortable, and the front common room gave us plenty of space to relax. You couldn't ask for a better place or more gracious hosts. We will be back!

Room Tip: Either room is a fine choice, although if traveling with children, the upstairs suite is larger.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2012

While I agree with all the lovely comments about the hosts, the breakfast and the property (which I didn't investigate too thoroughly, as it was a rainy day when I was there), I was interested to see that no other reviewer mentioned either the trains or the cats. One of my sons (I was solo for the trip) is very allergic and I wouldn't have thought to ask, but it is good to know that they have 2 - who are quite circumspect and certainly no bother at all, but there.
I had the downstairs bedroom and was woken up over and over by the trains. Apparently, the train track is about a mile away and the trains blow horns all night long, in their many crossings.The horns were blown at 3 junctures in the passage of each train - one series a bit softer (I was counting for a while - about 4 toots each series, each blast lasting about 5 seconds), then the loud series, then another, down the tracks a bit, and softer.
The next day, I saw that there is a local railroad museum/historical site, which boasts that it is well located as there are 60 trains a day that pass. That is a lot of trains to have going by!
While it seemed discourteous to complain of it to the hosts (they can't move, after all!) who were otherwise so gracious, it was not at all what I had in mind for a visit in the country (I also live in the country - we have noisy birds some mornings, but not much else for noise - so, I expect I am spoiled). Yet, I was surprised that no one else mentioned it. Perhaps it is less noticeable if air conditioning is on - or if one is a tad hard of hearing?
Otherwise, a great bed and generous hosts - Norma gave me a bouquet of flowers to take with me to my next stop, as well as some muffins - so, I am sad to mention the trains, but think it would be helpful to others planning a stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank enghien
Springfield
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I were blessed to find Contented Acres B & B. A charming home in the country with vineyards, a fishing pond, beautiful flowers, and a very comfortable country bedroom on the first floor with a private bath. Breakfast was wonderful and Norma and Ted made us feel right at home. We will definitely stay there again. We look forward to it.

1 Thank Sherry P
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay with Ted and Norma. The suite upstairs is so private! Ted and Norma are amazing hosts. The breakfasts were delicious. We loved sampling the local peach wine. We hope to visit again soon!

Carrollton, Ga
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I and our 6-yr. old stayed in the first floor bedroom. It was homey, cozy and a nice break from hotels on our long trip. This place is in a charming little town and Ted and Norma and great people. Highly recommend Contented Acres

NYC
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband an I spent two nights at Contented Acres. Norma and Ted are welcoming, delightful hosts. Our room on the first floor was a cozy, country bedroom, with a private bath. Norma goes all out preparing a great breakfast of waffles or French toast, eggs, biscuits, muffins, fresh fruit, juices, and homemade jam. After that breakfast it was imperative that we walked along the vineyard to the slate bottomed stream. Pretty property, lovely hosts.

Room Tip: We liked our first floor room and assume the second floor room is very nice.
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our second year to visit the Esterline's at Contented Acres B & B. The entire experience was A+. Our hosts were welcoming, the accomodations terrific, the location perfect and the breakfast delicious! Highly recommend this for anyone visiting or traveling through the area. There are many attractions and activities available and this B & B offers an affordable and comfortable place to relax and enjoy it all.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North East
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#6 of 38 in Erie
Holiday Inn Express Findley Lake

Been to Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!