“Most disgusting place that anyone will ever stay”

Red Carpet Inn North East
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in North East
Reviewed 6 May 2009

The room smelled like mold/mildew. There was blood on the ceiling, walls and chair. The matteresses were filled with blood and pee stains. The sheets were dirting and had hair, regular and pubic. The comforter has pee stains as well as the pillows were stained. The shower had mold between the tiles. Half the outlet were broke. The carpets were dirty and sticky. There was dirt on the walls, light switches and outlets. There was only a couple TV stations. The only thing that was good was the air conditioner. I have never been so grossed out by staying in a cheaper hotel for work.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 January 2009

I was never so disgusted, ending up staying anyway because of the weather, but had the creepiest feeling all night. They have never learned that a vacuum can clean the dust along the walls, nor that if you get down on your knees, you can wash the floor along the walls and wash the lower walls at the sme time. Had a disgusting odor also. The chairs were clean where you sit, but the rest was covered with dust. Needs a change of management & housecleaners for sure.

The breakfast wan't worth calling a breakfast and I couldn't eat it anyway after seeing the room. Definitely will never return to another Red Carpet anywhere. Too afraid to get caught again. I say it wasn't worth 20$ never mind the 54.95$ we paid.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2008

This was the most disgusting place I have ever been. We had to keep our shoes on because the carpet was filthy. My daughter refused to pull the covers over her, so she slept with her coat on top of her. The room smelled moldy. I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and found a large centipede in the sink.
Run away, just run far away…

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Connie64
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Very Dirty, I Can accept old building and needed repairs but Dirty is not acceptable, even if rooms were free, We paid $65.00 per night for 1 night, got in late so finding other hotel was not an option, Traveling on Motorcycle so could not sleep in car,
Lifted pillow to find big black bug hideing under it,
Cobwebs on lamps in room.
Place needs to be demolished, unsuitable for human use.
I would gladly accept refunded money I paid for the room if it is offered,
Will not stay here or recommend it to anyone as long as it remains in this condition.
Operators need to be schooled on cleanliness and health issues connected to un clean hotels rooms.
If this hotel is indicative of all Red Carpet units I would recommend avoiding all of them.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rainman12
Reviewed 1 January 2008

The shower was disgustingly dirty. I had a hard time getting the room door to lock. Telephone was old and did not work well. No high speed internet.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 March 2007

This motel is old, but still very clean and has a friendly service. The staff is very accomodating. I loved the coffee and donuts in the morning which are unlimited. You have access to your room from the inside of the motel as well as the outsidel. Very quaint in a small town.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank liver18
Reviewed 3 December 2006

Had I seen this site I would NOT have stayed here, I saw a review on another site that said this place was OK. WRONG! This was the worst place I have ever stayed. I wanted to get my $ back and leave. It smelled, filthy washcloths and towels, lumpy toilet seat, sink was cracked. Carpet was disgusting, we wouldn't walk on it in our barefeet. We borrowed sheets and blankets from the person whom we were visiting, that's the only way I would stay. Don't believe the pictures, the fireplace is bricked up and the rooms are sickening. DON"T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
#6 of 38 in Erie
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Harborcreek

Been to Red Carpet Inn North East? Share your experiences!