“Took us by Surprise!”

Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 North East B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We booked the Cabernet suite for a mini honeymoon as we don't go on our actual honeymoon for another month. We wanted to get away and relax and were able to do just that. The room was spacious, the jacuzzi tub fit both of us easily, and the bed was very comfortable. The Inn Keeper was very helpful when we asked her opinion on local wineries to visit. We visited about 6 wineries and traveled a total distance of about 20 miles at the most, nice area with very friendly people and a nice, quiet atmosphere.

The breakfast we had on Monday morning was probably the best we ever had. Everything is homemade, We had a Rhubarb coffee cake, fresh fruit, and a breakfast casserole along with juice and fresh coffee. The Inn Keeper is a great baker, the chocolate chip cookies were fantastic. There were movies and board games for guests to use which was nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Was looking for a getaway for a fall weekend to see a little foliage, taste a little wine and relax. Grape Arbor Inn provided the perfect place as a base of operation for this part of PA and NY.

The Inn is a quaint old house, beautifully appointed. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathrooms great. The highlight as many have said before it the breakfast. It is a feast from fresh baked confections to wonderful egg dishes and Peg can't do enough for you.....

Yes, there is the train (they come in the morning mostly).... didn't seem to bother me and I slept with the window open... and I heard none of the trucks. ( Neither one of these can the inn keeper do anything about.) North East is a sleepy town so if you are looking for excitement it is not here... but if you are looking to get away from that for a few days... this is the perfect place.

It was a great visit and I would go back to the Grape Arbor Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2010

After seeing pictures and reading reviews for the Grape Arbor B&B, I was super excited there was an available weekend. The guest houses are very nice and welcoming, especially with the fall decor. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite, which is very spacious. One problem was the musty, stale smell in the sitting room, which made it hard for me to sit in the room without having breathing problems. I completely agree with the earlier review that the main problem was the train that ran ALL through the night, along with the semi-trucks and other traffic running right by the B&B. I got very little sleep either night we stayed due to this awful noise. But the homemade breakfast in the morning made up for it. The food was amazing and very filling to get the day started. The wait-staff was also very friendly, adding to the great breakfast experience. Overall, the stay did not completely meet my expectations and I will stay elsewhere if visiting the area again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megan_ns
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grape Arbor in early July of 2010. We wanted to get away for our five year anniversary. We stayed in the Cabernet Suite and loved it. The room was very nice and the bathroom excellent. We went to the Cherry Festival across the street, to the beach at Presque Isle,and visited Wineries. We had a very nice time and are very glad we stayed at the Grape Arbor. However, hands down, our favorite thing about our stay at this bed and breakfast was the BREAKFASTS. Wow, they were amazing! Everything was homemade and delicious. I cannot wait to return just to having such amazing food and such nice service:)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Instead of a staying at a generic hotel chain, my wife and I decided to stay at the Grape Arbor B&B. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite, which was very nicely decorated and large. We found the freshly made cookies to be a nice touch and the breakfast was very good. Although I typically don't write reviews, I did want to assure everyone that you cannot hear a train unless you have bionic hearing. I once faintly heard a train in the distance while in the bathroom, but the last time I checked, most people don't sleep in the bathroom. If you're deciding between a generic hotel like a Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, etc., stay at the Grape Arbor. It's a better price, better room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Visiting Erie, the vast PA and NY wine country, or even a short trip to spectacular Niagara Falls, you must stay at the Grape Arbor in North East, PA. This is simply the best in every category for a romantic vacation.
Dave and his wife, Peg, treat you to a facility that includes two classic buildings with a fabulous history. Each of our three stays have included a fantastic room, with the last one the very best; fireplace, three rooms, jacuzzi, classic pieces of useful furniture. There was an overall sense of romance in the room.
A four-course breakfast awaits you each morning. These breakfasts are unbelievable and memorable: everything is homemade and a feast that will cause you to stop and savor each piece. These are not your usual breakfasts; you will taste and love exceptional foods. Peg is a master of creating a breakfast that you will not forget.
The Grape Arbor is the number one B&B in my book.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grape Arbor for the weekend and loved it. We were in the main house in the Isabella Room. The property is lovely with several common rooms for our use. There are so many little things that are here to make your stay special - several choices of coffee and tea, a little fridge with pop, juice and bottled water, movies, board games, books, puzzles, not to mention the famous jar of chocolate chip cookies. The innkeepers are very attentive without hovering. We had a great breakfast both mornings with choices of cheese souffle and buttermilk pancakes on the first day and between roasted vegetable frittata and blueberry stuffed french toast the second morning. Along with this was a fruit course, homemade bread, muffins and rolls. We would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!