“First time B&Ber”

Ranked #1 of 3 North East B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“First time B&Ber”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from my first B&B experience, I'm probably spoiled from visiting others in the future. This was such a cool experience for our anniversary weekend. I honestly believe the presence of snow was the cherry on top of a great weekend. Let me address some things I saw in others' posts.

Yes, there are trains... No, they are not loud. You hear the occasional train horn but it is not something that would even wake the lightest sleeper (I know this because I traveled with one!). The host, Pam, was very hospitable and asked on numerous occasions how were enjoying our stay. Now some things I agree with from other posts... The breakfasts are second to none. I mean, don't make any lunch plans. Everything is homemade and it tastes as such. Amazing. The two cats are extremely friendly and actually made it seem more like home.

We stayed in the Niagara room which suited our needs well. However, when (not if) we return one day, I will probably splurge a bit and go for one of the rooms with a fire place and jacuzzi.

Oh, and did I mention that you're located directly in the middle of some awesome wineries? If you're looking for a weekend away, Grape Arbor is great option.

• Stayed February 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Just came back from a delightful 2-night stay in North East, PA at the Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast. We really enjoyed our get-away. The Grape Arbor is a quaint, well appointed, clean Inn in Pennsylvania wine country. We purchased a 2-night Wine Tour package on Groupon. The Inn was clean & well appointed with an amazing homemade breakfast, helpful & friendly staff (Michelle & Amanda - great job - helpful and very friendly). We stayed in the Cabernet Suite which has a lovely king size bed, a nice small fire place, jacuzzi tub and shower with a separate sitting room with sofa, love seat, TV, VCR/DVD, Wifi, & small fridge. We would highly recommend this suite.
The homemade breakfast is amazing! Several delicious, homemade courses - menu changes every day. On our two mornings we had Cheese Souffle, homemade waffles, pop-overs, scones, fresh fruit, Baked Vanilla Plums, homemade cherry muffins..... amazing!
The Wine Tour package was a nice surprise. Our Groupon included vouchers for wine tours and tasting at Arrowhead Winery and Lakeview Winery - both went above and beyond to welcome us and make us feel appreciated at their wineries. The wines of this are wonderufl and worth tasting and taking home. We visited 5 different wineries in the area, all were very nice and well worth the visit. We happily brought home quite a collection of North East, Pennsylvania wines.
We would highly recommend the Grape Arbor Inn and North East, PA for a romantic get-away! We plan on returning again sometime soon.
: - )

Room Tip: The Cabernet Suite offers a King Size bed, jacuzzi tub and small fireplace. It has a little more so...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ETM02_11
Raytown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have sent 2 e-mails this past week....With NO response! Needless to say I am very disappointed. The Grape Arbor looked like an interesting place to stay. I guess you don't need the business. I don't believe you can be that busy not to reply to potential customers. I see there are other bed and breakfast in the area that would love to have my business. SHAME on you!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
peghauser, Owner at Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
I am sorry that you had this experience; however I do not have a record of receiving any e:mails that we have not responded to! Sometimes a response can get automatically put in a spam folder so that you might not have seen it. Please call me, and I will help you with whatever information you need.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here while on a cross-country ski trip to the area. The service was outstanding in every way. Our room, the Concord was very spacious with a comfortable sitting area near a gas fireplace. It was very clean, comfortable and well decorated. Peggy makes an terrific breakfast and takes great pride in her work. We have stayed in some of the top hotels and B and Bs in the country and I would put this among them. This is a great bargain in a great location. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I spent the day on the Lake Erie wine trail and stayed here overnight in the Chancellor Suite - loved the large bathroom and separate lving room area with couch and fireplace. Lovely & charming place - felt welcome upon arrival. Room was very clean and all was comfortable. Loved the historic feel of the decor. Mini fridge had water, pop, and juice waiting for us, too. Breakfast was amazing! Started off with an apple crumb cake, then a fresh bowl of fruit, amazing rolls, and we had a breakfast casserole that left me loosening up my belt! LOL Every went smoothly and I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was the third time that four girlfriends and I met for our yearly getaway weekend at the Grape Arbor. It is very, very clean, beautifully decorated and quite comfortable. And the breakfasts are amazing.

There are many nice little extras available to Peggy's guests, like hot and cold beverages through the day, two well appointed living rooms, and wine glasses and corkscrews handy. ( This is wine country, after all!)

We've already scheduled our fourth year in 2013!

Room Tip: Front bedrooms face the street and there can be street noise. I don't find it bothersome, but ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dave o
Mayfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

This was our first experience at a bed and breakfast. We stayed in the Isabella room in the Bester House. The room was nicely decorated in Victorian style but modern amenities. The house was well decorated for Halloween - even trick or treat snacks were provided. The cookie jar and refrigerator were well stocked also. It felt a little weird the first night - as we were the only occupants in the house. Peggy and her staff were very personable and knowledgeable of the area and provided us with dinner suggestions and directions. The dinner at Freeport Landing was excellent - but the best part was watching the sunset at the beach just past the restaurant.
The 4 course breakfast were excellent also. We will definately make a return trip.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#6 of 38 in Erie

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!