“Clean, Polite & great group rates!”

Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Polite & great group rates!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am a little behind with updating reviews. My large group (Classics Colorguard) stayed at the HIE-IRWIN Feb 21-23-2014. It was an extremely convenient location to the Norwin HS for a competition we were attending. The staff was very polite and accommodating to our after 12am arrival. Clean rooms, swift check ins & welcoming breakfast. This is the 2nd visit to this hotel and we will return in the future. The front desk workers remembered us from our visit two years earlier. I am looking forward to the opening of RHONDA RD as the access road is a bit tricky to find and use especially with a large BUS.

Room Tip: Looking forward to the opening of RHONDA RD to access the HIE
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Becky H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67), responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear twisk19380,
Thank you for remembering to take the time to write a review on our hotel. We enjoy having your group staying with us each year. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review. Your group is always polite and so well behaved. We are looking forward to seeing you next year and we are also hoping to have the new entrance by then. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay May 4th. Staff was excellent, room and hotel very clean and welcoming. Recommendations for dinner were excellent and driving directions to/from hotel very helpful.
Note hotel is easily seen from Rt 30 and tollway but it is a bit tricky to get to as access road is a slight jog off the toll road on-ramp.
Nicely done Staff and Management, thank you for a comfortable and relaxing stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MikeK,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and the five star review. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Irwin was the half-way point in my trip and I needed to break up my drive, so I picked this place. Despite calling ahead to figure out how to find it, it wasn't easy to find in the dark. The staff member claimed I could make a left turn from the exit side of the tollbooth, but that didn't work out; I could not make out where to turn. Fortunately my GPS got me turned around via the local roads and back to the entrance ramp, where the entrance to the hotel is located. Just know that this hotel is very hard to find.

I arrived sometime after 10 pm, so I knew I wouldn't get the best choice of a room. Despite my reservation saying I had a no-smoking room, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I was super-tired, so I did nothing about it. I mentioned it to the woman when I checked out and she took the news very seriously.

I was very satisfied with the breakfast offerings, which included omelets and not just hard-boiled eggs (in addition to all the other stuff). In all, I would go back to this hotel again, now that I have an idea of how to find it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Bravaencore,
I am so pleased that you chose our hotel to stay at as your halfway point. I would like to appologize to you that you had such a hard time finding us. We hope to have a better access road to our hotel shortly. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and breakfast bar. We do hope to see you the next time you are passing thru. If you would like to call ahead first we can put you on a non smoking floor. Thank you for the four star review and we do hope to see you again.
GTA
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived after dark after a long and stressful journey, including a winter storm. Found the attitude of the front desk staff to be less than helpful. Attitude of the morning staff was not much better. Otherwise the hotel was clean and well maintained. Good breakfast. Air conditioner was noisy.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Becky H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67), responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Seasoned T,
I would first of all like to apologize to you that our staff was not welcoming to you. We take pride in our staff making all guests feel welcome and right at home. Your letter is very concerning to us that we did not make you feel this way at check in or check out. I would also like to apologize to you for the noise of your air conditioner. We would have been happy to move you to a different room, however, under the stress of driving in a winter storm, I'm sure you just wanted to get some rest. I do hope that you will give our hotel another try the next time you are in the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business. Itinerary from work said non smoking but got put in smoking room. Front desk said no other rooms available. The hotel driveway is located at the start of the turnpike on ramp and the holiday inn sign blocks view of oncoming traffic. No left turn to where everything else is located. Doors in hotel slam shut. Anytime a door closed close to my room the walls and bed would shake. Walls were so thin the lady next store had that good ol smokers cough and it sounded like she was in my room. Breakfast was nothing special, about what you would expect for this hotel. It is only getting the second star because the staff is real friendly and welcoming. Will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67), responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear R0llTideR0ll,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2014

What a wonderful experience! Great check-in! Staff was willing to go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They offered us great restaurant recommendations too! The rooms were spotless and spacious. Breakfast was just as expected! Lots to choice from and delicious. I highly recommend this hotel to others, and I would like to thank the staff for such great Customer Service. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Becky H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67), responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear MorganMack,
Thank you so much for the five star rating and all of the wonderful comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast bar, your room and our staff. It is always a pleasure to hear wonderful comments on our hotel. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your return.
Phila, PA
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Overall, if TripAdvisor had a "Good" setting, falling somewhere between average and very good, I'd have clicked on that. Picked hotel due to TripAdvisor ratings and location on satellite maps, surrounded by green, not truck stops. Unfortunately, there's a housing development going up around the hotel. The construction flags show homes will get pretty close in back, meaning lots of hammering noise and less view. For the next few months it should be OK. Yes, the 2 entrances to the hotel driveway are not that convenient. If you're the type that likes 5 star treatment and valet service, you won't like the driveway. But, then, you wouldn't stay here anyway. It's not a 5 star, but it's good at what it is: a convenient, clean place to stay.

The staff were very nice and polite. Stayed in standard room, which was OK, not great, but not bad. Pretty clean, with some fixtures getting a little dated. The shower drain ran very slow, so you were standing in about 2 inches of water during shower. Worst problem, but not enough to change rooms, was a somewhat musty smell, apparently from the heating/air conditioning unit.

The breakfast was well stocked, the eggs hot and they had bacon. Not bad. If I had to visit area again, I'd probably stay there again.

Room Tip: No real construction noise now, but by mid 2014, stay in room facing front of hotel and there will b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Becky H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67), responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear atown1,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate your feed back on our hotel. I would like to apologize to you that you had problems with your bathtub not draining properly. Next time, please notify the front desk staff and we will be more than happy to fix the problem for you.
When you decide to return to our hotel in the near future, please do not worry about the construction of the new homes that are near by. The flags you saw were not for construction they were marked to show where the gas lines are.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and would like to stay here again when returning to our area. We are looking forward to your return
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Huntingdon
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Irwin (PA TPK EXIT 67)? Share your experiences!