“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Metropolitan

The Metropolitan
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in North Wales
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My friend treated me last night for my birthday by taking me to The Metropolitan. The atmosphere was nice and the food was very good! I had the Stir Fry with chicken and really enjoyed it. My friend had the penne pasta dish and also liked her choice.
One thing that was somewhat annoying was that the waitress was too present. Whether she was trying to clear us out to get another customer or that she just didn't have the experience, we felt rushed.
Overall, we both had an enjoyable time and enjoyed our respective dishes. I would definitely go back and take my husband.

• Visited August 2013
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Hi Wisfamily77,

Thank you so much for dining with us the other night and thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

I'm very glad you enjoyed yourselves and I will make a note to speak the my staff that worked this past Friday regarding too much hovering at the table. I completely agree with you that this usually leads to a feeling of being rushed rather than attentive service.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you and your husband dine with again again very soon.

Best regards,

John Gabriel

Furlong PA
“Great casual restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch today. This is a very nice casual restaurant. The menu is very broad so there should be something for anyone.

I had herb crusted salmon with balsamic vinegar sauce, very tasty. The lunch sized portion was just right. My wife had a chicken-bacon-avocado sandwich, which would have been large for a man's meal... she took half home.

There's a basic, moderately priced wine list . Service was friendly and attentive.

A tip... don't be scared away when the parking lot looks too full.... there's more seating inside then there are parking spaces in the small upper lot.

• Visited August 2013
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Hi David,

Thanks for the wonderful review and for dining with us this past Friday afternoon.

I really appreciate the thoroughness of your review, providing a great tip on the parking on the end! You're quite correct that sometimes the parking lot appears so full that is dissuades some guests from stopping in.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meals and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,

John Gabriel
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This restaurant is in a shopping center. The food was fantastic! I brought 3 children under 10 and they ate all their food. And mine was great. Prices very reasonable.

Visited August 2013
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hi Melanie,

I can't thank you enough for stopping by this past weekend and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I was particularly glad to hear that your kids enjoyed their food. Having a young toddler myself, I know the feeling!

I hope your travels will bring you back again soon.

Coatesville, Pa.
“Upscale diner, great food, good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

As first time visitors to the area we looked for a non-chain restaurant for an early Sunday afternoon dinner. Read the great reviews and decided to try for ourselves. We loved our dinner and only wish we lived closer so we could visit more often. A very nice interior that is casual yet classy. A very diverse menu with everything from classic diner food to seafood and breakfast all day. Everyone in our party of six enjoyed their meal. My salmon caesar was fabulous and a great plate for the money. Our server was very friendly and offered excellent suggestions. We enjoyed soup and salad, mac and cheese (with tomatoes and bacon), pork chops, crab burger and pulled pork on flat bread. We highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2013
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Hi Dean,

Let me first thank you for dining with us this past weekend and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a concise, thoughtful review!

I also must say that the choices you and your party enjoyed are some of my favorites. The pork chops which were on our chef's features of the day sold out in about 3 hours, so we're running them again this weekend!

Thank you again and I hope you drop by again when you're in the area.

North Wales, PA
“Outstanding Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

The second thing you notice about the Metropolitan (after the friendly staff), is the high quality, diverse breakfast menu. Truly, you cannot find a better breakfast menu anywhere in Montgomery County, in my opinion. My wife and I both had the Huevos Rancheros and were very happy with the presentation and the speed with which the dishes came to us. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great breakfast or brunch!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank annuitize
John G, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Hi Annuitize,

We can't thank you enough for such a great review! I appreciate the fact that you joined us for breakfast, breakfast food is my favorite food! I may not always get up early enough to eat breakfast but I love the food.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again.

John

Been to The Metropolitan? Share your experiences!