“Geared more towards weddings”
Review of Joseph Ambler Inn

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I booked me my reservation via a Groupon offer. The property is very serene and has a old country inn feel to eat. Upon arriving we were greeted and checked in by Jessica. She was very nice woman and gave us the layout of the property and surrounding area attractions. Our offer was supposed to include a 20.00 credit towards the onsite restaurant but was told it was "closed". after a conversation with the manager via phone we offered a credit toward a future diner. We explained that the inn was a bit of a distance and without a overnight stay would cost 20.00 in gas round trip but was stuck with the voucher. We got to the room and it was not ready. We left our bags and to our room it was not ready. We returned to the front desk and was given an upgraded room and a round of free drinks. Our new room (The Grumblethorpe suite)had a sitting area and a door leading to a small patio area. After our luggage arrived we went to the inn's bar for a free drinks. Bar had a a nice ambiance. Upon returning to room I found the Bed was to soft more liking but my GF found comfortable so whatever your preferences is I guess. The room was clean but had the feeling of a "work in progress". It had and old small tube TV (need to invest a few hundred bucks and and mount a flat screen on the wall). Sitting room should have a TV and/or small stereo with Ipod docking station. Our jacuzzi tube's "bubbling" mechanism was broken so it was just a bathtub.

Breakfast was the standard "continental".

Room Tip: Check a head if a wedding or other large function is scheduled for the date you would like to stay a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shademann

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My son just got married this past weekend and we booked ahead and got all of the rooms at the Inn. It was the perfect venue. Keenan, the manager, is a Make it Happen sort of guy and treated us all royally. Lovely breakfast buffet is included everyday looking out over their beautiful grounds. The Executive Chef exceeded our expectations for the Rehearsal Dinner with a fabulous seabass and veal combo dinner for 90. Many told me it was the best seabass they had ever had. Difficult to serve for large group but they performed with ease. Can't say enough good things about the Inn and all its personnel. Our rooms were beautifully quaint - a real gem in the Pennsylvania countryside. We will be back!

Room Tip: Loved the rooms in the recently redone Barn house but all have their individual charm.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the JAI while attending a wedding. The inn is located right off a main road and just a mile or two from your typical concrete jungle; shopping malls, strip malls, crazy traffic etc. But, it is truly a quiet and peaceful oasis on to itself. The grounds are beautiful and the property includes various buildings all of which are very quaint, romantic and relaxing.

Check in was a breeze, save the keys that did not open the door to our room and the fact that there was a gift bag left in our room for guests that would be arriving a day after our visit! Got it all worked out with a very pleasant and accommodating staff.

We stayed in a King Room in the "Barn", a well renovated actual barn that also houses the restaurant. The room itself was very nice, roomy with a large bathroom and a stacked-stone wall behind the bed. The only issue we had with the room (201) was that it is located on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs just above the main entrance to the restaurant. It was very noisy all night and especially noisy when the staff began vacuuming the restaurant at the end of the night. Sounded like they were right outside our door (which in reality they were) at 10 PM. Then when the restaurant reopened for breakfast at 7 Am, the noise woke us again.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely. Was the weekend a delight? Absolutely. Do I recommend you give it a try if you are in the area or just looking for a weekend escape? Yes!

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the top of the stairs in the "barn". The third floor may be a better bet i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian C, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

I do try my best, but unfortunately my responses are not as poetic as your review. Our staff always tries to provide guests with the best possible service that we can. I am glad to hear that they were so accommodating. I have heard before that some times guests hear noise from the restaurant below. In my experience, it seems limited to that room. You had mentioned that you would absolutely stay with us again, so please make sure you ask for a quiet room when booking. None of our rooms have constant noise complaints, but our Front Desk Staff knows all the most secluded spaces!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at the Inn three nights while on business in the area and took advantage of a Groupon deal that included a $20 evening dining credit. Breakfast was included. The Groupon voucher made it a great deal. There are several guest buildings on the property. My room was conveniently located in the Barn, which is also where the dining room/bar is located. At the time of my stay, the Barn was being renovated and the walls were being painted. Not ideal, but the painter was not in the way and I didn't spend much time at the Inn. My room was on the third floor and the vaulted ceiling was nice and spacious. However, there was a window high up in the wall that had no shade and prevented the room from being very dark at night. I didn't spend any time in any other building on the property. Breakfast diners could choose from an assortment of baked goods, breads, cereal fruit, etc. and also order from a menu. Both options are included in the complimentary breakfast. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We certainly do appreciate your patience during our renovations. We were told that the renovations would not impede too terribly on the guests' comfort, and we continued to book the Barn since we had not had complaints. All 13 rooms in the Barn were finished ahead of schedule and look absolutely incredible! We are still making come changes in the hallways to make them more appealing and comfortable. I believe the missing shade was something that we forgot to rehang. I believe that that has been corrected.

I hope that you do decide to stay with us again! And if I can help you in any way in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I have always wanted to explore Bucks County. We only live 2 hours away but wanted to immerse ourselves in the culture and history of the region. We found the Joseph Ambler Inn to exceed our expectations and with a great location we were able to visit three museums in two days. From the front desk manager when we checked into the Inn; to the friendliness of the accommodating staff we were welcomed and treated like old friends.

The grounds, our newly renovated room and bathrooms were tastefully finished and the overall ambience was outstanding. We so enjoyed walking the estate and getting a real feel for the legacy of Joesph Ambler and his impact on the region. We had dinner in the dining room at the Inn which we enjoyed greatly. The food was truly impressive for its preparation and its presentaion. And an overnight stay includes breakfast.

I would recommend the Joseph Ambler Inn without qualification.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a family wedding on site May 17th and we were extremely happy with the experience. We came from out of town and spent 2 nights at the Inn. The accommodations were very comfortable. I had called the staff ahead of time due to my having recent knee surgery, the staff was very helpful. Although 1st flor rooms were unavailable and the Inn does not have an elevator, they were able to provide us with a 2nd floor room.

On our arrival everyone was very nice, accommodating with my disability, and truly delightful. From providing ice packs, to offering assistance at any time, the staff remained courteous, professional, and very pleasant.

I would happily recommend the Inn to anyone seeking 4 star service at a beautiful setting - and I have! I also would love to spend another weekend there, once I am healed and able to enjoy more of the services and amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your response. We hope to see you back again soon fully healed! I worked very closely with that couple on the 17th too and they were a delight (as were the guests)!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

It was quaint but if you choose your stay based on the website, you will be disappointed, as we were. The inn is located on a busy road. Looking at the pics and based on the description, you would believe that it is located in a serene country setting and since it is anything but in a country setting, we were quite disappointed. The room was comfortable and quaint.
The free breakfast wasn't very good.The food in the Jclub wasn't very good, either.
We were sent to a great restaurant down the road called the Iron Works Brewery.
Also, the website lists Longwood Gardens as a local attraction and it definitely is not at an hour and a half drive from the inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Familyof4Bs

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our property. I am currently in the process of updating our website. PENNDOT recently finished construction on the New 202 Scenic Biway that runs parallel to our property. They also expanded Horsham Road to allow vehicles to access the Biway. Since we are still in a residential area, the speed limits on the roads have been lowered so as not to interfere with the houses and businesses along the road. So far the Biway has been a great addition for us, but I will see if there is a way that I can adjust the wording on the website since you feel it was misleading. Longwood Gardens will be removed from the list of local attractions. We just spent a few weeks researching new things to do in the area and created a brochure available at the front desk. I will be updating those attractions on our website. As for the breakfast and food in JPub, I did make our Executive Chef aware of that when you originally posted your review.

I am not sure exactly which room you stayed in, but there are some rooms located in the buildings on the interior of our property. Those rooms do reflect more of the serene country setting that we advertise. If you do choose to stay with us again, please let me know and I will be happy to select a room that may be more suitable for the atmosphere you were trying to capture.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!