“Wonderful Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Worcester, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What can I say... everything was exceptional! From our first meeting with Wendi to the wedding day we were in excellent hands at the Joseph Ambler Inn. Our guests raved about every aspect of the venue. We had a filet mignon and crab cake sit down dinner and the food was wonderful. It arrived at our table hot, juicy and delicious. The portions were generous and no one went away hungry. The staff was extremely polite and worked the room in a quick and timely manner. They accommodated our wine requests and made sure the water glasses were always filled. The rest rooms were immaculate ( a pet peeve of mine ) and the pavilion (where the ceremony and later the cocktail hour) was always clear of empty bottles and glasses. The groom's family also hosted the 'rehearsal dinner' in the Farmhouse and that was a great experience as well. They also hosted a 'tasting' several months before the wedding and that allowed us to narrow down our choices without worrying about make selections blindly.

As a side note, we have had dinner there several times since booking the wedding there and have never had a bad experience.

Room Tip: The Bride and Groom loved their suite in the Farmhouse! The Bride raved about the beautiful bathroo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay. Great food, quiet, historic. Loved the decor. The staff was great. Even the guard cat was friendly. My wife and I love places like this. We were hoping there might be some peranormal activity considering the age of some of the buildings , but no luck in that area. We would love to return some time.

• Stayed July 2013
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Joseph Ambler Inn is a beautiful place and a great place for an overnight getaway. They do a fine job with the ambiance, and the scrumptious buffet breakfast. The newly remodeled rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds were very cozy. My wife and I enjoyed a light afternoon meal at the J-Pub. Dinner was absolutely delicious. Keenan and the staff are all very accommodating and everyone is warm and welcoming. We had the most wonderful Bed & Breakfast experience at this gorgeous inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Attentive , friendly and accommodating staff, great food, beautiful and quaint rooms. We were so pleased with our business retreat held here. The ambiance led to a successful meeting of the minds. The breakout rooms behind the main office and in the side buildings are perfect, filled with natural light and comfortable. The grounds are gorgeous, with plenty of quiet places for reflection and conversation.

Room Tip: For that special romantic getaway, #115 is over the top !!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Gorgeous, beautiful surroundings for a country outdoor wedding. Inside, the waitstaff was very attentive and brought out trays of delicious appetizers. Specialty and regular drinks were great. Food for dinner was absolutely delicious. We had filet mignon and crab cakes and salmon. The total ambience and atmosphere were exceptional.
This will be a great memory for all who attended. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The end of July, my husband and I attended a wedding at the Joseph Ambler Inn. We arrived on a Friday and stayed two nights. Driving through Philly traffic on a Friday night was a little rough, so I was really looking forward to a relaxing stay - and I was not let down.

As we drove through the grounds, I was blown away. The Joseph Ambler Inn is a secluded, beautiful piece of the country. I loved seeing all the guest houses spread out throughout the grounds. When we parked, we walked along brick paths leading to the main "barn" to check in. The receptionist was very warm and friendly. He explained where our room was located and where breakfast was served.

The wedding party was able to book the entire John Roberts House for the two nights. My room was the Pennypacker room located on the third floor of this house. It was a spacious room with a queen bed and a jetted soaker tub plus walking shower in the bathroom.

After dropping off our luggage, we made our way to the bar, adjacent to the restaurant where breakfast is served. The bar was well stocked and the bartenders were friendly. They serve food there, but we ended up getting dinner out.

The wedding was held Saturday on the grounds and the reception was held in the John Roberts House (~35 people total attended the wedding). I've been to many weddings (including my own) and I have to say that this was one of the best. It wasn't just the beautiful couple getting married, but the atmosphere and the generous service that this Inn and its staff had to offer.

Breakfast was a hearty buffet. I can't imagine anyone leaving hungry, there seemed to be something for everyone. On Saturday morning, we were able to take our breakfast outside and sit on the patio. The weather was phenomenal for being the end of July (70's, low humidity) so we could enjoy sitting on the patio just a little longer to enjoy a second cup of coffee. PERFECTO!

My ONLY criticism of the place (if you can call it that) was that the panel for operating the jetted soaker tub in the bathroom was odd. Maybe I needed a manual or something but I couldn't get the thing to turn off when I wanted to. I talked to other guests staying in the John Roberts House and they each had issues with their tubs... mostly turning them on and not being able to turn them off. The bride, the night before her wedding, had the tub go off at 3 am - hours after she stopped using it. But the tubs are VERY nice and I relaxed in mine both nights.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are a couple looking for a place for a romantic getaway. And if you are a couple looking for a small but perfect wedding venue, this is the place. I was sad to leave this place, but I know I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are amazing. I don't think you can go wrong choosing one.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bisque3
Osprey, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hard to describe. The rooms are nice, the breakfast fine, and the dining room is great. Business center was empty during my stay, and provided comfortable meeting room for me and colleagues. Not fancy, but not too shabby, either. Pricing is all over the place. If you can wrangle a low rate, this is a good deal. You really need a car; nothing really nearby other than a Costco, and a Chinese and an Italian restaurant. Too far to really walk to the Village Tavern on Stump road, too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!