“No sleep at the Inn!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
“No sleep at the Inn!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We live in the area and decided to celebrate our anniversary here. It snowed but we did not cancel. We should have... There was not enough hot water to fill the jacuzzi tub we paid for, and it is 2 am and the shoveling outside of our room has kept me awake... Not an experience that I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sleepyinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had my October 2013 wedding reception at JAI. From the very start, Wendi was very informative and able to answer any questions we had. She immediately made us feel comfortable and after our first consultation, we knew we would host our reception at JAI. Approximately 60% of our wedding was traveling from out of state and all traveling guests were able to stay at the inn. Brian assisted in coordinating the rooms as well as the after party which we held at the John Roberts house. Brian is also very helpful and always quick to respond. The room rate was very reasonable and all of our guests LOVED the rooms. On the night of our reception, Meg was our coordinator. She did an amazing job and when we walked in the ballroom for the first time, it was exactly as we had envisioned it! In terms of the food and open bar at the reception, both were top notch. The venue itself is beautiful and has a rustic/country vibe. I would highly recommend JAI to anyone on the search for a wedding venue!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Randolph, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was conducting training for my business at a nearby facility and needed to stay overnight in the area. In order to help preserve our department's travel budget, we chose to stay here, which was the lowest priced of the area's recommended hotels. When we checked in, we were very pleasantly surprised - the rooms were large and comfortable with king-size beds and a huge Jacuzzi and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The free hot breakfast in the morning was also great. My only complaint is that the Wi-Fi did not work very well in my room. It is a great value for the money so I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Prior to the wedding day, Wendi, the wedding coordinator was so helpful. She was there to answer any question, any time. You truly sold us on the Joseph Ambler Inn when we saw it for the first time. Knowing she was so organized made us realize that our lives would be much easier! The Value Date was second to none and was also a great option for us!

First of all the setting was wonderful – from the beautiful buildings to the landscaping. It was the perfect backdrop for our wedding. We have heard nothing but great things about the food – many saying it was the best wedding food they have ever had (including compliments from my friend who owns a catering company). The cake from Anne’s Cake Pan not only looked great but tasted great (we had ½ pumpkin). Meg, the day-of coordinator, was wonderful and very helpful when I came running to her with a question the day before and day of. She got the musicians, minister and the wedding party on the same page without prompting. The reception room set-up was exactly how we imagined it.

Our Inn room was wonderful too – a great place for the groom to hide out before the wedding, a beautiful bathroom (Jacuzzi tub to boot), lovely bedroom and great veranda.

Everyone also loved Saddle the cat too! The breakfast the next morning was a great way to reconnect with the guests and discuss all the fun things that happened the evening before.

Top notch food, location and service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Hope, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

At such a stressful time as my father's funeral, it was so nice to be able to turn to Wendy who handled the entire affair so beautifully and with such grace. The staff was very accommodating and everyone said how great the food was with a vegetarian option in addition to the meat and fish options. It is so hard to account for how many people will show up for these luncheons and when eight additional guests came unexpectedly, the staff quickly set up another beautiful table. Everyone involved at the Inn took an otherwise very emotionally charged day and turned it into one of the bright spots. My Dad would have been so pleased! As promised, we are coming back but this time for a joyous anniversary. Thank you to everyone involved!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have lived in the Horsham area for the last 32 years. I pass the Joseph Ambler Inn frequently. I decided to look into the facility as a venue for a bridal shower for my daughter. I went to the website and began my inquiry there. Within minutes, Wendi responded to my inquiry. I met with her a few days later and was very impressed with the tour of the facility. Prior to booking our event, we came for dinner and were extremely pleased with our meal and outdoor surroundings. The shower was in the John Roberts House in early October 2013. The food was delicious. The staff was exceptional, especially Megan and Patrick. They could not have been more attentive to our guests' needs and requests. I received many and only positive feedback from our guests. One of my aunts went so far as to say this was the best shower she has attended. Many, many thanks to Wendi and all her staff for making my daughter's shower so memorable!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I chose this place since it's a B&B that's relatively close to Holicong, PA where we we took my boyfriend's 8 yo niece on a hot air balloon ride. It was about the same price as a Marriott or Ramada Inn but we always prefer a B&B for that "homey" quality. This inn had less of that feel since it was off of a big highway and larger than a typical B&B. When we arrived, there was a wedding taking place so parking was limited. Front desk was friendly but the complimentary hot coffee/tea and cookies were disappointing (krups cups and stale cookies). The room was very nice/clean (was told that it was newly renovated) and I liked that there were 2 double beds as an option (few B&Bs have that). Wifi worked great and beds were comfortable...we slept well! The bonus was the very helpful staff. We like to have hot water available at night for tea and when I asked them for some, I was given a huge thermos of it! :) Our hot air balloon ride was very early in the morning and I was afraid we won't make it back for the hot country breakfast. Breakfast is from 7:30am-9am on weekends which is sort of ridiculous. I think they should extend it to 10am. When we arrived a little after 9am, they still allowed us to eat but we felt very rushed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!