“A Special Place”

Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
East Hills, New York
“A Special Place”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I don’t usually comment online, but felt compelled to do so after my stay at the Joseph Ambler Inn. My girlfriend and I decided to visit some historic sites in southeast PA, and booked a room at the JAI. We knew we were somewhere special as soon as we pulled in the front entrance. The property and the houses were exquisite, like something saved from a time gone by. We had am exhausting drive to PA - you can imagine how nice it was to be greeted by Dan and Cathy at check-in and offered some coffee and cookies on-the-house. I don’t think in our travels we’ve ever met two more pleasant, more accommodating people. I personally felt like I was amongst friends. We stayed in the John Roberts House. Our room looked like something out of a movie, what with the sunlight shining through the wood shake blinds and the tree branches dancing just outside the windows. We thought the jacuzzi in the bedroom was a bit strange at first, but ended up using it, after all - so relaxing! The room was beautifully adorned and had a fresh aroma, while the bed was plush and lovely and the bathroom was spotless. We couldn’t have asked for more. I lost my wi-fi signal in the middle of the night (amidst an important project for work) and called the front desk. Cathy picked up on the first ring and had the Wi-Fi up and running in five minutes. Our breakfast seemed homemade, and I couldn’t believe how many hot dishes they offered - perfect for a cold morning! My girlfriend and I had a chance to reconnect in a way we hadn’t in a long while - Just strolling the property felt like walking through a friendly, little village. It felt almost magical. Our second night, we stopped into the pub for a quick nightcap. With the fireplace and the friendly staff, the ambiance was perfect. Our waitress, Peggy, made some outstanding recommendations for dessert, and we along with another [very friendly] couple at the table next to us, stuffed our faces. The drinks and dessert were superb, and our “quick nightcap” turned into an all-night affair filled with laughter. Great people, great accommodations, great memories at the Joseph Ambler Inn. I highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Woodrow L
Daniel H, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Inn. We're so happy to hear about the special time you experienced with your loved one. We're sorry to hear about you losing Wi-Fi during the night but it should no longer be a problem as we now have top speed, updated Wi-Fi throughout the property.
And thank you again for your kind words regarding our staff. We're lucky to have such an amazing staff accompany our wonderful Inn. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Doyles
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed overnight at the Joseph Ambler Inn for our 10th anniversary and had an amazing experience. From the moment we checked in we felt welcomed by the staff and were blown away by how beautiful and well maintained the property was. The hotel manager Dan was very helpful in helping us make our room reservations and even arranged for dinner reservations in the restaurant for that evening at a table in a cozy room away from the business of the main dining room. The food was delicious and our server was knowledgeable and friendly. They even gave us a complimentary dessert because they knew it was our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Joseph Ambler Inn and will definitely be back again. We recommend it to anyone who is looking to get away for a weekend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently booked the Joseph Ambler Inn for our company anniversary party. When I first met with Wendi Terlecky, I knew it was going to be a great venue. She is passionate about her job and it shows in everything she does to help make your party special. Not only was the venue itself beautiful, but the servers were fabulous!!! They were personable, professional and did a great job keeping the hors d’oeuvres coming. We had a lot of people with dietary restrictions and the chef had no problem meeting our needs. In fact, during the cocktail hour, there were notes on the hors d’oeuvres that designated if an item was Gluten Free or Dairy Free, so that our guests didn’t have to ask each time a tray was passed around. Entrees were cooked perfectly and the food was delicious! And, the Viennese dessert tray was to die for!!! Even with all of our dietary restrictions, there were plenty of sweet treats to enjoy. I would definitely recommend the Joseph Ambler Inn for any occasion. The venue is beautiful and it is obvious that all the staff really care about making your event a success!

Room Tip: I did not rate the rooms, because we all live local to the venue, so no one stayed overnight.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hosted a graduating dinner for 17 people, 5 children, and it exceeded my expectations. All the guests cannot stop talking about the atmosphere, spectacular food, and wonderful server. Hope I can utilize this house again as that is how great the night was. HM

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I were guests there for our ninth wedding anniversary. It was during the winter and the grounds were beautiful, everything was covered in snow. The room had a beaitiful spa tub and the romantic possibilities are endless. The only thing I would change is the breakfast menu, the only meat served was pork bacon and pork sausage. It would have been nice to have turkey or beef instead.

• Stayed December 2013
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had an Overnight stay here since we had a work Party so instead of having the long drive back we just stayed the night.
The grounds were kept very nice and decorated nicely for the holiday. Desk people were very friendly.
The bed we were told is a queen size and we have a queen at home. It was WAY smaller then what we have at home. My wife ,myself, and our 2 kids Mr Misty and Bella all fit easily at home. Here we barely fit the 2 of us.
There was also socks and some clothes left in a drawer which made me wonder does'nt the cleaning people check that? The room otherwise was clean.
The bartender at our function was not a happy camper. Many people noticed this . The alcohol room was basically a coat closet converted into a bar.
Breakfast was Ok i was expecting something a little more on the homemade side. It reminded me of the free breakfast you get at the Hampton Inn. Just a bit better because they had 3 things of hot food not 2 like the Hampton Inn. Two kinds of Eggs one with cheddar and one Plain,Bacon,Sausage,Home Fries (these were REALLY good) and French Toast and of course fruit and assorted Breads and bagels.
Overall it was not a bad stay they had lots of cable channels to watch too. We had a jacuzzi in our room but we did not use it. I would not mind staying there again though if i had to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank captrobey
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The grounds and buildings were all decorated all very nice for the winter holidays. We booked a queen deluxe room for our overnight for my husband's work party so that we wouldn't have to travel back to NJ late at night. The room was large with a spa tub in the bedroom, and a separate in room bath facilities, all of which were nice. Our bed was supposed to be a queen (we have one at home too), and the bed in our room seemed too small for a queen. During check-out I questioned the clerk and he said that the bed was a queen size, if it was it was very small! The smaller bed made it difficult for us to sleep comfortably, since I toss and turn a lot - and kept bumping into my husband. We were very happy to go home and sleep in our queen size bed!!! The complementary breakfast was okay, eggs, eggs w/ cheese, pastries, breakfast meats, beverages - though the breakfast hours were only 6:30 to 9am. If given the opportunity to go back, it would be considered, but maybe a different style of room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!