“My Wedding Venue! Amazing!”
Review of Joseph Ambler Inn

Joseph Ambler Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My fiance and I had our wedding here last Saturday. Best day of our lives by far!! Not only were the grounds and the Inn beautiful, but the staff and management went out of their way to make our day perfect! They catered to our every need. All through our planning they were easy to get a hold of and addressed every question and concern I had within a 24 hours at the longest. Our guests are still raving about the AMAZING food, and how great the rooms were. What sold us on Joseph Ambler was that we were able to have our ceremony, reception, after party, and have everyone stay all in the same place. The brunch the next morning was also fantastic. We had a large Wedding so it was like the whole place was ours. We are still on cloud 9, and I can not wait to go back to stay for our anniversary!! I would highly recommend Joseph Ambler Inn for events, or just a romantic get away. I have no bad things to say!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed in room 407 Friday night into Saturday for a wedding we attended.
Everything was PERFECT! Our room was Beautiful! The dinner for the reception was AWESOME!!! my Husband is still talking about the crab cakes served for cocktail hour and the French fry bar was a great idea! Our Breakfast in the morning was just what we needed after all the fun we had the night before! The grounds were clean and the beds were so comfortable! I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eileennisen
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nicely appointed rooms in both the main building and house. The grounds are well maintained and it is easy to get around to local companies. Complimentary breakfast is not ordinary and the service is above average in all areas (restaurant, lobby etc). One small comment, the single bedroom had a real small, dated television.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I purchased a groupon to stay and eat here, since we stayed here once before and loved it. The restaurant has really good food and even though it has a bar, you can BYOB. The bar is adjacent to the restaurant, where you can have pub food. The Inn has separate buildings where the rooms are. The rooms in the buildings near the restaurant were all renovated recently and that's where we stayed. We had our own private little deck area, which of course we didn't use due to it being covered in snow. The room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. We love this place and will definitely go back. We enjoy going to Doylestown for the day. It has little shops and restaurants, which is close by.

• Stayed: March 2014
Daniel H, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words and excellent review. We pride ourselves on being cozy all winter while in the Spring and Summer ideal for spending time outside, el fresco dining, and enjoying the private patios. Our 'bring your own wine nights' are Friday and Sunday. They are hugely popular, especially for summer nights on the Terrace. Please come and stay again soon. Also, be sure to sign up for our preferred guest card next time you are here.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Joseph Ambler Inn after I attended a wedding as the wedding party reserved a block of rooms. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and this property was perfect for the event. The wedding reception was held at another location and ended at 4:00PM. The rooms reserved were all in one "house" of the Inn and we had several small common rooms on the first floor where we could all congregate and celebrate the couple. They arranged to have food served and a bar set up for us. It was a great set up!

I found the rooms to be very clean and the staff to be very friendly. A breakfast buffet was included with our stay and it was delicious and plentiful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so it is a good idea to recommend a first floor room if stairs will be an iss...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently held a Celebration Cocktail Party at Joseph Ambler Inn and I cannot say enough good things about the Inn itself ~ it is quaint and charming, the service ~ gracious and friendly, the food ~ delicious and presented beautifully, and the staff we worked with planning the event, Wendi for the event and Dan coordinating the guest accommodations were both easy and accommodating to work with.

It is a unique and historic property that offers many amazing photo opportunities. We had several of the rooms booked for family and friends and my guests really enjoyed the charming decor that the rooms offered. Some of the suites had pull out couches which were perfect for guests traveling with children. The pull outs were set up and ready for the guests when they arrived.

Our event went off without a hitch, the coordinator that evening was very friendly and everything was perfect. We chose cocktails and butlered hors d' oeuvres with some stations and an open bar for our guests. There was plenty of food and everyone commented on how delicious everything was.

I highly recommend the Joseph Ambler Inn for any event you are planning. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the event will be well coordinated and your guests will rave about your choice!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here while on business in the area and loved it. I was in room 403 which was delightful and my only downside was not being able to make myself some coffee as soon as I got up. I know it's available at reception, but it's a little off-putting that you have to get dressed first and no-one needs to see my bed-hair first thing!

I checked in on Easter Sunday during their buffet lunch event so the place was very busy, unfortunately reception failed to mention that the restaurant would close at 4.30 and there would be no dinner available. Perhaps she assumed I would know this but its is not a concept we are used to into the UK, everything stays open as normal on Easter. Having eaten lunch at noon, I couldn't have eaten dinner at that time anyway!

When I turned up at 7.30pm I was disappointed to learn that the meal I had been looking forward to for so long wasn't going to happen. Also unfortunately, I had no transport to go look for anything else, but when I explained this to the staff member who was tidying up after the days event, she offered to see what the chef could do. He came to my rescue with a turkey club sandwich, salad, chips and drink, all delivered to my room and on the house! Exceptional customer service, thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Daniel H, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Mostly I am glad that we could cement our reputation for outstanding customer service by coming through with a turkey club and some chips after the kitchen closed. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile and are very fortunate to have such a terrific staff.

Our Easter buffet is a huge hit annually. Over 700 people dine with us on Easter. It is one of the very few days throughout the year that our restaurant is not available at dinner time. We will try to prepare our guests better the next time. (Mother's Day, May 11th is the other extensive Brunch Buffet).

We will have a coffee maker in the Thomas Wilson House kitchenette next time you stay. It will have an extensive selection of K-cups similar to the front desk machine.

Warm Regards, Dan

#1 of 1 in Sellersville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!