“Happy holidays!”

Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, PA
“Happy holidays!”
Reviewed 28 December 2004

I couldn't have imagined the experience I had at the Joseph Ambler Inn. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, our experience was incredible. I was coming in to town to visit with my mother-in-law and we were told this was THE place to stay. To my surprise the staff, the food, the service, etc... was PERFECT!!! Can't wait until next Christmas!

2 Thank a3morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2004

My husband and I stayed here on a business trip in July 2003. The Inn was hailed as the premier lodging in the area. While the buildings and rooms were lovely, something was left to be desired: true hospitality I think. I do have to remember that I am from the South where a stay in an inn or bed and breakfast is treat and time of pampering. I have not found that to be the case in PA. At this inn, in particular, I was quite surprised by the rude response of the housekeeper when I asked for another towel. She wanted to know why I needed another towel and laughed at me. These ladies were gruff, loud and very noisy while at work even though there were guests who were resting and relaxing. The breakfast was very nice and the hostess was very pleasant to your face. I heard her in the hall way complaining where guests could hear about not getting good tips. Also, while we were enjoying a nice brunch outside, those same housekeeping ladies desided to sit at a table next to us, put up their feet and start smoking in the dining area!

The room was lovely, but for a "business hotel," you think you would find basic necessities such as a pen, note pad, phone book, etc. Again, it was nice, but the atmosphere sort of made you cock your head and wonder what you were missing. Next time, I'll just stay at the Hilton.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!