“Not bad, had a couple of annoyances but would return”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Visited on a Saturday night to be in a convenient location to spend Sunday at a nice little park. Location was pretty good; lots of dining options within walking distance, ample parking, right off of a major road. Check-in was a breeze; got the the room requested (1 bedroom suite with pullout couch). Room was on first floor, which was against my MR preference but not a big deal at all. Room was clean and had no issues with it. We headed to the pool, hot tub was closed which was a bit of a disappointment, but not a huge issue. The pool was average size for an extended stay hotel, and only went to 3.5 feet. For us, this was nice since our 5 year old didn't have to wear his floaties and was able to enjoy the pool more. If the hot tub was open it would have been especially nice since we would have been able to relax and keep and eye on him. When we headed back to the room we stopped at the pantry to grab energy drinks, it was nearly 10 minutes before anyone came by; pretty annoying, i was about to write down what we had and the room number to bill it to. When we got back to the room and put the little one to bed I realized the TV was only picking up basic channels (1-6 IIIRC) so no cartoons available; again, not a big deal, he went to sleep watching football. As soon as we laid down we heard constant running above us, which was pretty bothersome but not enough of an issue for us to request to move. In the morning, we were woken up by him around 8:00 and he wanted to watch cartoons; I was pretty happy when I turned to channel 24 (nickelodeon) and it worked. Popped that on and got to sleep in for another hour or so. I figure the night before direct TV had gone out or something. We headed out to the lobby for breakfast and found the typical fare; make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage, sausage gravy, bread bar, cereal, juice and milk, yogurt, milk, etc. Everything was fresh and constantly replenished.

Would definitely return to this property, but we would probably request a high floor to avoid some noise.

Room Tip: High floor! was very loud above us on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Albert Z, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott in Montgomeryville and bringing these issues to our attention. Please know we have been working hard to ensure that our team communicates when they will be leaving the desk as another staff member should be in attendence. Also, upon returning to our Residence Inn, we would be more then happy to have you in a high floor room as preffered.

Please contact me, Jessica Meehan, direclty at 267.468.0111 and I will be happy to further assist you.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to Philadelphia and not as expensive as "in the city" hotels. We stayed 3 nights. The grounds were very nice with plenty of parking. The room was large with a fully equipped kitchen including refrigerator and microwave. The sofa bed wasn't all that comfortable, but I don't have high expectations for sofa beds. The bed was fine. The free breakfast was ample with a good amount of variety. There was both indoor and outdoor seating. Coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours. The pool ranges from 3 feet to 3'6". It worked for me since I was visiting with smaller children. The staff were all friendly. I did not have any issues regarding cleanliness or service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Albert Z, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate the kind words and certainly glad you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Montgomeryville PA.

We hope that you will stay with us the next time you're in the Montgomeryville area!

The Residence Inn by Marriott Montgomeryville Team

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was attending a business meeting and stayed 2 nights at the Residence Inn in North Wales, PA. The room was extremely comfortable, very large, with a fully stocked kitchen, fireplace and two closets. The hotel served breakfast each day, with pleasant outdoor seating, had a small exercise room and an indoor pool and laundry facilities.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors, quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Albert Z, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott in Montgomeryville! We appreciate you staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here for a family member wedding recently. In four days, our room was changed three times. It was unpleasant and stressful considering the special event we were attending nearby. That last room we were put in was was acceptable, but we were down-graded from the room type we had reserved several months earlier. The breakfast buffet was hot & cold standard fare and there was always plenty of fresh coffee,tea and fruited iced water available in the lobby area. The location is near shopping and restaurants which are convenient. The front desk staff was not consistent from one employee to another, as if they were unaware of what each other was doing or had done, and did not work well as a team. There were also billing mix-ups that took time to work out manually during check-out. Just a note, we had the best burgers ever next door at "Uno Chicago Grill". Would we stay here again? No.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott in Montgomeryville and bringing our misscommunication issue to our attention. Please know we have been working hard to ensure that our team communicates accordingly.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here for one night with a baby while visiting a friend nearby and getting away for the weekend. The stay was decent and familiar, but the hotel was not one of my favorite Residence Inns. The staff wasn't unfriendly, but they weren't out-of-their-way friendly either. When I dropped off my key on my way out, the manager simply looked at me from behind the counter. When I pointed out a very large spider on the lobby floor, the front desk attendant didn't seem shocked and made no response other than an awkward smile. The hotel didn't seem the absolute cleanest, either. I could tell that our room was cleaned beforehand, but I'm not sure if the carpet was vacuumed or if the kitchenette floor was mopped. While I was having breakfast with my baby, I observed the same manager and a breakfast attendant opening cabinets along the buffet line to get jellies, etc...and I saw visible crumbs along the inside bottom of the cabinets. It ruined my appetite. We also saw the same manager scold a child sitting in the breakfast area for something...seemed like she was flipping the tv channels or sitting at the table too long when others were waiting for tables. I heard him say something about it being busy. I'm not sure, but he was loud and not the kindest. Other than these observations, the hotel did meet our needs, especially with a baby. The pack-n-play was perfect, as was having a refrigerator and freezer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank StickerShock
Albert Z, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your concerns and have addressed those issues with our Staff. We are certainly glad you have stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Montgomeryville PA and hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the Montgomeryville area!

The Residence Inn by Marriott Montgomeryville Team

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Booked this with a friend to attend an event for our children. We had four children with us. It was a good set up, 2 bedrooms each with it's own bathroom and kitchen/living area. Each room had a TV. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. Bathrooms were regular. Staff was friendly. Breakfast, except for the hot food (powdered eggs, packaged gravy), was good. Kids liked the pool, too bad the hot tub was closed. We would stay again if we needed the space, but I would try something else if I needed a regular room. I'm partial to Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott. We are very excited you enjoyed your stay.

The Residence Inn by Marriott Team

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Clean room and nice lobby area. Breakfast selections were better than average for this chain. Oatmeal was ready not instant, walnuts, raisins, blueberries available for oatmeal. Hot scrambled eggs plus all the standard stuff yogurt and waffles etc. Even though the room was clean there were ants in the kitchen. The bathroom floor had a lot of long black hair on it - not mine! The faucet in bath had a leak. I reported the issues to the front desk upon checkout but we only were there one night so I didn't see the corrections.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We have taken the time to train our housekepping staff on the importance of the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope that you will stay with us next time you're in the Montgomeryville area!

The Residence Inn by Marriott Team

Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!