“wedding weekend....terrible experiance”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“wedding weekend....terrible experiance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel for our wedding weekend so all of our guests could stay at the same location and have breakfast here Sunday morning. …..
Well things did not go as planned….
1. We reserved the private room for our wedding to have breakfast in; the hotel manager gave that to another party after giving it to us on our contract.
2. Our guests would call to try and reserve a room only to be told the hotel was completely booked. We would then find this out and call the hotel to try and fix the situation but the manager there would just explain that there are plenty of rooms open and he didn’t understand. If there are rooms why can’t my guests reserve them? Why am I getting more headaches because the staff isn’t knowledgeable of how many rooms are open and instead of checking they just say its booked.
3. Upon arriving Friday night I found out that our suite for the night after the wedding was given away. So we had to argue that we reserved this room over a year ago for this special night.
4. The staff was rude if you lost your key don’t expect to get another without 3 forms of identification.

If anyone else is staying in this area I hope this helps them and can prevent them from all the problems and headaches that the Courtyard by Marriott by Marriott Philadelphia Montgomeryville will give them.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank matt t
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
I am very sorry to hear you had problems and issues with your wedding block. We always want everyone to have a great stay with us so they come back again. For the use of the meeting room for a private brunch requires a signed contract just like a block of rooms. If a person calls after the cut off date or the block is filled yes this is true we don't have rooms. If a key card is not working yes we require ID but only one, a drivers license. This is the standard for most hotels around the world and is for the safety and security of our guests . Our hotel is currently ranked in the top 20% of all Courtyards worlwide for guest service scores. We take great pride in our hotel and service.There is not a day that goes by that I do not get a compliment on our friendly staff. Thank You
Brian P. Witman GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have made 10 trips to this property in 2012. What more need I say.

Brian Witman and his staff exponentially add to the amenities in this newly renovated property. I see them treating frequent and occasional guests with the same warmth and hospitality. I work in Horsham when I stay there but choose to drive the extra 5-10 minutes to work rather than stay in lesser properties nearer to work

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Brian W, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thank you for the kind words Mr. Peters we always appreciate good comments and bad. We take great pride in our service. A day doesn't go by that I don't get a comment on how friendly our staff is.

lewisburg, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

The rooms are nicely decorated, beds and bedding comfortable, a nice hotel for the money. I had a small problem when I arrived at 12:36 a.m., the room was paid for, I was very tired and I just wanted to check in and hit the sack. The front door was locked, but in the alcove they have a phone that automatically rings the desk area when you pick it up, a security feature. The problem was nobody answered! I used my cell phone to call the hotel number with one hand, had the alcove phone in the other hand, and no one answered!! I stood there for 15 moinutes just trying to get into the place, needless to say I wasn't happy. Finally the night clerk appeared from the right and apologized, although the apology should have been punctuated with a free breakfast or upgrade of some kind, although I didn't push the issue, shouldn't have had to. I was almost to the point of driving off to find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ramblinman
, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I am so sorry to hear that you had to wait that long to enter the hotel. We do lock the front doors for security reasons at that time of the night. This is company policy in almost all hotels. It should not take that long to anwser the phone though. The only way would be if the night auditor is delivering something to a room. It is always our goal for everyone to have a great stay with us so that they do come back and stay with us again. Yes, they could have given you a free breakfast or some type of compensation. I will be sure to go over this with the staff and once again I apologize for this great inconvenience.
Stamford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here for a soccer tournament nearby, and were pleasantly surprised by the decor and generally upscaled feeling of the hotel. Felt more like a nice Westin than a Marriott. Prior reviews criticized the breakfasts, but they were quite good for the price. Perhaps management took the criticism to heart. The room and bathroom were very clean, beds were comfortable, everything worked well except the internet was a little slow for my son who does a lot of quick website searches. Internet seemed fine for my needs, primarily checking email. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had ordered a rollaway for one night, and they responded quickly and efficiently when we called for it. All in all, an easy and comfortable stay. I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: There were two weddings during our stay, which we could tell by the goody bags waiting for arrival...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
We always appreciate positive feed back and we are glad your soccer team had a good time. Our goal always is for everyone to have a great stay so they come back again. The hotel has the perfect location for any team. Being close to all major highways and right across the street from a major mall. Also Chilis is connected to the hotel and any kind of restaurant you can think of is right around the corner. Last but not least don't forget about our indoor pool. We hope to see you and your team again real soon.

Montville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay while visiting relatives. Front desk staff were friendly and personable. Room was modern, clean and recently remodeled. Bed was comfortable and there were enough pillows for two people. Shower worked great, toiletries were average, hair dryer was average, enough towels for two people. Internet worked fine except for near the windows of the breakfast cafe. Location was great and it was convenient to have a restaurant next door. Tried the breakfast which was average for the price. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at the North Wales Marriott Courtyard for five days over the Easter holidays. The room was clean and recently remodeled with new carpeting. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. Located right beside a major mall and Route 309, it is convenient to everything. The only complaint we had was that they do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We purchased their buffet the first night, but were disappointed in the price and quality and did not eat there the rest of our stay. The rooms do have a small refrigerator, and coffee and tea is always available.

Will stay here again as the price is much better than the nearby Marriott Residence Inn. The Inn, however, does have excellent breakfasts and even substantial evening snacks on weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled floor or wing.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
The hotel definetely has a great location. Yes we are directly across the street from a mall and alot of strip malls all around us. Restaurants anything you can think of just a stone throw away. I am sorry to hear about your experience with breakfast. But I thank you for your comment and will definetely look in to it. Unfortunately yes Courtyard's do not include breakfast within the rate unless you book it ahead of time and choose that rate plan. Hope to see to you next time over the holiday's.

Brian P. witman
Santa Fe, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a typical Marriott Courtyard, no better and no worse than others in the chain. The front desk personnel were extremely pleasant, the shower worked perfectly, the wireless Internet was strong and free, the blackout curtains did their job well, the toiletries were average, the beds were comfortable, and breakfast was not included in the price of the room. No surprises and that’s a good thing. Two nearby culinary delights worth mentioning: Pumpernick’s Deli across the street with the best free pickle selection ever, and Ooka Japanese restaurant on the other side of the mall with some of the best sushi I’ve had in a long time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Our hotel is centrally located to everything. From a mall across the street to restaurants all around us. We also have Chili's attached to the hotel so they don't even have to go outside. They also deliver room service to the rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!