“Loved this place”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting friends in the area. We loved that it was right across the street from the mall which we took advantage of several times!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and easy. The rooms were good size and beds were very comfortable. The free wifi worked great and the bathrooms were also a good size with great water pressure.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lawheel
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

As always we appreciate everyone's comment whether they are good or bad. The hotel is in a great location especially since we are right across the street from a major mall. All the guests love this and the fact that we are surrounded by any restaurant under the sun. On top of all of that, next year we wilo have a Wegmans right across the street at the mall.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Due to a funeral, my wife and I stayed at the Courtyard, Montgomeryville. All in all it was a very pleasant, we requested and received an early check-in and a feather free room. The room was neat and spotless and the hotel staff were friendly and courteous. We would have rated the hotel excellent, however, the small square bed pillows were VERY firm. I guess something gets lost in the change from down to non-allergenic pillows. But that aside it was a very pleasing experience.

Room Tip: If you require non-allergenic bedding you may want to bring your own pillows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

We thank you for the many kind words. Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide. I get a comment almost every day on how friendly our staff is. The hotel ranks very high with cleanliness scores from Marriott Corp. Service and cleanliness is what keeps guests coming back. That is always our goal, that guests have a great stay with us so they come back again.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel from Dec 6th-Dec 9th.Great location and the people that work in the hotel are very courteous.Only complaint is the small saltwater swimming pool is freezing cold if it is supposed to be heated they keep the heat very low in the pool.Also the pool depth is only 4 feet it is like a large baby pool.Also walls are a little thin heard the banging of doors early in the morning like 7 am.This is why I cannot give the hotel the highest rating.Rooms are nice and spacious bathrooms are very clean and the location is excellent right across from a mall and near many restaurants and shopping areas.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 1st floor as it is noisy get an upper level room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

it is always great to hear such great comments. We always want our guests to feel like it is their home away from home. Marriott Corp. has a great rewards program and that is another reason why people stay so loyal to the brand. Our breakfast buffet is larger than any other brand within Marriott and that includes Belguim waffles and omletes cooked to order. Our sleeping rooms are larger then most Courtyards which appeals very much to the business travler or leisure guest.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I usually had to go to North Wales, PA for work with my old job (very recently switched jobs), and have been thankful that my old company had a standard rate with Marriott.

Staff: Very friendly staff, in fact, the staff talked me into signing up for Marriott rewards and I'm glad that I did (racking up the points!). I would typically leave early in the morning and return late at night due to the grueling hours of work. No matter the time of day, I was always greeted with a smile and was sometimes asked how my day went. I know the receptionist has better things to do, but it's nice to hear that every once in a while from a complete stranger (whether they have to or not). Checking in and out was always quick and they would always allow me to check-in early.

Food: I'm not a fan of eating hotel food, but I always ate the breakfast here. I would usually just work right through lunch, so I made sure that every morning, I would have a big breakfast. I usually went with some Belgian waffles, eggs, and a bowl of fruit -- it hit the spot and gave me the energy I needed for my day.

Room: Like I do with all hotels I stay at, I checked the beds for bed bugs and every corner of the room for insects; my inspection was good and everything turned out to be clean. The beds were comfortable and the room had plenty of lighting. In addition, there is also a microwave, mini refrigerator, and a flat panel TV with HD channels. The hotel also provides internet, however, I have found it to be particularly slow. In fact, I would sometimes use my Verizon Mifi mobile hotspot instead of the hotels internet.

Bathroom: No complaints here. Complimentary soap, shampoo, lotion, and conditioner for those that may have forgotten to pack something. My last visit, I forgot to bring a razor and the hotel provided me with one - it was much appreciated. The shower was always hot and the shower head always had a good amount of pressure.

Recreation: If I had time, I would always try to take advantage of the exercise room. The room itself is not large, but it's good enough if you want to release some stress from the day. During the warm season, I would always take my laptop outside and sit in the courtyard - very comforting. The hotel also has a pool, but I never took advantage of it.

The one thing I always had issues with was parking. I would usually come back late from work and the lot would be completely full and I always ended up parking at Chili's. So if you want a spot, try to get back to the hotel by 10PM.

Note: If you're driving from this hotel to the airport (PHL), leave 3 hours early and take the BLUE ROUTE! You will be stuck in traffic, but not as bad as you would if you take I-76. The first time I stayed here, I took I-76 back to the airport and missed my flight because it took me 2.5 hours to drive 40 miles - learn from my mistake.

Bottom Line: If you're in North Wales for whatever reason and need a hotel to stay at, I recommend this Marriott Courtyard. I stayed here several times for work and was never disappointed. I always had a good nights sleep and they have curtains that close all the way to block outside lighting (not all hotels do!).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

We always love to hear from guests that stayed with us whether it is good or bad. I am very lucky to have such a great staff. I don't go a day without getting a comment on how friendly our staff is. The hotel has great scores from guests surveys with cleanliness and service. The hotel just went through an extensive room renovation this year. Our hotel has a great location centrally located to all the restaurants in the area and a major mall right across the street.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Check in was simple and easy, lobby was nice size and cleanliness was noticed upon entering hotel.
Front desk person was really polite and even helped me find some stores open on thanksgiving morning to get lunch.
Room was really put together nicely. Sufficient desk/work area, and nice king comfortable bed. Looked to be recently updated, but well maintained outside of a leaky toilet. Bathroom was a nice size, and again laid out well.
A little bar area fit perfectly behind the headboard of the bed, with coffee maker and fridge (nice touch!)

I have to say that someone needs to invent a hotel door closing system that doesnt slam! Friday morning starting at 8am room doors slammed for the next couple hours. I couldnt tell if it was housekeeping or people leaving for the day. I understand they set them up to make sure they close behind you when you leave, but when you dont want them to lock and move the metal latch in front, it makes one HECK of a noise. My wife and I were exhausted from our trip, and just wanted to sleep in a bit, this made it almost impossible.

Overall, since we were there visiting relatives, it will now be MY hotel of choice each visit.....unless something changes (which i hope not!!)
Nicely done Marriott!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe B
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

The hotel just went through renovations this year in the sleeping rooms. This was a great product before and now even better. We take great pride in our service and we truly do have a great staff. As general manager, I get comments almost everyday how friendly our staff is. Concerning the guest room doors, not much can be done other than adjusting the door closure. I will definitely have my maintenance person look into this. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Montgomeryville.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Montogeryville is perfect if this is where you need to be in Montgomery County. I had my second stay at this hotel for a business meeting in the area and for 3 nights, I was comfortable in a very central location. The hotel is showing a bit of age in the rooms based upon my previous stay as the bathroom grout and caulking is in need of a bit of repair but the balance of the room was very clean and tidy. I was given an adjoining room and the gentleman next to me was easily heard on the phone and watching tv. When my TV was on, this was not an issue and luckily he was not up late. The free internet is fast! Unusual in a hotel and very welcomed. There is a nice workout room and pool but unfortunately I didn't have time to try either. The front desk folks were all courtious and friendly, thank you kindly to them! The bed and pillows wonderfully soft. The Paul Mitchell toiletries are a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NYCTravelMan
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you so much for the nice comments. Our hotel does have a great location and is also right across from a major mall. Also we are surrounded by all the major chain restaurants and then some great independent ones. We actually work on the caulking and grout on a weekly basis as part of the preventive maintenance program. I hope you continue to use our hotel for your business needs.

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Huge rooms! Separate bedroom, office/tv room, dressing room and bathroom. Closets, two sinks, outlets everywhere. Clean. Free wi-fi. Across the street from the mall. And next to Chilli's restaurant! The hotel's room service is through Chilli's as well. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pklemans

Thank you so much for the many kind words. It is truly a very nice and unique touch having Chili's connected to the hotel and then them offering room service. You could say it is like staying at a full service hotel. Alot of people like the added feature especially when the weather is bad.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!