“Average small town Marriott”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for business on a short trip. Room and bed were up to the usual standard. Nothing particularly good, bad or different compared to typical small town Marriott hotels. There is a Chili's restaurant attached to the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

We thank you for your comment good or bad. Our staff and hotel can always improve by comments.Chilis is connected to the hotel and they do deliver room service. We are also right across the street from a major mall.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Everything started out fine and then on the last day of my stay at hotel pipes burst in below zero weather at 2 in the morning. Hotel had to be evacuated and the front desk sent us to a hotel where they did not have available rooms. Eventually we found a room at another hotel and when I called marriott for reimbursement for my stay at another hotel they stated they could not help. I eventually called my credit card company to get a refund

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We thank you for your comments. It is important that we receive these so we can learn from them. Yes, it was a major evacuation that no one plans for. The sprinkler pipe in the lobby froze from the extremely cold weather. We are very sorry that we missed the rebate on your bill. As a hotel, it is always our goal for you to have a great experience and come back again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is nice and in a nice area because you are close to stores and restaurants. However, the staff is rude and inconsiderate. I attempted to reserve a block of rooms at this hotel for my wedding. I reserved 10 rooms, but whenever my guests would call to reserve rooms they would be told then had already filled up and would be rushed off the phone. After 3 separate guests of mine had been told this I called and was told that I was wrong and that none of my rooms were filled. I then tried to call the property sales manager who had reserved the rooms for me and he failed to answer his phone, return my message, or return a follow up email. Needless to say, I canceled the reserved rooms and went to a Hampton Inn which was a very pleasant experience. The inconsiderate nature of their employees is truly horrible and you are never able to speak to the same person twice because they have so many people working the phones. Each person will tell you something different and most of the time it is incorrect. I would strongly suggest looking somewhere else for hotel accommodations.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greens21
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

We always like to see comments whether they are good or bad. Our hotel and staff can always improve on service and learn from these comments. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the calls and the no call back. I will definitely look into this and make neccessary changes.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was here 5 nights. The hotel is very close to eating places, clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I would highly recomend this motel. Meets all the standards of Mariott Hotels. Service staff were very good. Received several Fax's and they were handled properly. great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We thank you for the many kind words. Our staff takes great pride in the service we provide. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay here last week. Originally we had a problem with the reservation line due to bad cell coverage hours before getting on the flight east. We were told the room was not available for the first night at the garanteed rate but was for the remaining two nights. Once we landed, I was able to contact the reservation number and all was resolved. We were greeted warmly at the front desk after a long red eye flight and were able to get into the room early. The king bed was perfect, the sofa bed mattress was just ok for the kids. We stayed 3 nights, used the lobby area a few times to eat and talk with family. We never ate at the buffett or at the Chili's next door. Our stay was enjoyable and i would reccommend this Hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

We thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always great to hear the good and the bad so we can improve. Some people will leave and not tell us if anything is wrong. Hope to see you real soon on your next trip to Pa.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I used to live in this area and am familiar with this hotel. I booked it because it was close to where I needd to be (court case) and my kids. Room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was terrible. Your best bet for a decent breakfast is across RT 309 to Pumperdinks. I spent over $10 for a omelet that was crap and a bagel that I had to make. Lousy set up and the coffee was bad too. I'll stay elsewhere next time. And they charged $150 a night. Ridiculous!

Room Tip: If you have too, I would choose a first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

We thank you for your response whether it is good or bad. The hotel can always improve and through comments we learn . For our rates, that is the going rate for this region and it is all about the demand, Our hotel ranks in the top 20% of all Courtyards around the world.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed at this Hotel from June 19-24. Room had a high level of cleanliness, In addition to the breakfast buffet, you can order form the menu hotcakes, waffles, omelettes, prices were reasonable. Good location with a mall across the street, easy access to highways. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only noise was from a softball team that roomed next door, The coaches put an end to the noise! the elevators were adequate for a 4 story building. I was in a room on the road side of the hotel; no noise from traffic. A restful, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Safirehov
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

We thank you for the many kind words. Our hotel prides itself on giving great service and yes the hotel is in a great location. Alot of our guests actually walk across the street to the mall.

Thanks again

Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!