“Less Impressed than Previous Visit”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second straight year staying at this hotel and I must say my expectations were a too little high for the return. The place is still very clean with and the room (and property itself) was attractive enough with plenty of cable channels, but I was less thrilled this time around. We had destinations in both Doylestown and Horsham, so Courtyard's location is decent.

The desk staff seemed somewhat less interested and helpful than last year. We checked in and even though our booking stated a sleeper couch (and there were clearly three of us), we got a room with a chair. This was remedied by a more competent employee, fortunately, but as it turned out the sleeper couch was so uncomfortable (again, unlike last year) that our daughter had to squeeze into the king bed with us anyway.

We had previously thought the rooms were relatively sound proof, but this proved not to be so, as we woke up at 6am Sunday morning to many doors closing and voices in the hallway that we heard quite loudly.

We did not end up trying the pool, but the fitness room was adequate, although the water wasn't dispensing and the room was warm.

What struck me as a value last year, did not seem like such a great value this year. It looked to be the same price to stay at the Hampton Inn in Warrington (although it included breakfast, unlike this one), and while I picked Courtyard because of our good experience last year, I think Hampton could be our destination on our next trip. Courtyard is still a viable choice, but Hampton could be our better value especially since it's closer to Doylestown and probably closer to Horsham.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, ask for ground floor since there are no carts for the tiny elevator. If...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We thank you for your many comments good and bad. The staff and hotel can always improve and with comments we can learn from. We do actually have two luggage carts that fit into the elevator right in the lobby. No Courtyard around the world has free breakfast. We hope you make the right decision to this area the next time. Feel free to reach out to me.

brian.witman@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The whole hotel set up seemed a bit strange, non-standard to me. My room was very small, on the first floor by the door/stairs, lots of noise, not sure if from the people above me or the stair/door use. When you walk in, the lobby was very crowded with the dinning area close by. My room was very narrow with a pull out TV on the side, a bit awkward to view. I was there for a wedding and thus did not eat any of their food. Overall price was OK. People at the front desk friendly and the area is next to a big shopping mall, appeared to be very safe, Chilies Resturant next door too.

Room Tip: Get a mid level room. My end of hall room seemed to be updated but the tiles had cracks, the shower...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We thank you for your comments. The rooms of the hotel were just renovated two years ago and the lobby will happen this year. The hotel has a great location and is close to anything you can think of. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott three times in the past 2 months and have previously stayed at this property several times before. It's in a very convenient location for my company's office nearby. After staying at another similar hotel across the way, I decided to return to the Courtyard because I like my room cleaned and sheets/towels replaced daily. The other hotel does not offer this service. It is a hotel and with the many people sleeping in the same bed night after night, I'm more comfortable knowing there are clean sheets/pillowcases provided daily. The hotel is still looking very clean although could begin with some updating in the rooms. One room on the second floor had a cracked sink and several cracked tiles in the bathroom. Otherwise the rooms were spotless with toiletries provided, nice towels, very comfortable bed and duvet, large screen tv and coffee maker. A small refrigerator is provided as well. The front desk folks couldn't be nicer. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NYCTravelMan

We thank you for the many comments and always appreciate the good and bad. Our team takes great pride in the service we provide. Hope to see you on your next trip and welcome back.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here 2 nights as we were moving out of their area. I was pleased by this hotel. It was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. The staff here was very friendly and I was overall happy with my experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 005Liz
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Our staff and management strive to be the best we can. The scores for the hotel show it and within all Courtyards around the world we are above brand average. We always want our hotel to be clean and sparkling so they come back again. Next time you are in town we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for the weekend with our nieces and had an exciting time. We were able to go in their pool and jacuzzi and were their only ones in there. We loves the spacious rooms and everything was completely clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kdmm13

We at the Courtyard staff and management are glad you had a good time with your family. This is always our goal that you have a great stay so you come back again. Hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for business on a short trip. Room and bed were up to the usual standard. Nothing particularly good, bad or different compared to typical small town Marriott hotels. There is a Chili's restaurant attached to the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

We thank you for your comment good or bad. Our staff and hotel can always improve by comments.Chilis is connected to the hotel and they do deliver room service. We are also right across the street from a major mall.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Everything started out fine and then on the last day of my stay at hotel pipes burst in below zero weather at 2 in the morning. Hotel had to be evacuated and the front desk sent us to a hotel where they did not have available rooms. Eventually we found a room at another hotel and when I called marriott for reimbursement for my stay at another hotel they stated they could not help. I eventually called my credit card company to get a refund

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We thank you for your comments. It is important that we receive these so we can learn from them. Yes, it was a major evacuation that no one plans for. The sprinkler pipe in the lobby froze from the extremely cold weather. We are very sorry that we missed the rebate on your bill. As a hotel, it is always our goal for you to have a great experience and come back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!