“Everything you want, Nothing that's not.”

Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North Wales
COLUMBUS OHIO
“Everything you want, Nothing that's not.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Atchung, not every GPS gets this address right, so make sure you seek the Chili's at Montgomeryville Mall, which is right next door.
This is a fairly standard Courtyard, clean and well laid out lobby and rooms. Free WiFi, comfy beds and pillows.
Only meal available was breakfast and that was a bit patchy...but acceptable.
Otherwise Staff friendly & helpful.
Noisy near the elevators and first floor. Ask for a room on the higher floors away from elevators.
Located near to Staples/Office Depot/Best Buy which was convenient.
Good business travel hotel. I'll be back. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
We thank you for the many kind words. Yes our hotel has a great location and any kind of restaurant you can think of is around us. I always say I am very blessed to have a great staff like this.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at Mariotts before and have always enjoyed myself, but after this experience with this hotel I have zero intentions of staying with them. I booked a block of 20 rooms for my wedding party and they were telling my guest that the hotel was full and there was no room for them 2 weeks before the block was expired. Not all 20 of my rooms were filled so they lied to my guests who then ended up not getting rooms for our wedding. Then my guests who did get rooms did not get the rooms they asked for. People for asked for 2 queen beds got 1 king and vice versa. They wanted us to change rooms in the middle when we had consecutive nights. When we went to swap rooms between guests the lady at the front desk seemed uninformed and unwilling to help and told us to come back at another time to deal with it. They lost a reservation for one of my guests. Then the night after my wedding house keeping came to my room at 9:05 and told me they wanted to clean in an hour, basically kicking us out of the room when checkout was at noon. I have never been so unhappy with a hotel and I am typically easy to please. Aside from their AWFUL costumer service the hotel appeared clean, the rooms were fine but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Samhill9887
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Here at the hotel we always love to hear comments good or bad. The staff and hotel can always improve on something. I am very sorry to hear you had so many problems and I apologize. We always want every wedding block of rooms to be great. Just like a guest staying with us we want that stay to be great so they come back again. I will be reaching out to you personally for these concerns. Once again I apologize and look forward to talking to you.
brian.witman@marriott.com
Frederick, MD
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second straight year staying at this hotel and I must say my expectations were a too little high for the return. The place is still very clean with and the room (and property itself) was attractive enough with plenty of cable channels, but I was less thrilled this time around. We had destinations in both Doylestown and Horsham, so Courtyard's location is decent.

The desk staff seemed somewhat less interested and helpful than last year. We checked in and even though our booking stated a sleeper couch (and there were clearly three of us), we got a room with a chair. This was remedied by a more competent employee, fortunately, but as it turned out the sleeper couch was so uncomfortable (again, unlike last year) that our daughter had to squeeze into the king bed with us anyway.

We had previously thought the rooms were relatively sound proof, but this proved not to be so, as we woke up at 6am Sunday morning to many doors closing and voices in the hallway that we heard quite loudly.

We did not end up trying the pool, but the fitness room was adequate, although the water wasn't dispensing and the room was warm.

What struck me as a value last year, did not seem like such a great value this year. It looked to be the same price to stay at the Hampton Inn in Warrington (although it included breakfast, unlike this one), and while I picked Courtyard because of our good experience last year, I think Hampton could be our destination on our next trip. Courtyard is still a viable choice, but Hampton could be our better value especially since it's closer to Doylestown and probably closer to Horsham.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, ask for ground floor since there are no carts for the tiny elevator. If...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We thank you for your many comments good and bad. The staff and hotel can always improve and with comments we can learn from. We do actually have two luggage carts that fit into the elevator right in the lobby. No Courtyard around the world has free breakfast. We hope you make the right decision to this area the next time. Feel free to reach out to me.

brian.witman@marriott.com
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The whole hotel set up seemed a bit strange, non-standard to me. My room was very small, on the first floor by the door/stairs, lots of noise, not sure if from the people above me or the stair/door use. When you walk in, the lobby was very crowded with the dinning area close by. My room was very narrow with a pull out TV on the side, a bit awkward to view. I was there for a wedding and thus did not eat any of their food. Overall price was OK. People at the front desk friendly and the area is next to a big shopping mall, appeared to be very safe, Chilies Resturant next door too.

Room Tip: Get a mid level room. My end of hall room seemed to be updated but the tiles had cracks, the shower...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
We thank you for your comments. The rooms of the hotel were just renovated two years ago and the lobby will happen this year. The hotel has a great location and is close to anything you can think of. Hope to see you again

New York City
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott three times in the past 2 months and have previously stayed at this property several times before. It's in a very convenient location for my company's office nearby. After staying at another similar hotel across the way, I decided to return to the Courtyard because I like my room cleaned and sheets/towels replaced daily. The other hotel does not offer this service. It is a hotel and with the many people sleeping in the same bed night after night, I'm more comfortable knowing there are clean sheets/pillowcases provided daily. The hotel is still looking very clean although could begin with some updating in the rooms. One room on the second floor had a cracked sink and several cracked tiles in the bathroom. Otherwise the rooms were spotless with toiletries provided, nice towels, very comfortable bed and duvet, large screen tv and coffee maker. A small refrigerator is provided as well. The front desk folks couldn't be nicer. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NYCTravelMan
We thank you for the many comments and always appreciate the good and bad. Our team takes great pride in the service we provide. Hope to see you on your next trip and welcome back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights as we were moving out of their area. I was pleased by this hotel. It was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. The staff here was very friendly and I was overall happy with my experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 005Liz
Brian W, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Our staff and management strive to be the best we can. The scores for the hotel show it and within all Courtyards around the world we are above brand average. We always want our hotel to be clean and sparkling so they come back again. Next time you are in town we look forward to serving you again.

Bronx, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for the weekend with our nieces and had an exciting time. We were able to go in their pool and jacuzzi and were their only ones in there. We loves the spacious rooms and everything was completely clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kdmm13
We at the Courtyard staff and management are glad you had a good time with your family. This is always our goal that you have a great stay so you come back again. Hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wales
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville? Share your experiences!