“Great IPA swlectuon”
Review of The Pour House

The Pour House
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in North Wales
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Description: Pour one more! Starting with the original Pour House in Westmont, NJ we’ve now grown to locations in Exton, PA and North Wales, PA. You can always find an extensive, ever-changing lineup of craft beer on tap and there’s always something fresh in the firkin. We’re always shucking oysters at our raw bar, but if you want to get your oyster fix for cheap, stop in on Wednesdays for our Buck-a-Shuck special. #ABetterBeerBar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice bar with lot of IPA and other beer from the draft. Tried couple of different IPA's, all very good recommendation by the waitress.
Nice food and good service

Management P, Manager at The Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the review! You must have great taste in beer!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

When the Pour House opened a few years ago a friend warned us off. There’s enough good places to eat on that strip of 309/202 that we could get by but after two years I thought they must have had a chance to fix the problems our friend had warned us of and we’d give it a try. Maybe we should have given them three years.

The decor is...odd. Done in lots of reddish woods on the walls floor, tables and booths it gives a warm rural country feel that is jarringly at odds with the art work hanging on the walls which is classic rock, as is the music playing almost too faintly to be heard over the sound system. Add on a large number of TV’s that were on sports channels no one would care about –really, we’re outside Philly, why are you showing a Red Sox game?- and the feeling was less warm and friendly than ,well not quite psychotic but slightly off the meds.

The ambient noise level was loud but this wasn’t a problem. It wasn’t too bad but seems to be the sound of a happy community. Not a place for a romantic dinner but casual dining or a group of friends and it’s just fine.

They have a large number of beers, wines and cocktails which are good but they seemed a little slow in getting out just a beer and i noticed my beer glass do not have the place name on it as shown in the above pics.The menu is fairly priced and seems to be bar food that has been given a little kick up.

My wife and I started with sharing a plate of buffalo wings in a porter sauce. meaty, juicy, in a BBQ sauce that had just a bit of heat they were very good but it was around here that things started to go downhill.

Most places that give you wings also understand they are messy and give you wet-knaps or extra napkins. Uh, not here. Before I could eat anything else I had to hunt out the men’s room to wash off my hands as the table set up only had a single paper napkin each and there was no sign of extras.

My wife had the chicken and orange salad and was surprised it was tart. I had the spicy fried chicken sandwich with string fries. The fries had a quality I will politely call rubbery. The texture was such that they seemed to be made as an exercise for chewing. The sandwich was even more…odd.

It was a very large piece of fried chicken, well cooked on a hamburger bun. That is all it was. It was well cooked but there was nothing else on it, no lettuce, tomato, no spread or sauce and the bun looked like a hamburger bun you’d get at any supermarket. Also the chicken was not, as any normal person would expect, a flat piece or a patty type affair. It was a large weirdly shaped piece of fried chicken placed between two pieces of a cheap bun. it didn’t lie flat so much as sat there requiring me to each bits of chicken away until the were enough left to put flat.

It was, to be fair, very well cooked fried chicken but I can only liken it to asking for a ham sandwich and instead of thin strips someone put cubed lumps of very well cooked ham between bread and nothing else.

We didn’t have a bad time per say but it was odd and little disconcerting and the service left much to be desired, not to say the waitress wasn’t good but just the whole procedures, like no extra napkins for the wings, and the inconsistent view of what the look was supposed to be, left a rather off putting feeling and in an area with so many good place to eat right there, neither of us see a reason to return to the Pour House any time soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate here and had a beer with lunch. We each got a burger and the bill was about 50 dollars. We thought that was a little high for lunchtime. But overall the staff was great, the food was very good and the place was clean. I think this place leans more toward a younger crowd. It's a hip place. It's fun for a girls night too though.

Management P, Manager at The Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thanks Mandy! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Beer just OK. Food was just OK. Service was good. It was a disappointing second night in my new home. Probably won’t be back.

Management P, General Manager at The Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hello mkrcox. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to our establishment. I would love to talk with you so we can improve on anything we did wrong during your visit. Our goal is always to provide a great experience and I apologize that you didn't enjoy your visit. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time to discuss (267)645-4000. We welcome to the area and I hope I get the chance to speak with you soon.

Thanks,
Joe Wittman

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Food and service was very good. I would definitely go here again. They have a really good beer selection and signature cocktails are good also

Management P, Manager at The Pour House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thanks so much for dining with us and for the kind review. Looking forward to having you back soon, Michelle!