Splash Magic Campground
Econo Lodge & Suites(Shamokin Dam)
US$60
US$148
US$130
Hampton.com
US$83
US$91
Priceline
All Suites Inn Budget Host(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
US$70
Priceline
Comfort Suites Lewisburg(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$108
ComfortSuites
US$96
US$89
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$99
US$97
Country Inn
All reviewsbumper boatssplash magiccamp storeride bikesfun weekthe dragoncamping tripchildren's poolminiature golftent sitescamp groundsnack shackquiet hoursloved the adult poolper daynice campgroundbasketball court
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I have read the reviews & can empathize with them all. However, we have been camping at this park before it was called "Splash Magic" ...it was then a "Yogi". We have NEVER had an issue with the staff, facility, equipment or activities. We are always treated very well by the people in the office & in the campground. the service staff (maint., lifeguards, activities) have all been great. We always try to include this campground when making our annual reservations for the spring/summer/fall, but we can rarely find room for the holidays at this campground as they book up.... We're going again this weekend (June 12 to 14, 2009) and we expect a great experience, as we always have in the past. When I read reviews, I often wonder why some people complain about decisions THEY make that THEY did not enjoy. As far as we're concernd, this is a great campground. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be so busy.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2008

Four families from our camping group spent Labor Day weekend at Splash Magic in PA. Aside from the site price being to much for what you get, everything else is over priced as well. Also, they do not mind ripping off children from their allowance. On Friday you could buy a 4 day pass for the activies for $20. My 11 year old son (who saves his allowance for activites when we camp) asked at the camp store on Saturday NIGHT if there was any way to get a pass for just Sunday. The clerk at the desk said ,No, there was not any one day passes and if he wanted it he would have to pay $20. After much consideration, my son then decided that he would put the money out. He got his pass and rode a Banana bike for about 30 minutes because it was closing. The next day after Church, I was in the camp store where I heard them selling ONE DAY PASSES for the activites for $7.00!!! I talked to the clerk about it and explained the situation and asked if he could be refunded some of his money. She said, "No". I then asked to talk to the owner and he said, "Oh well". Any decent person would have realzed that the CHILD was lied to and also taken advantage of. That is sad. I guess they do not care about their guests AFTER they get their money. I also guess they do not care if people come back. The other kicker was that half of the rentals were either broken or not available. So eventhought it was unlimited, they were not available.
I should also add that the staff (aside from the people at the boat and bike rentals) were rude and miserable. I guess they treat their employees the same way they treat their guests. Maybe they are tired of being ripped off too!
There were kids all over and no rules at all, so there were kids almost getting hit by cars all over the campground, people screaming all day at eachother and they allow gas powered golf carts which the fumes made everyone gag. There is no direction signs on any of the streets, so there were many traffic jams because the streets aren't wide enough for 2 trucks to get by eachother, let alone 2 trucks with campers attached. It was a mad house. If you are looking for a safe, friendly, family campground, where you can relax and enjoy your time without getting ripped off and your children aren't taken advantage of, then look some place other than Splash Magic. There are many other campgrounds in the area where you actually get what you pay for.
THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU CAMP HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank KMB31672
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We just returned last night from Splash Magic Campground, where I had booked a two bedroom - 6 person RV for the weekend. This place came highly recommended by my friend who takes her kids there every year for the mid-week deal. They go Monday - Friday. I decided to give it a try because Knoebel's Campground was booked and we wanted to go to that area to spend a day at Knoebels.

So - on Friday we left our home outside of Philadelphia and headed straight to Knoebel's - where we spent the entire day until 8:00pm. We then left for the 30 minute drive to Splash Magic. It was an easy drive and we got there just fine.
We checked in and made our way - carefully, as there are tons of kids around, to our RV. The RV was what we expected. We had RN11 - which was two bedrooms both with queen size beds, each room had a bathroom, a kitchenette and a tv area. The outside area had a picnic table and a charcoal grill.

The way it works at Splash Magic is you buy activity passes. $12 for a weekend pass a person. This covers mini-golf, bikes, boat rentals ?? I think I a missing something. So my family of 4 spent $48 on these activity passes for the weekend. But we weren't there Friday and we left on Sunday morning. My husband didn't use his pass AT ALL. I played mini-golf once with my boys and my oldest son rented a bike a couple of times on Saturday. We wanted to rent the surrey bike - but it was broken and the other family bike was always rented out. My youngest boy - who is 2 - couldn't really use the bikes offered. So I guess I was a little mad at myself for buying all of us passes - when I should have only bought a pass for my eldest.

The other thing that bothered me was that they had an "Old Fashioned Pig Roast" dinner on Saturday night - which was extra $. We expected something fun. What we got was a quiet dinner, buffet style - under the pavilion. No music, no anything. The food was ok - no dessert, and the only drinks served was water and ice tea. It was unclear if you could go up for seconds - we chose not to. It was very disappointing. I really wish we had used our kitchen or grill to do dinner ourselves.

Then we went to the luau party. This would have been fine - there were no drinks or food - just a band - which was fine, but my oldest child was in pain from participating in the foam party earlier by the pool - and rubbing his eyes with soap in them. He had a total meltdown and we left to calm him down. We had promised a campfire that night - so it would be a little earlier because we weren't staying at the party. However- the campfire almost didn't happen because the store was closed at 8pm. I was shocked because it was open the night before until 9pm. anyway - they let us pay for the wood - but wouldn't sell us a bag of marshmallows. I was devastated - this vacation was not what I had in mind. The marshmallows were right there on the other side of the door, the door was open, they were inside and wouldn't sell me a bag of marshmallows. I was very upset. My kids were really upset.

We ended up having our campfire and putting our kids to bed and agreeing to leave first thing Sunday morning. I wasn't going to spend another penny at this place. So that is what we did. We ended up eating at some diner on the way to Knoebels.

The RV for two nights was $300. (that includes tax)
The activity passes - $48
Breakfast - $22
Lunch - $25
"Pig Roast" - $30+?? (can't remember - have to check records)
Painting Ceramics - $12

Some good - my eldest and I did the ceramics - which he loved. It wouldn't impress you if you ever paint at a ceramics store - but for a kid it was great. The bikes were fun for my eldest. The pool was fun - but note - the kiddie splash pool is not heated so that was rough on us adults. It also tasted funny. I don't normally taste pool water - but I chased my kid under the mushroom so the water was all over my face. It was nasty. The hot-tub was not really hot - but that didn't really bother me so much. And the foam party by the pool was so much fun for my kid - I just wish he hadn't rubbed his eyes so much!

I don't know. It was my birthday this past weekend - and I had my hopes up for a great birthday and a fun time - but every time I turned around at Splash Magic - I felt like I was losing money.

My major recommendation is that if you go here - you go for a week. Get use out of that activity pass. If you go for a weekend - I wouldn't get the activity pass and I would cook my own dinners and breakfast. Lunch was nice by the pool. Also - there are plenty of other campgrounds that aren't as expensive.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank bpilko
Reviewed 20 November 2007

splash magic is a nice campground for families. Its clean and it has a lot of things to do for the kids .Like riding bikes that the campground provides but you have to pay and it has crafts for kids and adults it has golf to play also.But the must nice thing is the pools it has a big nice pool for the kids and a pool for adults and also has a jacuzzy for the adults too. The trailers and the cabins are beatiful and very clean. The only thing i did not like that there was a big family reunion and some of them kept walking in our site. other than that everything was fine . The staff is also very nice .

Reviewed 24 August 2007

We stayed in one of the rental "rv" units. This place is so old and abused its really ridiculous. The unit was panel with plastic mattresses and a sofa and chair that were completely stained and obviously had not been replaced in many years. The place is literally swimming with kids, riding bikes, walking, playing, riding their peddle bikes all over the place. Its white trash central. There is a pool (heated) game room, miniature golf, and snack bar. Some of the sites on the river are really nice. We stayed here while we had to take our son to college at Susquehanna University and needed to bring our dog. They accepted dogs at the "rental rv" unit. We paid $120 a night with a $30 dog cleaning fee. The night prior to that in NY we paid $79 a night at a Best Western that allowed pets with a $10 pet cleaning fee, so their fees are really out of line. Go to a Best Western, at least its somewhat updated and modern!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family