“Can't Wait to Go Back!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northumberland
Splash Magic Campground
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Was really nervous about going to Splash Magic after reading reviews here on trip advisor. Boy, those negative people were so wrong!!! There is so much for the kids to do here, we all had a great time. Had several conversations with the owner who was very talkative and polite. None of the employees were rude, in fact they were quite the opposite. Always smiling and polite!!! We had such a good time that we are going back again this summer and probably every summer here on.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2010

My family and I had a great time at Splash Magic. We stayed June 20-24. The campground was clean and full of fun activities for the entire family. I read some other reviews that said the staff was unfriendly, I did not find this at all. We found the staff to be very friendly and eager to help in anyway. I did read a review stating Ron, the owner, was not a nice person. We can not comment on that since we did not encounter him. I did not see or hear anyone complaining about how the campground was run. In fact, any guests we spoke with were very happy and pleased with their stay.
My daughters, age 4 and 3 had a blast. They loved the Dragon Wagon, ceramics, the pool, and everything else the campground had to offer. We found the pool and surrounding areas to be clean and we had a blast at the pool.
We stayed in a rental rv and found it to be clean. The only issue we had was the front door was very hard to close. Other then that, we enjoyed the stay in the rental rv. It had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable considering we can not afford our own rv. The tv didn't have a bunch of channels, just a few, but we did not have an issue with that since we were there to enjoy the campground not watch tv. We did bring our laptop so when we were cooking dinner we played some dvds for the kids to keep them busy. It was great that they had wireless internet, it was nice to be able to check out the news and the weather reports.
Overall, this is a great family vacation spot. If you enjoy camping, this is a place for you. They have activities for all age groups and enough to keep you busy morning until night. We will be returning again next year and are looking forward to it. They are building a water slide for the pool that will be done for next year! Seems like they are always working hard to improve their campground and provide quality entertainment and activities for all.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is a great place. The staff are so helpful and there is soooo much to do. We come to SM 5-6 times a year. My kids love it they will not hear of going anywhere else. There is so much for my kids to do which means a great deal to us. Someday we would love to be seasonal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I feel the owner Ron seriously lacks a personality. I believe he thinks of himself as being better then everyone. I tried to stike a conversation with him. I complimented him on the way the campground was laid out and he looked at me as if I was beneath him. He walked away. Most of the staff are kind but the others lack the ability to deal with kids wanting to have fun. For example, My son was in the kids pool and started to splash in the water. He was yelled at by one of the workers and told if he didn't stop splashing he would be asked to leave the pool area. I walked up the the worker and said "Are you kidding me?"
Another problem I have with Ron is every time he speaks on the microphone, He always mentions biker week. He counts the days hours and minutes until biker week arrives. Last year, we booked a trip there one day after a bikers rally. OMG the place smelled like puke. The pool was horrible. The concrete smelled like vomit. We stayed at our campsite the entire weekend and made the best of it. If your planning to book a trip, check with them and stay away at leat two weeks after a rally. For those of you who don't know what goes on at the bikers rally, here is some info for ya. Only rule No fighting. That's it! They walk around nude and God only know what happens in thoses pool areas. I"ve been going to Splash Magic for years now and it seemed to always be booked on holidays. However, this year there were 12 empty sites and 5 cabins not booked. I think it's because of Ron's attitude toward people. Slash Magic is sinking fast. If Ron's attatude would change, workers were trained, and this became a family campground it would be great. I don't enjoy being on vacation, trying to relax in the pool and hear 7 to 8 diffirent people complain about their experience at the campground. One person mentioned their clothes got stained in the washing machine. Rust water came from those washing machines and stained about a hundred dollars worth of clothes. My wife metioned to me about an hour ago, she spoke to some permanent people that camp there all summer. They are starting to get upset the way this campground is being run. Again under different management this place would be great.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank stockwiz152
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed here and had a great time in 2008. Last year, 2009 season, it was so aweful, we'll never go back. Like other reviews, we experienced the security from hell. The water in the kids pool was green, not chlorine green, but swamp water green. 10 minutes after getting in the pool, we saw bandaids floating by. 30 minutes into the kids swim, there was feces found in the pool. Instead of the lifeguard clearing everyone out after he was notified of the feces, we had to do it. Normally, when this happens, the pool has to be closed and shocked and cannot be reopened for 24 hours according to State Health Regulations..SM had it reopened in 1 hour. The kids never swam again the rest of the weekend. We were walking from a friend's campsite over to ours, which was literally 3 steps and were yelled at by security. He woke up our youngest (4) and scared her, he was that loud..one would think he would uphold the rules he was enforcing?? Last straw was when we realized that we were in the wrong spot, we were told to move (not asked, TOLD). We realized that our spot had been taken for the past 3 days by someone else who didn't feel like moving and leaving when they were supposed to. We arrived in the dark not knowing anything different and assumed we were in the right spot. We offered our spot which was literally 2 spots over to visitors coming in who were fine with it and understood the mistake, but SM wouldnt hear of it and said we had to move. The staff was rude and unapologetic for not enforcing their own rules with the people in our orginal spot.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank PaulF73
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We have camped here several times and have had great experiences every time. We have stayed in a tent and also brought a pop up. The sites are definitely close together, but they are average for pretty much anything but a state park. I have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. There are so many activities for children--out 6 year old son loves it there. He loves the bike rentals, arts and crafts, and the boat rentals. The pools are very nice---children's pool, adult pool, and hot tub.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We found this campground by accident while searching. It looked really great online and since it was only 45 minutes from home decided to check it out. We arrived on Sunday and by Monday realized how great the campground was. We became seasonals in 2009 and cant wait until April to go back. The staff has always been friendly, kind, and considerate to us. Very willing to help with anything you need. The activities are great and my kids have so much fun. The campground is clean and safe. As seasonals we had some wonderful neighbors and some that left a lot to be desired. so it just goes to prove that everyone can find something wrong with any place and there is always some good too. I reccomend ignoring the bad reviews and book a weekend. More than likely you will want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family

Been to Splash Magic Campground? Share your experiences!