“Poor Crab Cakes”

Randall's on The Orchard
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Orefield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Poor Crab Cakes”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I ate at Randall's 12/20. His Chicken Française was very good, mixed green salads were large, potatoes and the string beans were good but the menu MD lump crab cakes were mostly filler. I was lucky if a teaspoon of crab were in a crab cake. I have eaten better at Easton Diner in MD for less. For a nice restaurant like Randall's, more was expected of the crab cakes. The server was new and I believe hesitant to say anything to management even though the concern was expressed. No compensation was granted.

The tiramisu and JR's NY Cheesecake were excellent.

• Visited December 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Be careful of where you are seated...”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Have been to Randall's four times. Good food. Good service. On our last visit we were seated in the room next to the bar with a beautiful view of the orchard. A large group of businessmen was seated at the table next to us while we were enjoying our cocktails. The evening went downhill from there. We gave up trying to carry on a conversation because of the noise coming from the table next to us. Our special evening out was absolutely ruined. As soon as we finished our entrees we asked for our check. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Stopped at an ice cream place on the way home for dessert. If we do return we will not sit anywhere near that large table.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anne M
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Spectacular!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This restaurant is tucked away, up on a hill surrounded by a beautiful orchard setting. But far better than the view is the food! Everything on the menu is so delicious it is very hard to choose. Last night I kept it simple with some appetizers at the bar - Shrimp Francese and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. But was eyeing up the Steak Au Poivre across the bar. The service is also always hands down professional. Really try it, you will become a regular too.

• Visited September 2013
Palmyra, Virginia
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We took our son here for a birthday dinner, as I went here once before and thought it was very good. I forget what I ordered the first time here, but I didn't like anything on the menu. What was even more disappointing was that what I ordered (pork tenderloin) was loaded with some heavy gravy. The menu did not give me the indication that it was served with a heavy sauce, or I wouldn't have ordered it. However, I ate some of it. It was bland, pork was not "tenderloin" it was more like a thin chop, and very tough. The meal was disgusting......and once we told the waitress, she immediately apologized and offered to get something else, which we said no. Our son ordered the Steak au Poivre, and that also had a thick gravy like sauce over it. It just was not a good experience. The waitress told us that most everything has that type of sauce over it. They did comp the pork meal, but I wouldn't go back, and I wouldn't recommend it. I was very disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
“Good choice”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice recently. Once on a business trip and the second time with my family. I really like the food and service. The waitstaff has always been very attentive. Yes it is a little pricey but overall I am happy with it.

• Visited August 2013