“A Perfect Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orrtanna
Hickory Bridge Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Orrtanna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I decided to take a short vacation and chose Pennsylvania as our destination. Hickory Bridge Farm was the perfect location! It is in a country setting but not too far from local wineries and from the attractions of Gettysburg.

The staff was attentive and accommodating. The room was beautiful and immaculate. The grounds were attractive and well maintained. The breakfast was excellent.

We are looking forward to returning soon with some of our good friends. Overall, this was a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Bedroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We were visiting relatives in Orrtanna and decided to stay at the Hickory Bridge Farm Bed and Breakfast. What a beautiful location and such a welcoming staff. We had forgotten why we loved Bed and Breakfasts so much only to be reminded at breakfast with the opportunity to sit with strangers and actually talk over a wonderful meal. The owner and staff of this B&B certainly know what business they are in and they do it well. I would recommend this B&B to anyone in the area or planning on visiting Gettysburg (very close to the B&B). Hickory Bridge Farm Bed and Breakfast is the definition of what a B&B should be.

Room Tip: We had the Master Bedroom, absolutely lovely and so restful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We recently stayed at the Hickory Bridge Farm B&B on a road trip to visit family members. Our trip had us staying in hotels before we arrived in Orrtanna, PA and we were extremely tired as we got no sleep in these hotels. Thanks to the location, the small brook running through the property and the extremely quite surroundings at the Hickory Bridge Farm B&B, I got the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. We also enjoyed the family style breakfast, all guest setting at the same table getting to know new poeple, sharing experiences and enjoying the excellent food. We sat there long after eating chatting. The owner was on site and talked to us as well as the staff. They made you feel welcomed. I want to go back! I hope this review is both helpful to someone looking for a good B&B and to the owners and staff of the Hickory Ridge Farm B&B. We loved the place!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the brook make for a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John T
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We spent one night here on a family road trip, from CT to our home in NC, with my teenage son and mother. We stayed in the farm house and our overall experience was good. We stayed upstairs in 2 bedrooms with a shared bathrooom. The innkeeper was not on site, but was very accommodating of our very late arrival and last minute reservation. She left suggestions and directions for dinner as well as wonderful ice tea, cookies and juice in the main hallway. The very reasonable room rate included breakfast.

The upstairs bedrooms were on the warm side, but know that I like it cold when I sleep and I am from the south, where we blast the AC and we were returning from 3 weeks on the coast of CT with wonderful ocean breezes. I called the inn keeper at 9 pm and asked about turning up the AC. The bedrooms upstairs rely on a centrally located thermostat in the breakfast area downstairs. Otherwise, the rooms were quaint, clean and comfortable ( think real farmhouse). My mother enjoyed rising early and walking around the quiet farm as the sun rose. It was very quiet and peaceful...you are really in the Pennsylvania country side

When we realized that breakfast was not served until 8:30 and we wanted to be on the road early, I called the inn keeper at 7 am and asked if we could have a quick breakfast earlier...she rushed right over and whipped up a wonderful breakfast on a moment's notice. Needless to say, we were very impressed. She also gave us travel advice on the "back way" into the Gettysburg Memorial Park bypassing the visitor center. We enjoyed seeing the monuments as the sun rose and the fog cleared. This excursion was not planned and made possible solely because of the innkeeper's advice. This is now a treasured memory with my mother, age 78, who had never visited Gettysburg National Park.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mistywaters
Reviewed 5 August 2011

we have been going to the resturaunt for years and my son was engaged and we were shopping around for a place to have it ,when low and behold this magical place appeared and it was called Hickory Bridge Farms. They were the most outstanding folks to work with and as you might remember July 23,2011 broke heat records and sarah and bert when way beyond to make sure everyone was as comfortable as they could .Not a detailed was overlooked they pampered our every need .The dinner was talked about for days following and many of our guests called to ask "what was the name of that place " we have never had food like that before accept maybe when grandma was cooking. there is not enough good things that can be said to properly describe everything but if we were to do it again it would be with the folks of Hickory Bridge Farm
PS: To the fathers of future brides this place by far is VERY reasonable for the top hat service provided . You wont be sorry , We will post pictures soon for future weddingsto see how great it was

Room Tip: cottages are the best
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We have been visiting Hickory Bridge Farm for years and knew it was the perfect place to get married. Our wedding weekend was lovely! The owner, Mary Lynn, her son, Bert, and his wife, Sarah, as well as all the staff made us feel at home and allowed us to relax and enjoy.

My husband, his parents, and sister with her husband stayed in the cottages. They were able to relax outside on their porch overlooking the brook. My mother, grandmother, and I stayed in the Old Farmhouse. Also, a family friend stayed in the Farmhouse for two nights. We enjoyed being able to wander around the house as if it were our own. We were all at ease and comfortable. Everyone loved their stay and anything we needed, they provided.

We were able to have our rehearsal at the Farmhouse off the back deck overlooking the brook. When our minister wasn't able to make it, Sarah stepped in and guided us through our rehearsal. We were even able to come to the restaurant late that evening to drop off items for the reception and she took care of setting everything up for us. The entire staff was friendly, willing to help, and took off all the wedding weekend pressure so we were able to relax and enjoy it. They went beyond our expectations! It was Father's Day weekend and the restaurant was busy with guests, but they took the time to cater to us.

Our wedding ceremony and reception ran smoothly. Bert set up all the chairs and both Bert and Sarah helped coordinate times and music. I was able to decide where the ceremony was held, which was out by the covered bridge and how the columns and chairs were set up. Everything looked beautiful and they did a fantastic job! The presentation, food, and service was wonderful at our reception in the restaurant. All our guests-including our photographer and florist couldn't stop talking about this great place and how we ever found it. They enjoyed everything from the atmosphere to the food. The Country Store, Restaurant Store, and Antique Barn were even opened for our guests. When it was time to clean up, the staff quickly and carefully packed all our supplies, gifts, and food for us.

My husband and I stayed two more nights in the Master Suite at Hickory Bridge. The room was large and had a king size bed, jacuzzi, separate bathroom, seating area, and balcony overlooking the covered bridge and babbling brook. We loved being able to sit out in the evenings off from our room. We had breakfast with other couples on the deck and inside the dining room. One morning, we had eggs, bacon, croissants, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, toast, and a variety of juices and hot beverages offered to us. The next morning, we had french toast, cereal, fruit, bacon, and juices. All were delicious!

We can't think of anything we would change about the whole weekend. It was a dream wedding and we know we will be back.
Thank you for these beautiful memories-everything we expected and more!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed at Hickory Bridge in the Old Farmhouse for my daughter's wedding. The quality of the breakfast provided was excellent and plentiful. The room and bathroom were comfortable and had beautiful views outside. I was allowed access to other parts of the house, the deck, and wrap around porch and enjoyed spending time together with other guests in those areas. All of the family and friends who stayed at Hickory Bridge loved the atmosphere and service from the staff. If we needed anything, they were quick to help and accomodated all of our needs. The wedding coordinator at Hickory Bridge did an excellent job and everything ran smoothly and was beautiful! I felt relieved and didn't have to do anything. She took care of it all. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I will definitely be back to relax and enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbieWK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orrtanna
Gettysburg Hotel
Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast
Baladerry Inn
Baladerry Inn
#3 of 23 in Gettysburg

Been to Hickory Bridge Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!