“Great Brunch”

Muse Restaurant & Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Muse Restaurant & Cafe celebrates the seasonal harvest of local farmers with this farm-to-table restaurant and cafe. We serve La Columbe coffee and light fare during cafe hours then farm-to-table dinners Friday and Saturday nights. Menu will change seasonally for dinner. Muse is located in the beautiful Amish country side of southern Chester County. Come enjoy a lovely spot for drinks, eats and conversation.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on our way from Downingtown to Baltimore for brunch. Delightful options included bacon and egg crepes in hollandaise sauce, and a lovely goat cheese omelette. Great values at $5 each! Note: it's BYOB so bring your favorite beverages. Would love to try dinner sometime.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CaymanLovers

Oxford, PA
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Took a friend from NYC whose husband owns a restaurant in Manhattan and she was very impressed by the food, service - and coming from NYC was astounded at the reasonable prices. The pulled pork macaroni and cheese appetizer is delicious and the Guiness bread pudding is the best bread puddiing I have eve had. Went again and had the crab and pasta which was very fresh (I am from new England and very picky about fresh seafood) Be aware though that this is primarily a farm to table restaurant which means good fresh food but a changing menu. Finally, great place for couples and, thankfully, not a place where you will find yourself seated next to fidgeting kids for dinner; though not sure what the lunch crowd draws.

• Visited April 2013
Joppa, Maryland
“Well worth the trip”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Met friends for dinner as it was a convenient location for folks traveling from three different directions. Muse was easy to find, parking plentiful and charming from the first foot in the door. The table enjoyed the calamari, pulled pork macaroni and cheese and artisanal bread with honey/purple basil butter as appetizers. Entrees were steaks all around and each was very well prepared and excellently presented. As beer lovers we were pleasantly surprised, and thoroughly enjoyed, the fried hop shoots atop the locally-sourced steak (the night's special). Desserts and espresso were outstanding; service very attentive from start to finish. I was a bit apprehensive due to the distance from southern Harford County to Oxford, but it was a very scenic and pleasant 45 minute ride. Muse was an excellent dining experience and well worth the excursion. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Belgianbeerman
PA
“Really Great Value for Breakfast, not so much for dinner.”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We had breakfast recently at Muse and were so pleasantly surprised by the great value. I ordered Eggs Benedict and was served 2 halves of an English Muffin, topped with 2 perfectly poached eggs, on a bed of perfectly sauteed spinach and topped with a tasty hollandaise sauce. If I had wanted bacon on it, it would have included bacon! This completely gourmet breakfast was only $5. I would have expected this level of expertise/taste/quality of ingredients at a much higher price point.

The coffee was also delicious. My husband had an omelette, which was great. And we ordered a delicious greek yogurt with granola topping and blueberries. Normally, I would shy away from something I can have at home. But in this case, it was all amazing. Delicious tasting blueberries, greek yogurt and granola. Who would have guessed?

We visited Muse for dinner, but cannot offer the same glowing reviews for that meal. My husband's ribeye was DELICIOUS, cooked to perfection, and well seasoned. However, my dinner of pheasant with stuffing and cranberry relish was lukewarm, dried out, and not tasty. We also ordered an appetizer of duck on a bed of polenta. While the polenta was nice, the duck was not seared to perfection on the outside and as a whole was a bit rubbery with no flavor.

The service, as others have mentioned, is rather unimpressive. I would not say it was incredibly warm or knowledgable. He seemed kind of cold, in a hurry, and a bit stand-offish. At a place of this caliber, I expect waiters who are knowledgeable about their food and have a passion for it. I do not expected to be waited on constantly.

SO overall, I do say it is a solid 4 star place with good quality food. While there were some things that kind of rubbed me the wrong way, I believe the restaurant does try to provide great quality food with great ingredients. I believe it is worth it's value for breakfast. However for dinner, I would go elsewhere at this price point.

• Visited March 2013
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Great food in a little town.”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Excellent menu, great taste. A very pleasant surprise. Byob. A real jewel and worth the trip. Family run and they know what they are doing!

• Visited February 2013