“I have the good fortune to live here!”
Review of Sunny Rest Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmerton
Sunny Rest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palmerton
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Sunny Rest is a clothing optional resort located in the foothills of the Poconos. The summer season runs from the middle of May to the middle of September. You can stay in one of the hotel rooms, tent on a site, rent a cabin for the season, rent a site for the season and build yourself a nice place to come to on the weekends or anytime during the season. They have a swimming pool, a conversation pool, a brand new nightclub "Flashers" that will open May 18th. They also have a poolside bar, "Streakers" and all kinds of activities during the season. These include Karaoke, water volleyball, tennis, sand volleyball, and various games and entertainment. I've been a member for twenty years now and I have changed my address to Sunny Rest about tens years ago and I love it! I'd recommend this for everyone!

Room Tip: If you like to party and stay up? Stay in the rooms above the office or in the meadow. If you like...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank JanG979

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The website does not nearly capture how wonderful the resort is. The staff is outstanding, guest are warm and friendly, facilities are up to date, and clean. Our stay was 5 days long in a beautiful meadow view room and it was very clean, so roomy, comfortable, well planned and furnished with everything needed, the room also included a full breakfast, the restaurant and food was wonderful. The night club is great and lots of fun. Our 5 day stay was not long enough, we wish we could have stayed longer. We plan on coming back many more times. We do a lot of traveling, and this resort far exceeded our expectations. We felt that we were at an exciting and fun resort in a beautiful setting in the Pocono Mountains.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Last summer was my first experience as a nudist at sunny rest resort! My husband and I had a blast! The people that run the resort are amazing! Everyone that was there were very welcoming and non-judgmental! There is so much to do from hiking to yoga. They have tennis, water volleyball and sand volleyball. The conversation pool is a great place to chat it up with some great folks! Have a drink at streakers bar pool side! Every weekend there seems to be something going on from a beer fest to a regatta in the POOL!!!! There is a night club where if you want to get dressed sexy and have a blast dancing... Go for it!!! We camped and had a great time! The camping areas are very good! There's a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner! There is a pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, conversation pool, and a bar pool side!!! They have a happy hour when our favorite guy Mike plays his guitar and sings some of your favorite tunes! there is also karaoke if you are daring enough :-) You can get involved in everything or chill, meet great open minded people and soak up some rays!!! Best part NO TAN LINES!!!! I recommend Sunny Rest Resort to EVERYONE!!!! It is safe and fun!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
14  Thank Imabakr
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is our relaxing oasis away from home. Why go to the crowded beaches when you can go to Sunny Rest? Always something to do there for the whole family ! Excellent service, Awesome Food & Spectacular Entertainment ! Get a relaxing poolside massage..Streakers Tiki Bar is the place to hangout with all of your friends! I love the new Conversation Pool. Beautiful camping facilities and the hotel room are unbelievable ! I can't wait to spend my 2013 summer days & NIghts at Sunny Rest !!

Room Tip: Every room is the Best !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Cathy V
Reviewed 4 March 2013

we always have a good time we go there there's always something going on she always hires top bands in the area she always has an awesome fireworks display on fourth of July and the people there make you feel at home everybody so friendly and I make you feel at home can't wait to this year when is season opens again so I can go back up there and visit

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Davee6565
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We had decided to go to Sunny Rest during the week cause we were not sure what to expect. We were very surprised that all the people that we meet were some of the nicest people around. The next time we went back on a weekend and was just as nice. The food, pool, camping, and atmosphere were great. Can't wait for the warm weather to get here. Rent or take a golf cart if you don't like walking up hills.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I had read reviews prior to staying at this resort, and I was not sure what we would find upon arrival. I was totally impressed with the staff, room, and resort in general. It was a fabulous experience and stay. Everyone was there to make sure you had a comfortable stay. The food was good and restaurant service was very timely.The resort was easy to find...right off turnpike. We will stay again as we have family in the Poconos. The resort was beautiful, the pool crystal clear, the rooms spotless, staff fabulous, and the guests were friendly!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Linda B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmerton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
The Village at Pocono
The Village at Pocono
#1 of 1 in Long Pond

Been to Sunny Rest Lodge? Share your experiences!