“Fun times and great food!”
Review of Sunny Rest Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmerton
Sunny Rest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palmerton
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Fun times and great food!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited Sunny Rest with some friends and had a great time. Besides the pool, bar, and nightclub the best part was the restaurant. Breakfast was wonderful. The woman chef also took the time to speak with me about gluten free options for lunch (which was out of this world!) We will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cindy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I visited for Memorial Day weekend and we had a great time. There were bands at the pool Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, the food in the restaurant was delicious, the service was great, the staff couldn't have been nicer, and the nightclub was so much fun. We met lots of friendly people, they were all so welcoming to us as first time visitors. We will definitely visit again soon!

Room Tip: I heard the cabin, #40 is beautiful, next time we are going to try and rent that room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gymra
East coast
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed one night at Sunny Rest Lodge, in a room right over the office. The room was a very basic room - just a bed, bathroom and TV, basically. But we weren't there for the room. We were there to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and environment.

The crowd was not huge, as it was a weekday, and the holiday weekend crowd hadn't arrived yet. When the crowd did arrive (around 5 PM), they were very organized, setting up a karaoke session, and having a volleyball tournament, with multiple teams. This volleyball tournament proceeded in a very organized manner, with the teams getting into position with very little fuss.

The pool area had shade all day, in places, which is what I look for.

But the unexpected highlights of our visit were the food and the conversation pool [hot tub]. The food was very good, and the selection was amazing, with all the specials (and good prices) they had. And when you went in the conversation pool, if you were near the back wall, you could hear everybody else along that back wall, without anybody speaking loudly. It was amazing, like being in buildings where you can hear someone whispering in the corner.

We'll be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hedo-goer
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I dont know what resort paul j went to but its not the same sunnyrest we saw.granted we went monday thru thursday which has less crowds but as far as the staff and the people there we felt so welcome and relaxed.our room was very clean besides the purple thong i found behind a cabinet ,lol.we had good wifi except in the restaurant ,they could use a stronger signal.we found the drinks at the bar good priced and i watched her pour the booze and she was generous.the food was very good and the staff very excepting to all the nudity around them.they are very profecianal and never made you feel like you where naked .we met so many people couples ,single women and single men,we cant wait to go back to sunnyrest its the place to go if you want to relax and be naked with beautiful ,kind people

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Thomas V
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Unless you plan on getting up at 7 am and putting your towel at the pool you can forget getting a chair. If you go for the day you can just about forget it unless you show up super early....so for as far as having a relaxing--sleep in-- kind of weekend...forget it... The members that live there all summer pay someone to put the towels down early....then they sleep in and don't come to the pool until after 1...we have seen it many times...the staff does nothing about it, and once you pay they won't refund you so walk around first and put your towel down. The staff is unfriendly and the drinks are very weak. There are always single men lurking around in the exercise room/ hot tub area. We haven't gone back this year at all...not worth it. save your money or go elsewhere. Oh and the rooms are super expensive but are extremely outdated..no wifi...tv is tiny........old carpet and bedspreads... :-(

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank paul j
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Entering with your trailer in tow is tight, check in wasn't bad but could be more welcoming in my opinion. Falcilities were clean and we love the outside showers ;) the club was very modern and our full hook up campsite F-13 was clean, spacious, and in a good location. Restaurant was pricey on the breakfast and the drinks at the outdoor bar were weak. Most people we encountered were friendly and my wife & I do recommend Sunny Rest and will be returning ourselves.

• Stayed July 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Having been visiting nudist beaches for some time, I finally decided to give a resort a try. I had avoided going to one up to this point due to many of their overtly or covertly anti-single male policies. (I'm 30) After having read a lot of reviews on Sunny Rest and once I had I perused their site thoroughly I decided to give it a go.

I made my reservations online, which was perfect for me, and showed up on a Monday (which I figured would be low-key to begin with). Getting in and out of the resort is easy enough. I just used the call box at the gate, gave them my last name and that I had reserved a room, and boom, I was headed up to the office.

You park in a designated area next to the office (Which is by the pool and the restaurant) and go in to check in. Upon walking in (after giving a few friendly waves to people I drove past) I found my first surprise: the entire office staff (about three women) were clothed. I don't care one way or the other about what they wear in the office, but having seen a few videos of others visiting resorts I expected a nude office staff as well.

The check-in process was quick and easy. They asked if I had ever been to a nude resort before to which I replied that I had not but had been to many beaches and was aware of the etiquette. They gave me a map of the place (pointing out where the major attractions were) and a room key and wished me a happy stay.

(I read on their site somewhere that you are to be given a tour of the facilities via golf cart etc. This did not happen though I suspect they would have gladly given me a tour if asked for it. )
It was late afternoon and there was music coming from the pool. I was eager to get into the sun so I quickly stashed my limited wardrobe and things (it's a nudist resort, you don't need much) and trekked off to the pool wearing only shorts.

The pool area is nice with several levels of sundecks around it covered in deck chairs. The music was coming from their poolside bar (Streakers) where a sizable crowd, especially for a Monday, was gathered and singing karaoke. This was where I received my second surprise. All of the people around the pool were nude, but most of the people around the bar and singing were dressed.

I got nude and laid out for a while enjoying the singing and people watching, trying to figure out the crowd. As to be expected on a weekday, most people were above the age of 40. After about an hour the sun finally passed behind the trees and I decided I would have a beer and jump in on the karaoke. I would have done so nude, but the trend seemed to be to wear at least something so I threw my shorts back on. It would be pretty uncomfortable to be the only one singing a song nude in front of a clothed crowd. The bartender , Jen, was a pretty young college student who ended up being very personable after she finally realized I wasn't there to hit on her and wasn't some sort of creep. I put in my first song and sang along to the older songs many of them were singing. Finally it came my turn to sing.. La Bamba!! It was a big hit with many of the regulars showing interest and singing along with this new young guy who had the courage to jump up in front of them and sing.

THAT was the beginning of a wonderful week. After I included myself in the karaoke the regulars (and residents... you can live on the property if you want) opened up to me and quickly accepted me an learned my name. Many people came up to me after the song and told me how great it was, and chit chatted for a bit.

Throughout the rest of the week I became a favorite pick for the daily morning water volleyball games that went on without fail. I met a lot of really sweet and genuine people, some even inviting me back to their trailers or homes in the evenings after the bar closed for a nightcap. I exchanged numbers and emails with a few people,couples who want to stay in touch, and I will definitely be back.

The rooms: Decent, you won't spend much time here. Bed was comfortable, shower was as hot for as long as you wanted it. Nothing special.

Night Club: Very modern and well appointed. Pool table, digital jukebox, the hot tub is also located in a room off from a sitting area there. Strange mixture of nude and dressed people for the nightclub nights... I figured everyone would be nude.. but I guess it's a chance for people to show off their style or outfits. The one night I went was with a young couple I had just met and the wife of the couple convinced me to just go nude. Had a GREAT time!

Food: Breakfast is the best meal of the day with everything else being okay. Nothing terrible and daily specials are usually a good deal.

The Bar: Happy Hour every night, this is generally when a lot of people show up that live there and they have nightly activities like trivia or karaoke where you can win money to be spent at the resort.

Weekends: They really pick up on the weekends and the crowd get a bit younger. I had just missed 4th of July weekend where I was told the crowd was even younger. There are plenty of kids running around though I don't think there were any teens.

Suggestions: Nudity is required in the pool, conversation pool, and hot tub. It should also be required, weather permitting and as long as the person isn't brand new to the lifestyle, at the bar. Several couples expressed their desire for this and the way it made them uncomfortable to be the only ones nude at times at the bar. During the day sometimes grounds staff or friends of the bartenders would come and drink for hours at a time fully clothed. This shouldn't be allowed... and also was off putting to many people I talked to. Maybe they could make drinking or eating in the bar area nude compulsory.. so you could still just grab a drink clothed and walk away if you wanted. This would be a MAJOR improvement for the atmosphere.

The conversation pool needs to be about 100 degrees instead of 95.. Once you are in.. it's just blah. Good convo usually, but the comfort level of the water temp is lacking.

An outdoor hot tub. It's inconvenient to trek over to the night club to use the hot tub and often takes you away from what's going on around the pool.

All in all, a great experience and I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Chris S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmerton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Mahoning Inn
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#3 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Sunny Rest Lodge? Share your experiences!