“We loved it and for sure we'll be back!!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Brooklyn, New York
“We loved it and for sure we'll be back!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great staff, peaceful environment!! The hotel was great value for money. The service was very friendly, it's in a location central to eating/drinking, shopping and a reasonable walk to the main sights. The rooms were clean, with comfy beds, free WiFi --Zak from Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stay here in Sept for Groom Expo every year. It's cheap, very close, and not gross. Good Tv channels, clean shower, nice people. Breakfast sucked, and bring your own pillow. I haven't used the pool or anything, but for a night's sleep, it's a good value.

• Stayed September 2010
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I held back on commenting because the people were nice, but I also left my iPhone plug there and called twice about, telling them I would mail the postage, it's been 2 months and I've never received it. . . about the hotel, I wanted a non-smoking room and got a smoking room, so they put me in another room for the first night. EVERYTHING feels so full of germs and dirt, totally disgusting, it was lucky I had my clorox wipes with me. It was really creepy to sleep, at even the bed sheets didn't appear to be clean. Not worth the cheap rate!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Spunkgal

Travellers are raving about these Palmyra hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2010

While the staff were very nice, this property can be summed up in one word: filthy. While it is not uncommon to come across lodging that is in need of renovation, as this one is, it is rare to find a property where touching a sink faucet or doorknob is a serious health risk.

There were two rooms available when we arrived & everything else in the area was booked. The first room was musty & dirty. The other room, where we slept after much deliberation (the other option was sleeping in the car or driving another hour in the middle of the night), was filthy.

There was not only hair in the sink & shower but it appeared that none of the surfaces in the room, including windows, carpet, TV, remote, door handles, etc. had not been cleaned in months. Maybe longer. This is no exaggeration.

Luckily, we had a large bottle of Purell & a soapy hand towel, which was used to clean all of the common surfaces, as well as the sink, shower, bathroom floor, & toilet. The sheets appeared clean & there were no bugs (unless you count a dead spider on one of the pillows).

Our room was on the second floor above the office with a large shared patio overlooking the pool. We stayed out there until the sleeping pills kicked in, as just being in the room made us itchy. Luckily, the hornets nest in the ceiling of the patio was very small & didn't cause any problems. We'll return in a month or two to see how big the nest gets.

Pool was clean & had enough chlorine in it to feel safe. There was the romantic scent of a backed-up sewer in the air outside of the hotel all evening & during the day, too. Yikes!

Avoid this motel if possible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank monumus
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I had expected this motel to be a nightmare experience, but after staying here for 1 night, I liked this place, I continued to stay at this place for few more days. This place is close to Hershey and the price for stay is cheaper, though the room are not absolutely clean, but the place has good privacy and is close to MacDonald, Subway, Sheetz and there is a chinese restaurant too. The people are nice and the stay at this place is a good value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Delaware Water Gap, PA
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Now I read the other reviews here and I have to admit they are rougher than my experience. Please understand that this motel was built in 1972 and its formerly known as the Cadillac Inn. I didn't stay in every room so this is a review of room 114. The room was clean, no stains on the carpet, and the bathroom is adequate and needs up dating.
I stayed there for $58 a night, that includes tax and all that.
I thought room 114 was a great value. It has a king size bed, free internet access, a microwave, and a small refrigerator. The motel is a few miles from Hershey Lodge, and even though the motel was comfortable enough, I have to admit I wouldn't want to stay there for more than a couple of nights. They have to replace their heating/cooling wall untis . . . or at least clean them. I didn't turn it on. The nights were warm enough in March not to need it.
Here is a couple of tips, bring your own pillows and ask for room 114. Its not a horror show, far from it. I expected the hell, but found a piece of purgatory . . . not bad once you know where you are.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Chasboman
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2008

This was the worst motel that I have ever stayed at, I would have been better off sleeping in a tent. The Health Dept needs to inspect this motel and close it down. All the rooms had mold and a horrible odor. The sheets and towels were old and dirty, no one should have to experience what my family had to.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the entire room
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank shady3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey
White Rose Motel
White Rose Motel
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey? Share your experiences!