“Cheap if you could deal with it!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Wagram, North Carolina
“Cheap if you could deal with it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Last minute, late at night, and the innkeeper discounted the room another $10.00 just to get our business. Just too tired to care, but upon waking up noticed that cleanliness is not their strong quality. Bed was not very firm. Floor needed better vacuuming. Linens had worn down look. Whatever they clean with is very pungent. Tv, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. Next time I'll plan better and spend more!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

FIrst I read the reviews but after already booking the room and no other hotels with any rooms due to a concert weekend I decided to take a chance and think it cant be that bad..... WELL IT WAS. Sadly this place is located close to Hershey and malls and fast food and was decievingly quaint upon arrival. Once we entered the lobby I kinda knew what we were in for.... None the less we had few choices and went in with the attitude...its one night. we are just gonna sleep and shower here.. well our kids (ages 10, 14, 16, & 17) were grossed out by the fiflth and even joked about only seeing this creepy dirty kinda hotels in the movies. The room was full of flies and we even made light of it by playing who can kill the most flies. yeah ! GROSS! I called around tp surrounding hotels and there was no availability... so off to the supermarket next door I went and bought cleaning supplies and a fly swatter! The floors and walls were gross with all kinda stains .. I informed the office the maid needed serious help and this place needed a scrub down , shampooing, even all new furniture..our sofa bed was broken and gross... we kept our bags in our car afraid in the night something might crawl in it... needless to say we didnt sleep well.. myson woke up with what we hope was a beetle on his face.. we took it to the office.. we were unable to get a refund,, Im still wondering maybe bed bugs but hope not... Our toilet was clogging .. the towels were thinner that a bed sheet and the size of a pillow case.. I would not stay here again and would rather sleep in my car ... I did make the office aware of my feelings and they need to get this place cleaned up.. and as for breakfast... just to humor ourselves when checking out.. consisted of a tray of mini bagels, one container of cream cheese... a tray of ":yodels" -- yes chocolate yodels.... and a pitcher of orange juice... definitely take the time and spend the extra few dollars for a nicer hotel.. I shouldve listened to the reviews.. I never wrote a review but felt inclined to warn others of this hotel. and trust me..by far are we are not snobby better than everybody kind of people but the people staying in this hotel were shady looking, hitch hiking kind of people... hope you get the pic..you were warned!

5 Thank Heather B

Travellers are raving about these Palmyra hotels

Sandyville, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I rented a room there and to my suprise I layed down and couldnt breathe due to the extensive mold and the water, which we did not have ANY HOT came out of the shower brown. There was blood on my shower curtain. Floors were flithy and holes in the blankets, manager very rude would not issue refund!!! Sending photos to health department!

3 Thank Hanna F
Willimantic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

this was the worse place i ever stayed at , they had kids of the age of 6 and 5 WORKING, they were running around swearing and banging on the doors , and my kids went in the pool and their clothes turned colors, one of my kids ending up in the hospital from the pool , this place messed up our family vacation .

Room Tip: dont stay there !!!!!!!!!
Jersey Shore, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel was so disgusting that we could not sleep there. We left and moved to another hotel. I will NEVER try a Red Carpet again!

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

When we walked into the room, we were hit with an overwhelming smell of carpet cleaner. We learned soon that the carpet was soaking wet by the door. The bathrooms were not cleaned. There were spider webs all along the baseboard with mosquitoes and flies that had been eaten--they'd been there a long time. There was garbage beneath my bed. The remote to the TV didn't match the TV, and so it didn't work. The toilet would refill every 30 minutes, as it was leaking. The mirror still had toothpaste spots from the previous occupants. The shower curtain was disgusting, with mildew and brown stuff all over it. The sink faucet hot water valve wouldn't shut off, and there was a bright rust stain leading down into the drain from the dripping water--it had obviously been dripping for a long time. The sheets were ripped, and the bed was like cardboard. The floors beneath the beds had not been vacuumed. At least we didn't get bed bugs. Don't go here if you're used to cleanliness. I was hoping the bad reviews below were exaggerated, but they were spot-on. I didn't expect a stay at the Hilton, but this was really a disgusting place and not worth any amount of money. Avoid--run away.

Room Tip: Not clean - look elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LaxDadOf3
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great staff, peaceful environment!! The hotel was great value for money. The service was very friendly, it's in a location central to eating/drinking, shopping and a reasonable walk to the main sights. The rooms were clean, with comfy beds, free WiFi --Zak from Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 24 in Hershey

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey? Share your experiences!