“Like a Horror Movie!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was like walking into a set of a horror movie!

Bathroom- * Mold growing on walls and floor.
* Toilet leaned so you fell off of it while you sat on it.
* Bathtub was filled with layers of soap scum.
* Door looked as if it had been bashed in. (Holes in door)

Room- * Charred flame marks covering one wall and door frame as if the room had been on fire.
* Mold on walls and paint peeling off
* Carpet was so stained that they were black
* Sheets had brown stains all over
* Comforter was covered with animal hair.
* Light bulb freely hung out of the lamp by electrical cord
* Smelled like someone had dumped a bottle of aftershave in room to cover a smell.
* Small boxes on wall that when opened had holes (like peep holes) which showed you into bathroom and next room.

IT WAS DISGUSTING! We stayed for a total of 15 min and when I told them i wouldn't be staying in the nasty room, they refunded all but 20.00 of our money. We ended up having to drive 3 hours home after midnight that night. The pictures I used to book this place was not even of the same hotel. DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank mjgaephillips

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Let's start with the pros: Friendly staff, NFL network on direct tv, location
Cons: Everything else. My wife and I killed, spiders, ants, moths, flies, something that looked like a cockroach?? This hotel was nasty. I felt dirtier after showering. The mini golf course was a joke. The greens were ripped and torn and there was debris all over the course. A dog next door barked throughout are visit. The window looked out to a dump.....literally, the owners had old chairs, boxes, propane tanks, jugs of motor fluid right outside the window.
This place was not cheap! I could have stayed at another hotel for 1/2 the price. Booking through priceline I assumed for the money I would get a decent room. It was gross!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Last minute, late at night, and the innkeeper discounted the room another $10.00 just to get our business. Just too tired to care, but upon waking up noticed that cleanliness is not their strong quality. Bed was not very firm. Floor needed better vacuuming. Linens had worn down look. Whatever they clean with is very pungent. Tv, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. Next time I'll plan better and spend more!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 21 August 2012

FIrst I read the reviews but after already booking the room and no other hotels with any rooms due to a concert weekend I decided to take a chance and think it cant be that bad..... WELL IT WAS. Sadly this place is located close to Hershey and malls and fast food and was decievingly quaint upon arrival. Once we entered the lobby I kinda knew what we were in for.... None the less we had few choices and went in with the attitude...its one night. we are just gonna sleep and shower here.. well our kids (ages 10, 14, 16, & 17) were grossed out by the fiflth and even joked about only seeing this creepy dirty kinda hotels in the movies. The room was full of flies and we even made light of it by playing who can kill the most flies. yeah ! GROSS! I called around tp surrounding hotels and there was no availability... so off to the supermarket next door I went and bought cleaning supplies and a fly swatter! The floors and walls were gross with all kinda stains .. I informed the office the maid needed serious help and this place needed a scrub down , shampooing, even all new furniture..our sofa bed was broken and gross... we kept our bags in our car afraid in the night something might crawl in it... needless to say we didnt sleep well.. myson woke up with what we hope was a beetle on his face.. we took it to the office.. we were unable to get a refund,, Im still wondering maybe bed bugs but hope not... Our toilet was clogging .. the towels were thinner that a bed sheet and the size of a pillow case.. I would not stay here again and would rather sleep in my car ... I did make the office aware of my feelings and they need to get this place cleaned up.. and as for breakfast... just to humor ourselves when checking out.. consisted of a tray of mini bagels, one container of cream cheese... a tray of ":yodels" -- yes chocolate yodels.... and a pitcher of orange juice... definitely take the time and spend the extra few dollars for a nicer hotel.. I shouldve listened to the reviews.. I never wrote a review but felt inclined to warn others of this hotel. and trust me..by far are we are not snobby better than everybody kind of people but the people staying in this hotel were shady looking, hitch hiking kind of people... hope you get the pic..you were warned!

5  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I rented a room there and to my suprise I layed down and couldnt breathe due to the extensive mold and the water, which we did not have ANY HOT came out of the shower brown. There was blood on my shower curtain. Floors were flithy and holes in the blankets, manager very rude would not issue refund!!! Sending photos to health department!

3  Thank Hanna F
Reviewed 12 August 2012

this was the worse place i ever stayed at , they had kids of the age of 6 and 5 WORKING, they were running around swearing and banging on the doors , and my kids went in the pool and their clothes turned colors, one of my kids ending up in the hospital from the pool , this place messed up our family vacation .

Room Tip: dont stay there !!!!!!!!!
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel was so disgusting that we could not sleep there. We left and moved to another hotel. I will NEVER try a Red Carpet again!

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Red Roof Inn Hershey
Red Roof Inn Hershey
#12 of 25 in Hershey
Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Walton Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
1825 Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey? Share your experiences!