“motel nightmare”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Holbrook, New York
“motel nightmare”
Reviewed 28 July 2008

This was the worst motel that I have ever stayed at, I would have been better off sleeping in a tent. The Health Dept needs to inspect this motel and close it down. All the rooms had mold and a horrible odor. The sheets and towels were old and dirty, no one should have to experience what my family had to.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the entire room
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank shady3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Byhalia,MS.
Reviewed 2 April 2008

I love this motel!!!!! About 4 years ago I discovered this motel.
I was very upset as I had the right motel but I had made my reservation by accident at a motel way down the road. I was all in a tizzy. The owners were so nice to me. We had drove 1000 miles
straight through from Mississippi, with 2 little ones. I was so tired and upset and it was late at night. The owners called the other motel and all was fine. They found us room. They calmed me down, they were so super sweet!! They were also so kind to me while my mom was very ill and when she passed. You'll not find kinder or more careing people!! If you want a $200.00-$400.00
room,drive a few miles into Hershey and get one. :) They are making repairs,renovation,because they care. Rooms are clean.
People are sweet. There is a nice pool and a cute little minature golf course. Your very close to Hershey. Got kids? McDonalds right next door. Little shopping center right next door. Great Chinese restaurant, grocery store(their donuts are to die for),
drug store,subway,shoe store, and so much more, a lovely short walk if you like. Just about everything at your finger tips. Walmart
just down the road. I could go on but am running out of room.
Have a great stay here, we do every year!!

• Liked — Very kind Owners
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Carnegie
Reviewed 7 November 2006

This hotel wants you to pay in advance for all days booked - they neglect to tell you this beforehand. If you choose to leave due the poor quality of this hotel, the owner refuses to refund monies for unused pre-paid remaining nights.

They have a 72 hour cancellation policy that is not posted in the office nor is it listed anywhere on the agreement you sign to stay there. Reservation was made in person by a relative, the hotel failed to disclose the policy.

Could not sleep the first night due to loud noise from rain pouring off the roof and splattering on the sidewalk - the gutters were in disrepair. Looking at the roof in the morning, the shingles were in disarray (see picture). Room was moldy and had a bad oder as well. This hotel's room is more of a camping cabin than a hotel 'suite' room.

Owner's wife stated we could receive a refund for the second night if we chose to leave at the time payment was made upon check-in. The following day the owner and wife refused to refund the remaining prepaid night stay.

My family and relatives have refused to stay there after hearing about our experience. The hotel took me for $75 for the second night where I stayed at another hotel in town; but they lost over $1,500+ to date once my family heard about this operator's business practice.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — very low quality
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank NearGreek

Travellers are raving about these Palmyra hotels

new york
Reviewed 17 August 2006

we stayed at the red carpet inn in milford pa and it was clean and comfortable and the manager was very pleasant. we thought it was a chain so made reservations for hersey/palmyra red carpet inn through AAA which only rated it one star but we trusted AAA. what a mistake. our first room had a huge hole in the bathroom wall covered by a piece of plywood which led to outside. we did not feel safe so asked for another room. i pulled down the covers and bugs were crawling in the sheets. we asked for a refund but was given another room. I checked every inch and although it was not a very attractive room it didn't have anything crawling in it. we left early the next morning. there are so many motels in the same price range please don't go to this one.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bugs
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank humanlink38
Albany, NY
Reviewed 18 July 2006

If you like mold and a dirty carpet, this is your place. It was cheap but economy should not preclude cleanliness. I stayed in Palmyra, Pa. because the location was near to Hershey. I used Orbitz to help find a room. Never again!!!

4 Thank sandybast
Bel Air
Reviewed 14 July 2006

Terrible place. No hot water & poor response when informed about it. If you read this and still stay there, you can only blame yourself.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank jc52
Kissimmee, FL
Reviewed 20 June 2006

The owner was friendly. Was suppose to get a king size bed and he couldn't accomodate so he gave us a room with two double beds. The ceiling needs repair. The room could have been a little cleaner. The bathroom had some ants until I stepped on them to get rid of them. The box spring had a fitted sheet on it and it was filthy, I guess they haven't changed it in awhile. It was a cheap price for what we needed and so close to Hershey Park. Also some flys in the room and the next morning when I went to take a shower there was a nasty looking bug in the tub. I really don't think I would stay there again.
The only thing good was the location.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank dee961
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#9 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey? Share your experiences!