“Avoid at all costs”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

You get what you pay for with this one. Start with the door, it had a half inch gap in it, however I'm not paying the bill for electric so I'll look over that one. Nice flat screen tv, mini fridge, way outdated microwave. Getting to the bed the sheets didn't fit, and were stained and had odd stamps on them, I think one said "INMATE". We had three pillows on a king bed, two were yellow and krinkly, one was okay. We ended up sleeping on top of the blanket using sweat shirts stuffed with clothing for pillows and blankets we brought with us. The electric outlets were so old when we tried to plug in a cellphone charger, they wouldn't even stay in. The sink was okay, hairdryer wasn't used. The bathroom was the worst part. There was barely enough room to move around in it, the toilet screamed every time it was flushed, and the pipes in the walls clunked around. All threw the night, no matter who used what water, your room or a neighbor. It took a few loud clunks to figure this one out. Getting to the bathtub shower, I'm not sure what size it is, I couldn't turn around in it to take a shower without hitting my head. The shower head is also not adjustable, so I just got sprayed in the face and nowhere else. The tiles were also cracked and loose since the tub was sinking in the floor, so all the caulk was cracked and large gaps.

You get what you pay for, and with this you get the best reason to leave your vacation and get as far away from this place as you can. Will never stay here again, or any other Knight's Inn probably. I learned my lesson, I will definitely pay more and get a good night sleep.

I took photo's, I'll upload them once I get them off of the camera.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Loganton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It was very cold outside and the heat was not turned up in the rooms. One room never did get very warm all night. No coffee in the rooms. The rooms were clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great place to stay while in the area. Rooms are very clean and cozy. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed my visit. I have never had a problem. Recommended staying here while in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have been here for 2 months now. It like a home away from home. The management here makes every effort to make sure your stay here is comfortable and clean. Wifi and flat screen tv is very nice. For this area, you cannot beat the price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here on 12/24 and 12/25 2013 because it is close to where our grand children live. It is clean and cozy and the heat worked well (it was extremely cold the days we stayed there). Plenty of hot water for a shower for two people. There is a continental breakfast, but it consists of two cereal dispensers, a cabinet with individually wrapped mini-donuts and mini Fiber One bars, a coffee dispenser and juice dispenser. We did not use the breakfast because we were too busy. The day we checked out the staff was very accommodating about us staying past checkout time because I wasn't feeling well enough to travel. Decor is older, but room was very clean and neat. TV has basic DirectTV. A good value for a low price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Woodstock, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is my 3rd time staying here when I go to the carriage auction in Lebanon, PA. I have always found the rooms clean, beds comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Wifi works great. We even got delayed on arrival one night and didn't get in until 4 in the morning and the staff was welcoming and sympathetic. It is not a Four Seasons but you don't pay for a Four Seasons either at this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel was very clean and staff is very nice. We have been on a work site nearby for the past three month using knights inn as our home away from home. The rooms are very clean all the sheets are cleaned everyday and the towels are refreshed as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
White Rose Motel
White Rose Motel
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!