“Rocco's Meets Expectations”

Rocco's Philadelphia Hoagies & Cheese Steaks
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: When it comes to an official Philadelphia Cheese Steak or Hoagie, look no further. These are the closest you're going to get without making the drive down the Turnpike! We start our hoagies off with Philadelphia rolls that are delivered fresh every morning and add sliced Freda brand Italian meats and various Italian cheeses, your choice of veggies, a mixture of oil and vinegar and top it off with our secret Italian spice blend. Soft Pretzel Twists, just like the ones you can buy from the Vendors on the Philly streets, are delivered on select days (ask for some Wiz or Spicy Mustard to dip them in, it's wonderful!). Our Philadelphia Steaks (Beef or Chicken), grilled with Italian spices and, if so desired, served with caramelized onions are the best around. Come on in and see us, we'll be happy to help you decide which item to try first: Cheese Steak, Cheese Meatball, Hoagie, Sandwich or Salad. Your first trip in will not be your last! I guarantee it!!
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Palmyra has many sandwich and sub shops to choose. Roccos appears to be doing well by providing quality sandwiches. Our experiences have been good and we have found the hoagies to be better than the local competition. Good service, too. The rolls are great and the ingredients were always fresh.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great bread imported from Philly everyday. Top quality meats and cheeses, they even have sharp provolone,,,,uncommon around here. Nice staff, fresh ingredients, sandwiches made to order. The Lebanon PA location does NOT have a hot grill, no cheese steaks, the Palmyra location does. Palmyra has longer hours than Lebanon. Lebanon runs out of rolls early, don't delay, but you can call in your order just to be sure. Cash only.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Not more than an hour ago I picked up my order at Rocco's in Palmyra and anxiously drove home to feast on what I'd expected to be a husky, authentic, South Philly hoagie... Can you imagine my disappointment when I unwrapped something that a gas station would be embarrassed to sell? A mere 3 or 4 thin slices of peppered ham filled out this vegetable sub in disguise. I've been to the Rocco's location in Lebanon many, many times and have NEVER seen anything like this stingy swindling there, nor at any "hoagie shop" across this great state. I've been more satisfied with soggy fundraiser hamboats from neighborhood children than I was with my Palmyra Rocco's hoagie today. While the soft roll I selected was very good, what's the point if it's just full of rabbit food?

1  Thank Baron W
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Pizza steak was my choice to test this little joint and I gotta say they passed with flying colors! The bread is heavenly, the steak is top quality and cooked to perfection, the onions are carmelized and very tasty and the cheese....the aged sharp provolone is perfect! The best pizza steak I have ever eaten...sorry Philly!!! Oh and the sandwhich is packed...you may want to share..or save half for later. You will want more!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my favorite lunch spot. I don't get in every week, but I definitely would if I could! The rolls are fresh; the meats & cheeses are top quality; the employees don't skimp on the meat, cheese or extras either. I've been to both the Lebanon & Palmyra shops and they are both equally amazing. (Extra tip: If you stop in at the end of the day, they will sell you any left over rolls...if they have them!)