“A great place ruined.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Pennsylvania Dutch Country
“A great place ruined.”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I wrote a review of this restaurant quite a while ago, and at that time it was my favorite pizza place. It used to be called Beni's but it was recently renamed Mazzocca's. Apparently the goai was to make the interior and the menu more upscale. I used to call in a take out order, show up in 20 minutes and my pizza would be ready. The last three times I placed an order, my food took at least 30 minutes to be ready. I can't speak to the rest of the menu, but the pizza has suffered greatly for the change. WAY more crust and WAY less cheese.

The worst part of the change is the customer service. I used to be able to go right up to the counter and pay for my order. Now I have to wait for the one woman at the door to take my money, then walk back and get my order and bring it to me. Which wouldn't be a problem but for, two out of the last three times I ordered, I had to wait literally 5 minutes for the one woman at the door to get off the phone. The first time she was actually reading a menu to a potential customer on the phone. The second time she was taking a delivery order, which, based on the questions she was asking, requires some sort of national security clearance.

I have never eaten in, so I can't review the table service.

If you are looking for good pizza and would like to get it the same day you order it, try Bartolo's.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank kenbojoe

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Potential but not quite there”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The service was great,food was good and nice portions. Our Server,Beth was EXCELLENT !! She not only took great6 care of us but you could see her flying to take care of other servers customers. The folks that run the place seem nice except for the grumpy woman who plants herself at the front door. Not overly pleasant.There was also a short chubby server who seemed VERY out of sorts and did not seem to deal well with pressure.As stated they have potential but have quite a bit of maturing to do.

• Visited April 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Decent, but farther up the road”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

If Palmero's is packed I would recommend these guys 2nd.

Visited March 2012
Pennsylvania Dutch Country
“Best pizza in Palmyra”
Reviewed 27 December 2007

We have tried virtually every pizza joint in Palmyra, and we like Beni's the best. Their dinners are also good, I could not in good conscious recommend their sandwiches. Prices are good, and they have a nice, big dining room where you can either sit at a booth or a table and chairs.

2 Thank kenbojoe